Rate this topic

Can we please at least get to the point that Islam does not have same God as Jews and Christians? Can we all agree on that?

No we can't, because it is same God. We refer exactly same God.

The God of the Mohamadean faith is completely different in Character. Why would God call his own people "infidels" like he does in the Quran and change his Word completely? God does not change. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

The God of Muhammad is same as God of Abraham, Nuh, Isaac, Ja'quub, Musa and Isa. What do you mean calling his own people "infidels"? And what do you mean He change his Word completely?

Also like Muslims seem to always be at enmity with Christians and Jews. Like just historically, with Israel, I seen a man here with a Swastika on his hand, here in the Middle East because he hates Jews. Just last November you had 7 people killed in Egypt at a church because they were in a Church. Yes, I know most Muslims are moderate and peaceful, but just there is his feeling of like Muslims being against Jews and Christians. The fact that in the Hub of Islam where all the Muslims pray toward. That very place, Jews and Christians are not allowed to go there? But yet you say we have the same God? You say we have the same God to justify your religion that started in 560 AD. You use the truth of God's truth for your own ends to support this religion. And then disrespect it at the same time.

There are Christians and Jews that hate Muslims and kill them too, I don't judge them because of their Religion. They are such because they are disobeying God and obeying the Satan and their own desires, it just simple as that.

But yet you say we have the same God? You say we have the same God to justify your religion that started in 560 AD.

We have the same God, And Islam did not started in 560AD. It is started from time of Adam (a) and perfected in time of Prophet Muhammad (saws).

You use the truth of God's truth for your own ends to support this religion. And then disrespect it at the same time.

Disrespect what? Is not Truth of God sufficient to any of us to get guided?

And do not say you respect God's Word or truth when you say it is corrupted. You call God a liar when you call his Word corrupted.

God words are truth and not corrupted. It is possible that there are people who write things and say It is from God. If such a thing is found in religion book, you can't call it as Word of God, but Word of Man.

The Quran contradicts the bible in many aspects, the Torah in many aspects (if you want to just focus on Judaism). Not just in big aspects but small ones like stories, words, days, times, names.  The smallest letter to change is big to me, because this is God's Word, let alone, names and wholes stories, and people.

All the main teaching and principles matters, and all these religions have same main message and principles.

I just want to get to my Original question can we all agree we do not have the same God. God is truth, he is whole, in him there is no contradiction, because where you have contradiction, you have break down. Where you have break down, you have, chaos. God is a God of order not Chaos. So let us get to the basic premise, that we do not have the same God, Islam is the God of Mohamad.

We can't because We have same God. Tell me do your God and Our God differ from this:

He is God, other than whom there is no deity, Knower of the unseen and the witnessed. He is the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful. He is God, other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is God above whatever they associate with Him. He is God, the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. Whatever is in the heavens and earth is exalting Him. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

God - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.

God is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. God guides to His light whom He wills. And God presents examples for the people, and God is Knowing of all things.

Lord of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, the Exalted in Might, the Perpetual Forgiver."

Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, "Be," and it is.

I am the Perpetual Forgiver of whoever repents and believes and does righteousness and then continues in guidance.

Say, " God is the Creator of all things, and He is the One, the Prevailing."

God witnesses that there is no deity except Him, and [so do] the angels and those of knowledge - [that He is] maintaining [creation] in justice. There is no deity except Him, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

Indeed, it is God who is the [continual] Provider, the firm possessor of strength.

Say, "Our Lord will bring us together; then He will judge between us in truth. And He is the Knowing Judge."

Never will you attain the good [reward] until you spend [in the way of God ] from that which you love. And whatever you spend - indeed, God is Knowing of it.

And it is God who withholds and grants abundance, and to Him you will be returned.

It will bring down [some] and raise up [others].

God will raise those who have believed among you and those who were given knowledge, by degrees. And God is Acquainted with what you do.

