Guest illpsychoanalyzeyou

Mental health or clinical psychology

Rate this question

Question

Guest illpsychoanalyzeyou

Salam alaykum 

i pray you are all well. I would like to know if there are any members on here with experience in clinical psychology or mental health. I am currently finishing up a ba in psychology and I'm not sure whether I should go for clinical psychology or mental health for my masters. I am also very passionate about something related to a health career - like nursing. So I was wondering if I should do my masters in either of these and then go for a health one? I don't have all of the classes required for that but I have about half so I would need to take those first as well. What do you guys think?Thank you so much in advance for your advice! 

5 answers to this question

On 10/23/2017 at 10:26 PM, Guest illpsychoanalyzeyou said:

i pray you are all well. I would like to know if there are any members on here with experience in clinical psychology or mental health. I am currently finishing up a ba in psychology and I'm not sure whether I should go for clinical psychology or mental health for my masters. I am also very passionate about something related to a health career - like nursing. So I was wondering if I should do my masters in either of these and then go for a health one?

Salam. If you want to go into nursing, why take all those extra university courses? Nurses usually get their CNA (very short course), then get LPN (takes about 18 months) and if they want to get more training they get their RN. 

Guest Illpsychoanalyzeyou

Thank you for the answer :) 

Well I don't have all of the prerequisites that i was told are required for nursing and I wanted to go for rn (or even pa or np)? Wouldn the one you are recommending take longer if I want to go for rn rather than taking the remaining classes and then going to rn? 

3 hours ago, Guest Illpsychoanalyzeyou said:

Well I don't have all of the prerequisites that i was told are required for nursing and I wanted to go for rn (or even pa or np)? Wouldn the one you are recommending take longer if I want to go for rn rather than taking the remaining classes and then going to rn? 

I'm not sure what courses you would take or where you would go. In order to get Nurse Practitioner you have to get MSN degree. If you want Physician's Assistant you can save time and money if you get BA-PA. It will cost more and need many hours experience to get Masters in PA. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.