Jump to content

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

This image of palestinians unveiling a memorial of Saddam the dog is going around. It made me think, we as shias have shown the most support out of any other nation. Hezbollah has sacrificed thousands of men for their freedom. Yet they backstab us by supporting our killers and joining ISISIMG-20171024-WA0000.thumb.jpg.77f1864c0f7b9ce017aeac5943785116.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Hezbollah or any group helps Palestine, they're helping them because they're oppressed. Who they choose to consider heroes is their choice, our part is to bring justice; to bring back the land to its true owners. Whatever is done in the land is up to its people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

When Hezbollah or any group helps Palestine, they're helping them because they're oppressed. Who they choose to consider heroes is their choice, our part is to bring justice; to bring back the land to its true owners. Whatever is done in the land is up to its people.

From a moral perspective i can understand this.

However, i know hardly anything about politics and millitary strategies. I am sure sayyid Nasrallah (may Allah bless him) knows what he is doing.

But surely, by empowering and protecting palestinians, who in turn decide to join ISIS and our enemies, we are kind of damaging ourselves? A bit like an own-goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry actually, because the task of believers is to help oppressed for sake of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى even if the people themselves are not thankful about it. This is nothing but a test from Allah, either we are people of goodness and preserve justice or we are with other side of injustice, sinful and corruption. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is conflict within palestine as well between different groups, those whos opinion are based on the checks they receive and those whos opinions are based on the wish to be free and fight dhulm. To my understanding the major struggle of leadership is between Hamas and Fatah, while hamas has the gaza strip, fatah has the west bank and as you can see every day new pieces of occupied land of the west bank is being taken away illegally by israel.

To my understanding Hamas accepted a big fat check from saudi some years ago to cut contact with Iran that was supplying them with arms. Now, years later they see what that deal yielded, they are being killed off like dogs by israel. Now they are starting to realize that it is better fight back if your going to get killed regardless and as we can see they (hamas) are making deals with Iran again.

Either way our mawla Hussein(as) thought us to stand with the oppressed, regardless of who it may be. Even if its someone from another faith that is being oppressed we have a duty to help them and we do not help them for gratitude, we help them fi sabilillah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

Don't worry actually, because the task of believers is to help oppressed for sake of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى even if the people themselves are not thankful about it. This is nothing but a test from Allah, either we are people of goodness and preserve justice or we are with other side of injustice, sinful and corruption. 

For me i just don't get it. Yes, we have an obligation to support the oppressed. But by supporting the oppressed, we are bringing harm upon ourselves- the army of God. 

I am not an expert, but i am quite sure caliph number 3 was killed in a brutal , unfair way. But i don't think hz. Ali (as) protected him. Again, i am not an expert on this, don't quote me lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even when they oppressed the rights of ahlulbait, Ahlulbait still was keeping helping them to protect the Islam from injustice. It is an wajib to help the oppressed muslims, many times it has mentioned in Quran. Palestinians are mix people where part of them hate us and part of them does not hate us. 

Perhaps this could shed some light why not helping oppressed while have capability to do is one of greatest sin

https://www.al-islam.org/greater-sins-volume-2-ayatullah-sayyid-abdul-husayn-dastghaib-shirazi/thirtieth-greater-sin-not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Afsaneh14

From my own perspective, I think Palestine has less to do with the oppression Palestinians face, it is the imperialist notion of Zionism that the issue lies with. There are a ton of oppressed people all over the world, including nations Iran has good ties with, like Malaysia for example, where Shia do not even have the right to practice their faith. An anti-oppression stance alone cannot explain this. But Zionism is an imperialist entity in the middle east, Israel is an aggressive nation, it has attacked all its neighbours, and not even in self-defense, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Egypt and even Iraq. Israel to maintain its status as a sole superpower in the middle east, has lobbied hard to take down governments that do not tolerate its aggression, Iraq, Syria and now, Iran. In fact according to Clinton emails, Israel has stated that its goal was to have Shias and Sunnis fight each other in Syria, because muslims killing each other would serve its agenda of weakening its enemies. Everytime a takfiri Wahhabi launches a terrorist attack in the West, Israel exploits it fully to its own agenda, likening the actions of those groups to Hezbollah and Hamas, despite these groups having very distinct differences with groups like AQ and ISIS. Israel derives its entire legitimacy from demonizing Islam, and granted Wahhabis make it very easy for them ("muslims" do have a role to play too no doubt), but they also support them by providing them with treatment in their hospitals from Syria by their own admission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Afsaneh14 said:

This image of palestinians unveiling a memorial of Saddam the dog is going around. It made me think, we as shias have shown the most support out of any other nation. Hezbollah has sacrificed thousands of men for their freedom. Yet they backstab us by supporting our killers and joining ISIS

Quran says: "Let not your disagreement with other lead you to be unjust to them. be just to them for Allah loves those who do justice".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2017 at 3:20 PM, Mohamed1993 said:

@Afsaneh14

From my own perspective, I think Palestine has less to do with the oppression Palestinians face, it is the imperialist notion of Zionism that the issue lies with. There are a ton of oppressed people all over the world, including nations Iran has good ties with, like Malaysia for example, where Shia do not even have the right to practice their faith. An anti-oppression stance alone cannot explain this. But Zionism is an imperialist entity in the middle east, Israel is an aggressive nation, it has attacked all its neighbours, and not even in self-defense, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Egypt and even Iraq. Israel to maintain its status as a sole superpower in the middle east, has lobbied hard to take down governments that do not tolerate its aggression, Iraq, Syria and now, Iran. In fact according to Clinton emails, Israel has stated that its goal was to have Shias and Sunnis fight each other in Syria, because muslims killing each other would serve its agenda of weakening its enemies. Everytime a takfiri Wahhabi launches a terrorist attack in the West, Israel exploits it fully to its own agenda, likening the actions of those groups to Hezbollah and Hamas, despite these groups having very distinct differences with groups like AQ and ISIS. Israel derives its entire legitimacy from demonizing Islam, and granted Wahhabis make it very easy for them ("muslims" do have a role to play too no doubt), but they also support them by providing them with treatment in their hospitals from Syria by their own admission.

i understand this. but what about the muslims oppressed in places in Afghanistan, Pakistan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Afsaneh14 said:

i understand this. but what about the muslims oppressed in places in Afghanistan, Pakistan?

Our thoughts, prayers should be with oppressed people everywhere, regardless of whether governments address them or not. Notice I said people, not even just muslims. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×