Say, "O God, Owner of Sovereignty, You give sovereignty to whom You will and You take sovereignty away from whom You will. You honor whom You will and You humble whom You will. In Your hand is [all] good. Indeed, You are over all things competent.

Indeed, God is Hearing and Knowing.

"Praise be to God, Who hath granted unto me in old age Isma'il and Isaac: for truly my Lord is He, the Hearer of Prayer! 

[He is] Creator of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you from yourselves, mates, and among the cattle, mates; He multiplies you thereby. There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

God will judge between you on the Day of Resurrection concerning that over which you used to differ."

Vision perceives Him not, but He perceives [all] vision; and He is the Subtle, the Acquainted.

"O my son, indeed if wrong should be the weight of a mustard seed and should be within a rock or [anywhere] in the heavens or in the earth, God will bring it forth. Indeed, God is Subtle and Acquainted.

And He is the subjugator over His servants. And He is the Wise, the Acquainted [with all].

Indeed, your Lord extends provision for whom He wills and restricts [it]. Indeed He is ever, concerning His servants, Acquainted and Seeing.

And know that God knows what is within yourselves, so beware of Him. And know that God is Forgiving and Forbearing.

And they will say, "Praise to God, who has removed from us [all] sorrow. Indeed, our Lord is Forgiving and Appreciative -

Indeed, God is ever Exalted and Grand.

[He is] Knower of the unseen and the witnessed, the Grand, the Exalted.

Indeed my Lord is, over all things, Guardian."

And sufficient is God as Accountant.

And there will remain the Face of your Lord, Owner of Majesty and Honor.

My Lord is Free of need and Generous.

Indeed God is ever, over you, an Observer.

Indeed, my Lord is near and responsive.

God promises you forgiveness from Him and bounty. And God is all-Encompassing and Knowing.

And if whatever trees upon the earth were pens and the sea [was ink], replenished thereafter by seven [more] seas, the words of God would not be exhausted. Indeed, God is Exalted in Might and Wise.

And ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him. Indeed, my Lord is Merciful and Affectionate."

But God bears witness to that which He has revealed to you. He has sent it down with His knowledge, and the angels bear witness [as well]. And sufficient is God as Witness.

That is because God is the Truth and because He gives life to the dead and because He is over all things competent

"Sufficient for us is God, and [He is] the best Disposer of affairs."

[They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right - only because they say, "Our Lord is God ." And were it not that God checks the people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of God is much mentioned. And God will surely support those who support Him. Indeed, God is Powerful and Exalted in Might.

And indeed, it is We who give life and cause death, and We are the Inheritor.

And God is most knowing of your enemies; and sufficient is God as an ally, and sufficient is God as a helper.

And Moses said, "If you should disbelieve, you and whoever is on the earth entirely - indeed, God is Free of need and Praiseworthy."

And He has encompassed whatever is with them and has enumerated all things in number.

Say, "Are there of your 'partners' any who begins creation and then repeats it?" Say, " God begins creation and then repeats it, so how are you deluded?"

There is no deity except Him; He gives life and causes death.

Honorable Owner of the Throne,

Say, "He is God, [who is] One,

God, the Eternal Refuge.

And God is ever, over all things, Perfect in Ability.

And if God were to impose blame on the people for their wrongdoing, He would not have left upon the earth any creature, but He defers them for a specified term. And when their term has come, they will not remain behind an hour, nor will they precede [it].

God will forgive you of your sins and delay you for a specified term. Indeed, the time [set by] God, when it comes, will not be delayed, if you only knew.' "

He is the First and the Last, the Ascendant and the Intimate, and He is, of all things, Knowing.

And there is not for them besides Him any patron.

Indeed, we used to supplicate Him before. Indeed, it is He who is the Beneficent, the Merciful."

Indeed, You are the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.

And who is more unjust than one who is reminded of the verses of his Lord; then he turns away from them? Indeed We, from the criminals, will take retribution.

For those it is expected that God will pardon them, and God is ever Pardoning and Forgiving.

