Guest palwashaiiy

Nursing

Rate this question

Question

9 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Guest palwashaiiy said:

Is anyone here a nurse or has any experience with nurse. I need some question

Salam. Go ahead and ask your question. InShaAllah someone will reply to you.

Guest palwashaiiy
42 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Salam. Go ahead and ask your question. InShaAllah someone will reply to you.

I am 16 and i would like to be nurse in future. But my parents say it is a dirty job because you clean up peoples puke and stuff. They also say nurses face sexual harassment alot. Is this is true?

Also i live in UK. Which a-levels/btecs or other qualifications should i do

46 minutes ago, Guest palwashaiiy said:

I am 16 and i would like to be nurse in future. But my parents say it is a dirty job because you clean up peoples puke and stuff. They also say nurses face sexual harassment alot. Is this is true?

These are all just stereotypes that the nursing profession has. Honestly, it really is not dirty, and it depends which sector you go into. Also, cleaning puke is the janitors job, not the nurse's

It's also important to remember that it doesn't matter where you work or what you do, if you are a woman, you are going to face harassment or injustice of some sort. As a student nurse, i haven't faced much harassment to be completely honest. You do get the odd pervy  doctor or patient, but it isn't too bad.

46 minutes ago, Guest palwashaiiy said:

As for A-levels i did psychology, physics and Maths. However, it is ok as long as you do at least 1 or 2 sciences and maybe a social science. Universities also really like maths a-levels.

Before being accepted into nursing courses, you usually have to take a test for vasic numeracy and literacy skills, but it is quite easy. a nursing degree (BSc) is two years plus training. You need to choose one (some unis allow two) of these routes:

-Adult nursing

-mental health nursing

-special needs/ learning disability nursing

-child/adolesence nursing

:) it doesn't matter what you do. Nursing, in my opinion, despite its low pay and sterotypes, is so satisfying, fun and you learn so much about yourself. It is beautiful touching patients' lives, while they touch yours as well.

Guest palwashaiiy

Are there any other skills or qualification you should have. Like language, course, behaviour record, CV

28 minutes ago, Guest palwashaiiy said:

Are there any other skills or qualification you should have. Like language, course, behaviour record, CV

CV is a necessity for any job you apply for. As for languages, it isn't essential but it does help when you have foreign patients or for volunteer work abroad.

5 hours ago, Guest palwashaiiy said:

Sexual harassment not really dirty job yes :D, and sometime you do have to deal with men and therefore i won't recommend you nursing. However, you can be a doctor. I know you would have to study a lot but in the end its an easy job as compare to nursing. Do ob/gyn.

7 hours ago, Guest palwashaiiy said:

It also depends upon your strength, no one can afford to challenge an strong person. However, you should also listen to your parents, they love you more than anyone in the world, So, better listen to them as well. Think about if there is any other options available for you as well.

On 10/24/2017 at 2:34 PM, Ron_Burgundy said:

Sexual harassment not really dirty job yes :D, and sometime you do have to deal with men and therefore i won't recommend you nursing. However, you can be a doctor. I know you would have to study a lot but in the end its an easy job as compare to nursing. Do ob/gyn.

you have to deal with men in any job- including being a doctor. If you can't deal with men you probably shouldn't have job. :hahaha:

but it is true. it is quite difficult in terms of long hours (i have a 12 hour night shift) and having to do a lot of running here and there an dealing with people. However, if you prefer to be more practical and have more interaction with patients, nursing is much better

Edited by Afsaneh14

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.