Rate this topic

@notme and l had a short discussion on this last Spring.

My opinion is that the masjids are not designed "women friendly". Their prayer floor is always too small.

My ideal is to have the women's floor elevated above the men's floor and set back far enough for the women in the first two rows to see the imam.

It doesn’t need too much requirements just some rugs & few turbahs for Shias and a space at least two persons can pray together.

just place a women must behind  first & second rows of men place in modern mosques of Iran the place of women is above and behind the last row of men.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

My ideal is to have the women's floor elevated above the men's floor and set back far enough for the women in the first two rows to see the imam.

I prayed in a sunni masjid once, and they had a section like this for male worshipers (because there are always lots who come for friday prayers), and women in the basement. For a smaller community this would definitely work.

It would be nice to have a library as well, considering the importance Islam gives to knowledge. Masjid libraries and discussions should be a regular part of the masjid. 

And make things interesting so people show up lol. Bring in guest speakers (Ammar Nakshawani will be your first choice), debaters from other religions and sects, martial arts tutorials... Islam is a way of life, no?

Final note: If you want to attract youth, try out some of this 

Big sword is enough for me to show up.

Another thing to take into consideration is building the bathrooms for ablutions with an entrance that is not located in the room where you offer prayers. Also, both bathrooms shall be separate enough not to suppose any problem for men and women, protecting their privacy.