Indeed, He was to them Kind and Merciful.

O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, God is with the patient.

Our Lord, surely You will gather the people for a Day about which there is no doubt. Indeed, God does not fail in His promise."

If you disbelieve - indeed, God is Free from need of you. And He does not approve for His servants disbelief. And if you are grateful, He approves it for you; and no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. Then to your Lord is your return, and He will inform you about what you used to do. Indeed, He is Knowing of that within the breasts.

And if you fear privation, God will enrich you from His bounty if He wills. Indeed, God is Knowing and Wise.

And if God should touch you with adversity, there is no remover of it except Him. And if He touches you with good - then He is over all things competent.

Do they not see that God extends provision for whom He wills and restricts [it]? Indeed, in that are signs for a people who believe.

Islam is the God of Mohamad.

Islam is not God.

Whether I believe this religion is right, I know the name Ishmael whom you say is the son of the promise (also ancestor of Arab people). The name in Hebrew means "God hears". God hears the cry of the person crying out to him. He hears the prayers of when they talk to him. So whether I believe your religion is right, I believe God hears your prayers.

Indeed He is the Hearer of the Prayers.

I am so tired, I do not know if I said too much. I hope I was not offensive. God bless and good night  

I understand your tiredness, too many replies to different users. No Offensive taken.

Edited by Dhulfikar

19 minutes ago, Journal1 said:

Can we please at least get to the point that Islam does not have same God as Jews and Christians? Can we all agree on that?

I think you'll find that Jews would say they have more in common with the Muslims view of God than with the Christian one. So although you may try to group yourself with them, I'm not sure they would agree. Jews do not believe in a trinity of persons making up the Godhead, or in God becoming man. They don't have anywhere near such problems with what Muslims claim about God.

The God of the Mohamadean faith is completely different in Character. Why would God call his own people "infidels" like he does in the Quran and change his Word completely? God does not change. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

It's a little ironic for a Christian to claim this, when Christianity abolished the Law of Moses, and turned a Unitarian view of God into a Trinitarian one. Just because you incorporate Jewish books in your Bible, it doesn't mean there is continuity of beliefs.

Also like Muslims seem to always be at enmity with Christians and Jews.

This is historically illiterate. Christians have persecuted Jews far worse throughout history than Muslims ever had. And much of this hatred of Jews can be traced directly back to the New Testament, that contains several passages that many Jews deem anti-Semetic. While it's certainly true that many Muslims today unfortunately do have some pretty terrible views about Jews, much of this is due to political reasons in regards to the Israel-Palestine conflict. Prior to that, Jews were safer in Muslim lands than they ever were in Christian ones.

And do not say you respect God's Word or truth when you say it is corrupted. You call God a liar when you call his Word corrupted. The Quran contradicts the bible in many aspects, the Torah in many aspects (if you want to just focus on Judaism). Not just in big aspects but small ones like stories, words, days, times, names.  The smallest letter to change is big to me, because this is God's Word, let alone, names and wholes stories, and people.

Where does God say that what you call the Bible is His Word, and that he had protected it from corruption? If the smallest letter to change is such a big deal to you, then doesn't it bother you that the Gospel writers often misquote the Old Testamebt because they relied on a corrupted Septuagint version, rather than the original Hebrew? That is why you get issues such as this:

Luke 4 16 He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, 17 and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
    because he has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
    and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19     to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

Jesus here is meant to be reading from Isaiah 61:1-2, which says:

61 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor.

He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,

2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,

There was nothing in the original about recovery of sight for the blind. However, that is what is found in the Septuagint translation of the Old Testament, which the Gospel writers relied on when quoting scripture. Because of this, there are several instances where the passage quoted in the New Testament is a bit different from the one found in the Old Testament.

I just want to get to my Original question can we all agree we do not have the same God. God is truth, he is whole, in him there is no contradiction, because where you have contradiction, you have break down. Where you have break down, you have, chaos. God is a God of order not Chaos. So let us get to the basic premise, that we do not have the same God, Islam is the God of Mohamad.

