alidu78

When did Adam (as) appered on earth ?

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

This link is interrested because we read that there had been different human beings before coming of actual humans according to Ahl Hul Bayt (as) however i must admit that i already read about that and i knew that. That dont really answer a question i was asking to me because scientifics say that for exemple humans migrated to America 15000 years ago so could we consider Amerindians as different than modern humans ? I dont really think so. Thank you anyway for your answer brother.

2 hours ago, alidu78 said:

According to islam do we know when prophet Adam (as) appeared on earth approximately ?

Assalaamualeykum,

We have this hadeeth which states the date.

From Isa Bin Hamza who said:

‘A man said to Abu Abdullah(as), ‘May I be sacrificed for you! The people are claiming that the world, its age it of seven thousand years!’ So he(as) said: ‘It is not as they are saying. Allah Created for it fifty thousand years, so Left it empty of its inhabitants for ten thousand years.
Then Allah Began its beginning, so He Created in it creatures who were neither from the Jinn, nor from the Angels, nor from the human beings, and Measured out for them ten thousand years. So when they came near to the end of their term, they created mischief therein, so Allah Destroyed them with a damaging Destruction. Then He left it empty from its inhabitants for ten thousand years.
Then He Created in it, the Jinn, and Measured out for them ten thousand years. So when the end of their term came near, they were mischievous therein, and shed the blood. And these are the Words of Allah (the Angels said) [2:30] Are You going to Make in it one as shall make mischief therein and shed the blood, just as the Clan of Jaan had shed?’ So Allah Destroyed them.
Then Allah Began the Creation of Adam(as), and Measured out for him, ten thousand years. And, from that, seven thousand two hundred years have passed from that, and you all are in the end of the era’.

Source: Tafsīr al-‘Ayyāshī by Muhammad ibn Mas‘ūd Ayyāshī, Vol 1, Pg 31, H 8

Wa aleykumsalaam

1 hour ago, Aquib Rizvi said:

Assalaamualeykum,

We have this hadeeth which states the date.

From Isa Bin Hamza who said:

‘A man said to Abu Abdullah(as), ‘May I be sacrificed for you! The people are claiming that the world, its age it of seven thousand years!’ So he(as) said: ‘It is not as they are saying. Allah Created for it fifty thousand years, so Left it empty of its inhabitants for ten thousand years.
Then Allah Began its beginning, so He Created in it creatures who were neither from the Jinn, nor from the Angels, nor from the human beings, and Measured out for them ten thousand years. So when they came near to the end of their term, they created mischief therein, so Allah Destroyed them with a damaging Destruction. Then He left it empty from its inhabitants for ten thousand years.
Then He Created in it, the Jinn, and Measured out for them ten thousand years. So when the end of their term came near, they were mischievous therein, and shed the blood. And these are the Words of Allah (the Angels said) [2:30] Are You going to Make in it one as shall make mischief therein and shed the blood, just as the Clan of Jaan had shed?’ So Allah Destroyed them.
Then Allah Began the Creation of Adam(as), and Measured out for him, ten thousand years. And, from that, seven thousand two hundred years have passed from that, and you all are in the end of the era’.

Source: Tafsīr al-‘Ayyāshī by Muhammad ibn Mas‘ūd Ayyāshī, Vol 1, Pg 31, H 8

Wa aleykumsalaam

Thank you brother but are there are not a problem between the dates mentionned in this hadith and some recent scientific discoveries ?

18 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

About 7000 years ago, according to old testaments, I think.

19 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

When the Old Testament was re-written in the Maccabean period many inferences to conform with Babylonian influences were made. So anything in 'biblical time' is at best unreliable. Archeology continuingly confirms this. Example, "Missing Thousand Years" Theory.

Also, because of archeological work in the last three decades, China has an unbroken historical record back 10,000 years.

Some archeological dating of Europe's prehistoric village sites go back 15,000 years.

Guessing, l'd postulate Adam was Earth-ed Bound during -or even before- the last lce Age.

7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

When the Old Testament was re-written in the Maccabean period many inferences to conform with Babylonian influences were made. So anything in 'biblical time' is at best unreliable. Archeology continuingly confirms this. Example, "Missing Thousand Years" Theory.

Also, because of archeological work in the last three decades, China has an unbroken historical record back 10,000 years.

Some archeological dating of Europe's prehistoric village sites go back 15,000 years.

Guessing, l'd postulate Adam was Earth-ed Bound during -or even before- the last lce Age.

According to what i read here we have also problems of datation in our texts.

7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Before ice age??? It means 2.5 million years ago. It cannot be true!

This is the family tree of the Prophet:

محمّد پسر عبدالله پسر عبدالمطلّب پسر هاشم پسر عبدمناف پسر قصی پسر کلاب پسر مرّة پسر کعب پسر لوی پسر غالب پسر فهر پسر مالک پسر نضر پسر کنانة پسر خزیمة پسر مدرکة پسر الیاس پسر مضر پسر نزار پسر معد پسر عدنان پسر اذر پسر الهمیس پسر سلامن پسر الپسرت پسر حمل پسر قیدار نبی پسر اسماعیل پسر ابراهیم پسر تارخ پسر ناخور پسر شروغ پسر ارغو پسر فالغ پسر عابر پسر شالح پسر ارفخشد پسر سام پسر نوح پسر مالک پسر متوشلخ پسر اخنوخ پسر البارض پسر مهلائیل پسر قینان پسر انوش پسر شیث پسر آدم.

7 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

Before ice age??? It means 2.5 million years ago. It cannot be true!

This is the family tree of the Prophet:

محمّد پسر عبدالله پسر عبدالمطلّب پسر هاشم پسر عبدمناف پسر قصی پسر کلاب پسر مرّة پسر کعب پسر لوی پسر غالب پسر فهر پسر مالک پسر نضر پسر کنانة پسر خزیمة پسر مدرکة پسر الیاس پسر مضر پسر نزار پسر معد پسر عدنان پسر اذر پسر الهمیس پسر سلامن پسر الپسرت پسر حمل پسر قیدار نبی پسر اسماعیل پسر ابراهیم پسر تارخ پسر ناخور پسر شروغ پسر ارغو پسر فالغ پسر عابر پسر شالح پسر ارفخشد پسر سام پسر نوح پسر مالک پسر متوشلخ پسر اخنوخ پسر البارض پسر مهلائیل پسر قینان پسر انوش پسر شیث پسر آدم.

The last lce Age was ~110,000 B.P. to ~11,000 B.P.