حسين

Life is difficult..

Salam to you all who read this and answer and to those who just read.

I'm a new man, 23 years of age looking to start making something of my life, inshallah. Four months ago, I used to live in the U.K.  however due to some personal problems, I moved to Lebanon. I now live with my mother, and I've spent 4 months trying to look for a job. I've been basically jobless for 4 months with a degree from a university.

I'm struggling to find a job, is applying online not a way to find jobs in Arab countries? 

I have a degree in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship. 

3 hours ago, حسين said:

I'm struggling to find a job, is applying online not a way to find jobs in Arab countries? 

Salam. In any country, going to the business that has a job opening is the best thing to do. You go there and get an application to fill out and you can ask questions from that person you meet. After you finish your application and turn it in, they should call, text or email you, to let you know the job was filled or they might ask you to come in for an interview, to explain your skills and how you can be the best person for the job. When you return for the interview, you won't be nervous because you already went there and looked around. You feel at home already. 

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum Brother Hussain,

It is difficult but with perserverance and consistency you can make it in this country.

Apply with Uber.  Post flyers around town seeking employment.

Be a private tutor for children in elementary school or high school.

Go to this website and search for a job

http://daleel-madani.org/jobs

Check out newspapers and look in the classified section.

Get Al Waseet and start making phone calls.

Get to know people and make connections, if they are impressed you never know how networking will help you land a job.

Go to university websites and seek their employment page.

Get creative and try to see if social media or YouTube videos would help cash in some money.

Pass out newspapers, telemarketing, restaurant employment are always looking for people.

Always make du32 and ask your mom to make du32 for you as well.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Edited by Laayla

2 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum Brother Hussain,

It is difficult but with perserverance and consistency you can make it in this country.

Apply with Uber.  Post flyers around town seeking employment.

Be a private tutor for children in elementary school or high school.

Go to this website and search for a job

http://daleel-madani.org/jobs

Check out newspapers and look in the classified section.

Get Al Waseet and start making phone calls.

Get to know people and make connections, if they are impressed you never know how networking will help you land a job.

Go to university websites and seek their employment page.

Get creative and try to see if social media or YouTube videos would help cash in some money.

Pass out newspapers, telemarketing, restaurant employment are always looking for people.

Always make du32 and ask your mom to make du32 for you as well.

W' Salam,

I'll do the ones I haven't done. I've printed out and handed out so many resumes and received no feedback from any of the companies that's why I came to ask, I feel like I don't understand this country like I understood the U.K.

Thank you so much for your advice I will take note!

2 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Salam. In any country, going to the business that has a job opening is the best thing to do. You go there and get an application to fill out and you can ask questions from that person you meet. After you finish your application and turn it in, they should call, text or email you, to let you know the job was filled or they might ask you to come in for an interview, to explain your skills and how you can be the best person for the job. When you return for the interview, you won't be nervous because you already went there and looked around. You feel at home already. 

Salam,

Inshallah if I do get into an interview inshallah, I would feel at home. Problem is, most places I've applied for they've not even responded. Maybe I haven't tried looking hard enough, however, the response from you and Laayla, has motivated me to try harder tomorrow!

Thank you, both!

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

If you are looking for an English speaking religious group go on fassadbook and like Inner Voice.  Sayyid Hussain Makki is studying here from UK.

Visit your local masjid and get to know the beleivers. Don't talk about money or business inside the masjid, but if you befriend anyone, exchange numbers and then make relationships with people.  

The time you are waiting for a job, make sure you are learning to improve the Arabic language.  Employers are always looking for bilingual and even trilingual candidates.

You might not land a job in what you studied for so learn another hobby or type of labor work.  Some Lebanese men work 2-3 different jobs to make ends meet.  

Get to know the streets, and new places because you might start off with Uber to make money in the beginning.

4 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

If you are looking for an English speaking religious group go on fassadbook and like Inner Voice.  Sayyid Hussain Makki is studying here from UK.

Visit your local masjid and get to know the beleivers. Don't talk about money or business inside the masjid, but if you befriend anyone, exchange numbers and then make relationships with people.  

The time you are waiting for a job, make sure you are learning to improve the Arabic language.  Employers are always looking for bilingual and even trilingual candidates.