I agree that we don't have the same God in the sense that you worship a triune God, one part of which is a God-man (who apparently still has his human body, so how's that for an unchanging God?), while the Jews and Muslims worship a unitarian God, no part of whom is human.

No we can't, because it is same God. We refer exactly same God.

I believe Jesus referred the same God of previous prophets and never called himself God nor Son of God. It is the people who gave him such state because of ignorance and misunderstandings.

On 10/23/2017 at 7:46 AM, Journal1 said:

Why every time I that I mention Jesus and my love for him, the Muslim person I am speaking with goes into this script, (I feel like it is a script because diverse people have used the same words verbatim), of how they love Jesus too. They say, "One cannot be Muslim unless he believes in Jesus, I love Jesus, I love Jesus more than you" 

Honestly, this shows a great misunderstanding in the Muslim's person understanding. Do Muslim people realize that Christians do not love Jesus like as a prophet, we do not love him a religious duty. We surely do not love him in the context of a person from the Islamic faith would love him. We do not relate nor believe in him as someone from the Islamic faith. They might as well be two completely different people. (They have different life stories, deaths, resurrection, and prophecies told in the Koran and the Bible).

Do Muslim people understand that when a Christian expresses their love for Jesus, they are referring to a love deeper than that of a mother, a child, or a husband/wife? This is a love of "savior", meaning: I was dead and he gave me life. I was poor and he gave me riches. I had ashes, he gave me beauty. He not only gave me life, but a blessed, abundant beautiful. I owe him my life.

To me, this type of response to a Christian who talks about their love for Jesus reveals a wide gap of understanding from the Muslim person. Do you owe Jesus your life, did he stay with all night when you were alone and no one was there, did he sing to you songs and comfort and fill your heart with life, truth, and love? If not, then please don't tell me you love him, because you don't know him to love him. How do you love what you do not know? Maybe you love the idea of him, but not him.

For example, a weak analogy would be you sharing about the birth of your son, and how much your son means to you and he is your life and your joy and your pride. The person you speak with who has never seen your son, nor knows him, says, "I love him too, more than you, I love him so much". He then says, "What's his name, I forgot" and goes his life without ever spending any time with or buying anything for your son. You would say, "Do not tell me you love my son, your words are just lip service, and flattery". Lip service and words are increasingly meaningless in this world when they have no action behind them.

Does this frustration make sense, I always remind myself, the Muslim person has the best intention to make good relations with me, but they just do not understand as they should.

You have every right to Love your Jesus and to say you do more than us.

We beleive in Al Messih Isa ibn Mariam AS, the Mesiah/Christ Jesus son of Mary peace be upon him.

The Jesus son of Mary we believe in is different than the Jesus you beleive in, they are two different people.  Unitarian Christians would also differ or Aryan/Nestorian Christians even with you on who or what the essence of Christ is.

No sense in fussing or frustrate yourself over what we feel about Jesus son of Mary, or anything.   Your analogy here in this case isn't really applicable as we beleive in a completely different Jesus than you.

According to Islam as I (just me, I cant speak for others) understand it, Allah/God taught Jesus all books, including Quran, and his sunnah/example of ethics and law are something we all should follow.

We don't beleive he died for our sins, I beleived he was born in peace and died in peace.

You beleive Jesus as a son of God and died for our sins, of course you ought to love this persom more than me or non similar believing individuals. 

Short answer, no we don't feel we owe Jesus son of Mary AS our life, According  to Quran, Jesus son of Mary was but a messenger and many passed before him, just as Muhammad peace upon him, was but a messenger and all messengers passed before him.

We beleive in the Same God as the Jews and the Christians who follow Unitarian view of God and the human essence of Christ.  They say God is one.

You may be unaware of the hundreds of thousands  of Nestorian/middle eastern Christians who were slaughtered by the byzantine empire after the Nicaean creed changed the view of the essence of Christ as divine instead of human. 

