Dhulfikar

Obeying the Imams

Rate this topic

O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. Q:4:59

Imam Ali (a) said: ''Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has ordered obedience of the Messenger of Allah (saws) since he is infallible and pure and does not enjoy Allahs disobedience. Allah has ordered obedience of those charged with authority, for they are infallible and pure and do not enjoy His disobedience. ''

I don't know what clearly people want even ask more. If this is not enough reasoning then I really don't understand on what religion you are on. 

I think one should either follow our imams (as), or they should give us someone alternative to follow, I've yet to find this alternative so I will stick with my imams. If the people they want us to follow are sinners then that's a problem Islamically. It isn't that complicated. 

that surely is a very clear command. and what a grand kingdom Allah has bestowed upon Ulil Amri.

this is what i understand.
1. ulil-amri was not a commonly used word amongst the arabs at the time.  
2. the true believer will always say, "We listen and we obey" and asked the Prophet, "Who are these Ulil Amri?".
3. the not so true believer doubted that this command was from Allah.
Allah rebuked them:  "then if you quarrel about anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you believe in Allah and the last day"
surely  the above is not the same as what is usually quoted
"then if you quarrel about anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger".
And of course they won't refer to Allah and His Rasul because they desire to summon one another to the judgement of taghut.
[4:60] Have you not seen those who are alleging that they believe in what has been Revealed to you and what was Revealed before you? They desire to summon one another to the judgement of the tyrant, though they were Commanded to deny him, and the Satan desires to lead them astray into a remote error.