You might not land a job in what you studied for so learn another hobby or type of labor work.  Some Lebanese men work 2-3 different jobs to make ends meet.  

Get to know the streets, and new places because you might start off with Uber to make money in the beginning.

Salam,

I recently deleted my 'fassadbook' because of religious reasons and I used to spend time on it procastinating, that's what made me end up joining this forum. And Sayyid Hussain Makke? I used to be close friends with him when I was a child haha, not that he had a choice. I was his younger cousin. 

You know, since living in the U.K. Majority of my life, I now feel like it's difficult for me to make friends, I feel so anti-social in real life. When I go masjid, I just pray what is required of me, then leave. 

Yeah, I've been trying to work on my Arabic, but mashallah the language is so difficult. I've been learning the alphabet for like 3 months now.  Also, isn't uber only in Beirut? I'm from South of Lebanon, Habouch/Nabatiyeh area. Yeah I have a feeling I'm going to need to work 2 jobs :') but first finding them. 

Again, your advice is very much appreciated Laayla 

I'll do my best!

I don't know if this process is different in Arab countries, but from my experience, most employers are pretty receptive to, and encourage, internal referrals. Do you know anyone who currently works for a company that you are interested in? I would see if they can forward your resume over to the hiring manager for any current or future openings. Most companies give out incentives if an internally referenced candidate got hired and stayed with the company for at least 90 days. 

You could also send your resume over to a recruitment agency to assist you in finding a position you are interested in. The nice thing about recruitment agencies is that they usually have a new job posting every day that they're looking to fill, and they are usually free.

On 10/24/2017 at 10:33 AM, حسين said:

Salam to you all who read this and answer and to those who just read.

I'm a new man, 23 years of age looking to start making something of my life, inshallah. Four months ago, I used to live in the U.K.  however due to some personal problems, I moved to Lebanon. I now live with my mother, and I've spent 4 months trying to look for a job. I've been basically jobless for 4 months with a degree from a university.

I have a degree in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship. 

Salaam Alaykum Brother

I don"'t know the answer of your question, but I do pray for you to find a job. I know it's hard. Pray for me as well. I'm also looking for job. I'm in US.

Just a word, when I was back in Iran, I used to kiss my mother's hands everyday. You have your mother. Ask her to pray for you. Prophet said:" When your parents do dua for you, Allah is in rush to make that dua happen"

Thanks

3 hours ago, aliyah21 said:

I don't know if this process is different in Ara countries, but from my experience, most employers are pretty receptive to, and encourage, internal referrals. Do you know anyone who currently works for a company that you are interested in? I would see if they can forward your resume over to the hiring manager for any current or future openings. Most companies give out incentives if an internally referenced candidate got hired and stayed with the company for at least 90 days. 

You could also send your resume over to a recruitment agency to assist you in finding a position you are interested in. The nice thing about recruitment agencies is that they usually have a new job posting every day that they're looking to fill, and they are usually free.

Salam,

That's the annoying thing about this country, it all works with 'wasta.' As in, like you said having someone working within the company to recommend me. Inshallah, I can get a job by luck. I'll go try handing my resume to a recruiting agency tomorrow! Thank you for that idea!

2 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Salaam Alaykum Brother

I don"'t know the answer of your question, but I do pray for you to find a job. I know it's hard. Pray for me as well. I'm also looking for job. I'm in US.

Just a word, when I was back in Iran, I used to kiss my mother's hands everyday. You have your mother. Ask her to pray for you. Prophet said:" When your parents do dua for you, Allah is in rush to make that dua happen"

Thanks

Salam, 

Inshallah you are successful in finding a suitable job for your needs! And habibi, I lived 6 years apart from my mother, living with her now is such a blessing!

Assalam Alikum 

Brother Hussain since you are a native speaker in English institutions are always looking to hire to teach English.

British Language Center

American Language Center

http://www.alcbeirut.com/

Berlitz Language Center

http://www.berlitz-lebanon.com/

Apply now to be a teacher for Arabic, French, English, German, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Turkish, Persian, Russian, Chinese or Japanese in Beirut.

The Berlitz Language Center is always on the lookout for qualified, motivated and enthusiastic employees who are interested in joining a multicultural and dynamic working environment.