They were all wiped out every one. These were the older generation of Christians that preceeded the newer orthodox kind 

Edited by wmehar2

I’ve been reading this and find the sentiments unacceptable. There are disagreements, yes,  but we shouldn’t inflate divisions beyond what they are. 

To the Christian brother, what does he think ties the three Abrahamic faiths together? 

5 hours ago, Journal1 said:

Homosexuality is definitely a sin. Sex before marriage is a sin. Jesus said even when a man looks at a woman in lust he has committed a sin in his heart. He truly raised the standard. Before it was "Love your neighbor as yourself" then Jesus said, "Love your neighbor as I have loved you" (That is a greater love). 

I do not see that Jesus' teachings are implemented in your societies. Your society forget whatever Jesus told you such as seeing the women is sin but your societies mock at veil of the Muslims. Jesus said love your neighbor as I loved you which country in your neighborhood is happy with you ? Every now and then your countries try to impose their doctrines over north Americans. Your countries have terribly been oppressive to the whole world, a menace and a disease in all across the globe.

If you as a Muslim think for any reason it is okay to kill, do not say you know Jesus. Do not try to say you follow him, or associate yourself with him. In the same breath, you say that "we Muslims have more common ideologies than the Christians themselves." Please my friend. Do you know Jesus said, It is not what goes into a person's mouth that makes him unclean, but what comes out his mouth, because what comes out of the heart, lust murder, pride, jealousies - these are things that make a man unclean? So you not eating pig does not make you following his teachings. Even you washing yourself before you pray. There is a story in Matthew where the Pharisees (religious leaders of the day) confront Jesus about how he and his disciples did not wash their hands - and Jesus goes bad on them. Like he goes off on them. He talks about first cleaning the inside, and how they do all these religious things but are hypocrites, and do not really care about people, and how they themselves are unclean, so clean, maybe all washed up with water, but their hearts at filthy. Jesus went in, you have to read it for yourself.

The quote "It is not what goes into person's mouth that makes him unclean" applies to you because you without understanding the intent of my statement polluted your mouth and applied your analogy and made yourself unclean. Serving the cause of Jesus, is itself a great cause. Thus, if someone does murder of an innocent and if I am an opinion leader, I would ask for the death of murderer or if I am in the authority of law, it is my duty to punish the wrong doer by death on the basis of justified evidence. Do you think that Saul who was King after Moses did not kill people for the sake of God ? It is duty of every follower of divine religion to eliminate oppression because our purpose in the life is to thrive the goodness and kill the oppression. So, without going into depth, you made your mouth bad lolz and thus, unclean.

This second story of hypocrisy applies to you brother. Why did you demean Muslims and created comparison about who loves more to Jesus ? Thus, you begin this battle and without listening to Jesus who said that even if a person who does not know how to wash the hands but loves religion, you should not mock him. So, what are you doing here lolz. Fell in your own ditch.

And I guess that what is the Quran teaches, but Jesus taught us that Justice belongs to God and he will avenge us. Of course we have the courts of law, but when those do not work we never repay evil with evil but we give a blessing instead because this is what he taught us. He said to love our enemies, and bless those who persecute us and spitefully use us. 

4 hours ago, Journal1 said:

I know a brother in Christ, who his twin brother was murdered. His identical twin brother, Imagine how close they were, they came into the world together. And his brother was murdered innocently. And he wanted to kill the people who killed his brother. But yet he prayed for the murderers of  his brother, he forgave them, and prayed for them that they might know God, and for God to forgive them. He only could do this though the power of God. This man is a good man who helps a lot of people today and serves as an example to many of us.

God has taught us to do Justice and do not forgive anyone unnecessarily that the other person may avail of it and continue doing injustices and it may not happen that your weakness of pardoning again and again may give strength to Satan to do wrong deeds for there would be no Punishment and whole people try to kill each other. Quran says: "In following punishments of law, there is refuge for you". And, definitely there is refuge. However, Islam also agrees to the fact that if death was by "mistake" or "relatives of the murdered" forgive the murderer, the murderer can be forgiven. 

