Nursing

Rate this question

Question

Guest palwashaiiy

Is anyone here a nurse or has any experience with nurse. I need some question

9 answers to this question

Guest palwashaiiy
42 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Salam. Go ahead and ask your question. InShaAllah someone will reply to you.

I am 16 and i would like to be nurse in future. But my parents say it is a dirty job because you clean up peoples puke and stuff. They also say nurses face sexual harassment alot. Is this is true?

Also i live in UK. Which a-levels/btecs or other qualifications should i do

46 minutes ago, Guest palwashaiiy said:

I am 16 and i would like to be nurse in future. But my parents say it is a dirty job because you clean up peoples puke and stuff. They also say nurses face sexual harassment alot. Is this is true?

These are all just stereotypes that the nursing profession has. Honestly, it really is not dirty, and it depends which sector you go into. Also, cleaning puke is the janitors job, not the nurse's

It's also important to remember that it doesn't matter where you work or what you do, if you are a woman, you are going to face harassment or injustice of some sort. As a student nurse, i haven't faced much harassment to be completely honest. You do get the odd pervy  doctor or patient, but it isn't too bad.

46 minutes ago, Guest palwashaiiy said:

As for A-levels i did psychology, physics and Maths. However, it is ok as long as you do at least 1 or 2 sciences and maybe a social science. Universities also really like maths a-levels.

Before being accepted into nursing courses, you usually have to take a test for vasic numeracy and literacy skills, but it is quite easy. a nursing degree (BSc) is two years plus training. You need to choose one (some unis allow two) of these routes:

-Adult nursing

-mental health nursing

-special needs/ learning disability nursing

-child/adolesence nursing

:) it doesn't matter what you do. Nursing, in my opinion, despite its low pay and sterotypes, is so satisfying, fun and you learn so much about yourself. It is beautiful touching patients' lives, while they touch yours as well.

Guest palwashaiiy

Are there any other skills or qualification you should have. Like language, course, behaviour record, CV

28 minutes ago, Guest palwashaiiy said:

Are there any other skills or qualification you should have. Like language, course, behaviour record, CV

CV is a necessity for any job you apply for. As for languages, it isn't essential but it does help when you have foreign patients or for volunteer work abroad.

5 hours ago, Guest palwashaiiy said:

Sexual harassment not really dirty job yes :D, and sometime you do have to deal with men and therefore i won't recommend you nursing. However, you can be a doctor. I know you would have to study a lot but in the end its an easy job as compare to nursing. Do ob/gyn.

7 hours ago, Guest palwashaiiy said:

It also depends upon your strength, no one can afford to challenge an strong person. However, you should also listen to your parents, they love you more than anyone in the world, So, better listen to them as well. Think about if there is any other options available for you as well.

On 10/24/2017 at 2:34 PM, Ron_Burgundy said:

Sexual harassment not really dirty job yes :D, and sometime you do have to deal with men and therefore i won't recommend you nursing. However, you can be a doctor. I know you would have to study a lot but in the end its an easy job as compare to nursing. Do ob/gyn.

you have to deal with men in any job- including being a doctor. If you can't deal with men you probably shouldn't have job. :hahaha:

but it is true. it is quite difficult in terms of long hours (i have a 12 hour night shift) and having to do a lot of running here and there an dealing with people. However, if you prefer to be more practical and have more interaction with patients, nursing is much better

Edited by Afsaneh14

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• Bruv. Costs an arm and a leg (means it costs a lot of money)  
    • Salaam Alaykum Inshaallah on your effort. Allah put you on the right path. Be grateful for that. About your question, yes you need to pray and fast for those days, but don't worry. It's not that much hard. For example, I do one day Qadha pray everyday, so after two years and half from now I'll be done with Qadha prays. You can also come up with a program for Qadha fasts as well. Here are two posts for Qadha prays and fasts:   Keep going brother
    • Brother, offer thanks to Allah & instead of inventing questions like these, ask Him to grant you the steadfastness on deen.  Surah Al-Maeda, Verse 54:
      يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مَن يَرْتَدَّ مِنكُمْ عَن دِينِهِ فَسَوْفَ يَأْتِي اللَّهُ بِقَوْمٍ يُحِبُّهُمْ وَيُحِبُّونَهُ أَذِلَّةٍ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ أَعِزَّةٍ عَلَى الْكَافِرِينَ يُجَاهِدُونَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَلَا يَخَافُونَ لَوْمَةَ لَائِمٍ ذَٰلِكَ فَضْلُ اللَّهِ يُؤْتِيهِ مَن يَشَاءُ وَاللَّهُ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ O you who believe! whoever from among you turns back from his religion, then Allah will bring a people, He shall love them and they shall love Him, lowly before the believers, mighty against the unbelievers, they shall strive hard in Allah's way and shall not fear the censure of any censurer; this is Allah's Face, He gives it to whom He pleases, and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing.
      (English - Shakir) Surah Muhammad, Verse 25:
      إِنَّ الَّذِينَ ارْتَدُّوا عَلَىٰ أَدْبَارِهِم مِّن بَعْدِ مَا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُمُ الْهُدَى الشَّيْطَانُ سَوَّلَ لَهُمْ وَأَمْلَىٰ لَهُمْ Surely (as for) those who return on their backs after that guidance has become manifest to them, the Shaitan has made it a light matter to them; and He gives them respite.
      (English - Shakir) Try to take benifits from the blessed nights like shab e qadr, shab e bara'at, last friday night & day of Ramadhan. They will makeup your account & removes your burden In-sha Allah. And no, its not too late. A true & sincere repentence is all what one need for his success before death approaches him. Just try to offer obligatory prayers with sunnah & salat al layl regularly from now onwards. And try to use the blessed nights. Dont worry, put your trust on Allah. He is the Most Merciful. Learning is a continuous process which never ends. We even learn something from our own death. You're Alhamdolillah alive, start your journey with prayer "Rabbi zidni ilma". 
    • Great quotation from the FT today.  https://www.ft.com/content/f1d5571c-d119-11e7-b781-794ce08b24dc Note how: 1. an undemocratic putsch is now defined as being 'popularly backed' making a weak attempt at legitimising it 2. the previous democratically elected government is now disparaged by simply being labelled Islamist. Black is white and white is black.
    • For argument sake, let's take  your word. Your world is Data. observation, tangible stuff. Based on all the date you have collected. Let's not waste time finding a Common animal ancestor,( you can spend the time and energy, if you like), its of no consequence, but lets see from what you have from " Science" what does it tell you, how a human should live his/her life.Otherwise all the technical stuff is only good for toasters, microwave, cars and jets and new buildings...starwars or some corporation mining the material form a an asteroid or looking for aliens ... What can Humanity benefit from these findings...Are you willing to live by the Data, Observations form the Natural world and their conclusions. http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235052378-the-delusions-of-atheists/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-3098858