We accept prospective applications for academic (native speakers only) and non-academic positions; all applications must include the following:

Letter of intent indicating position of interest (word or pdf file)
Updated CV (word or pdf file)
Recent passport size photo (jpeg, gif, or png file)
Kindly email your duly completed application to the attention of Mrs. Brigitte Hayek (Local Manager of Instruction) at brigitte@berlitz-lebanon.com.

Your application will be kept on file should no suitable vacancy be currently available; incomplete applications will not be considered.

Thank you for your interest in Berlitz � we look forward to receiving your application.

ALLC International House Beirut Sin El Fil

We are opposite the new Sin El Fil Municipality / Baladiyeh
Confidence Center, 7th floor Dimitri Hayeck Street P.O. Box: 55463 Tel: 00961 (1) 500978 Fax: 00961 (1) 510485 E-mail: info@allcs.edu.lb

14 hours ago, Laayla said:

Assalam Alikum 

Brother Hussain since you are a native speaker in English institutions are always looking to hire to teach English.

British Language Center

American Language Center

http://www.alcbeirut.com/

Berlitz Language Center

http://www.berlitz-lebanon.com/

Apply now to be a teacher for Arabic, French, English, German, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Turkish, Persian, Russian, Chinese or Japanese in Beirut.

The Berlitz Language Center is always on the lookout for qualified, motivated and enthusiastic employees who are interested in joining a multicultural and dynamic working environment.

We accept prospective applications for academic (native speakers only) and non-academic positions; all applications must include the following:

Letter of intent indicating position of interest (word or pdf file)
Updated CV (word or pdf file)
Recent passport size photo (jpeg, gif, or png file)
Kindly email your duly completed application to the attention of Mrs. Brigitte Hayek (Local Manager of Instruction) at brigitte@berlitz-lebanon.com.

Your application will be kept on file should no suitable vacancy be currently available; incomplete applications will not be considered.

Thank you for your interest in Berlitz � we look forward to receiving your application.

ALLC International House Beirut Sin El Fil

We are opposite the new Sin El Fil Municipality / Baladiyeh
Confidence Center, 7th floor Dimitri Hayeck Street P.O. Box: 55463 Tel: 00961 (1) 500978 Fax: 00961 (1) 510485 E-mail: info@allcs.edu.lb

Salam Laayla,

That looks something I would actually enjoy doing for work! I'll ring them tomorrow morning! Inshallah you're doing good, and thank you so much for being such a helping hand.

1 hour ago, realizm said:

:salam:

http://careers.pu.edu.lb/job-application 

Did you try this? 

I think it could be a good option when living in jnoub... But you probably would need to be affiliated to Haraket Amal first and then apply...

Salam,

I'm from Jnoub, I have a close friend who is apart from Haraket Amal. Should I apply first then let my friend talk to them, or should I talk to my friend first then apply? I'm not sure how wasta works here. Thank you for the help! Inshallah you're doing well!

10 hours ago, حسين said:

Salam,

I'm from Jnoub, I have a close friend who is apart from Haraket Amal. Should I apply first then let my friend talk to them, or should I talk to my friend first then apply? I'm not sure how wasta works here. Thank you for the help! Inshallah you're doing well!

Not sure how it works either, best thing would be to ask your friend about the best way. 

I am sure things will work bi idhnillah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى you already have help and du`as from your fellow shias here !

Stay positive brother.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

How is it coming along?  I don't know where in jnoub you are located.  But they have two branches in jnoub, Saida and Sour. [Poster below]

You can always put an ad for seeking work.  Every week on Noor radio station, the program foursat 3mal, you can call and request a job.  Leave your phone number (out in public or privately they need to call in and request what your number is) and tell them your qualifications and what job you are looking for.

http://www.yasour.org/2016/index.php

591f521d117a7.jpg

15 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

How is it coming along?  I don't know where in jnoub you are located.  But they have two branches in jnoub, Saida and Sour. [Poster below]

You can always put an ad for seeking work.  Every week on Noor radio station, the program foursat 3mal, you can call and request a job.  Leave your phone number (out in public or privately they need to call in and request what your number is) and tell them your qualifications and what job you are looking for.

http://www.yasour.org/2016/index.php

591f521d117a7.jpg

Salam, 

I live in Nabatiyeh/Haboush area. I wish there was a love react, thank you so much for the help. I'll do that right away.