So, do not make your mouth bad and do not own Jesus a.s, he hates this thing that someone among his adorers say that Jesus is mine but not yours and thus trying to create hatred and spite all across. 

11 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

I do not see that Jesus' teachings are implemented in your societies.

Brother, it's much worse than that. Separation of church and state has led up to atheism, feminism, and every ism claiming their rights, there is no room for decency and Christian morals are scoffed at. "Sin" no longer has meaning. The American melting pot is now boiling. 

Canada has always had two schools...Catholic, and Public. Public schools are now teaching LGBW/E and are forcing the Catholic schools to do the same. This new wave will keep children sexually confused until such time as they decide...what they want to be? What is happening is insane. Love, peace, tolerance, every body needs to rescue a dog because dogs are people too, and there is no tolerance if you don't agree. 

36 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Brother, it's much worse than that. Separation of church and state has led up to atheism, feminism, and every ism claiming their rights, there is no room for decency and Christian morals are scoffed at. "Sin" no longer has meaning. The American melting pot is now boiling. 

Canada has always had two schools...Catholic, and Public. Public schools are now teaching LGBW/E and are forcing the Catholic schools to do the same. This new wave will keep children sexually confused until such time as they decide...what they want to be? What is happening is insane. Love, peace, tolerance, every body needs to rescue a dog because dogs are people too, and there is no tolerance if you don't agree. 

Exactly, I find very rare people in Christianity who have much more clear view as of you. I am not flattering but if you really are Christian, then I confess that I have never seen a better Christian than you. The reason of this is that I still remember how you connoted the meaning of "Father" as "Sustainer" and accept "Jesus" as prophet and also are aware about the teachings of Jesus being not followed. The people with the mental disorder such as LGBT are getting recognition in the society, Jesus would have wondered upon those priests who say that it's okay to be Gays and Lesbians and teaching children things which they should not be taught such as teaching them sex stuff at school. This is most horrible thing and would have hurt Prophet Jesus a.s.

11 hours ago, Journal1 said:

Oh, you're one of those.

I see we're wasting our time here. We will never join you in your delusion, and you will never give it up. 

There is only one God. 

I guess once you accept trinity it's easy to make the jump to belief that each religion, maybe even each denomination, has its own god. Or maybe you just have an arrogance problem and must believe in your own moral superiority (and the consequent inferiority of everyone else). This whole discussion has been with a person who will never think. 

Just read the Quran to clear up your misconceptions, and stop wasting our time and your own. 

Edited by notme
Emphasis

The Judeo-Christian faith completely aligns with one another. We have the same books. The only difference is Jews today do not have the new testament. We Christians have the Old (Judaism) and the New testament or New "Covenant" (means "Promise"). Jewish people are waiting still for the Messiah that is prophesied about in the old testament, we believe he already came, this was Christ Jesus. 

jews also don't beleive in jesus(pbuh) as the son of god and trinity

They were of course Jews. "Christians" was a name given to the first followers of Jesus in Antioch (the book of Acts in the bible talks all about it). The Judeo-Christian faith completely aligns with one another. We have the same books. The only difference is Jews today do not have the new testament. We Christians have the Old (Judaism) and the New testament or New "Covenant" (means "Promise"). Jewish people are waiting still for the Messiah that is prophesied about in the old testament, we believe he already came, this was Christ Jesus. 

yes we also believe in both torah and gospel and the holy quran says that ''o people of book why do you fight over abraham(pbuh) whereas torah and gospel were after him and He(pbuh) was before them, dont you think, why do you fight over what you don't know,abraham(pbuh) was not a jew or christian but used to worship one god and prophet muhhamad(pbuh) and beleivers are his followers" as far as i know

5 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

Exactly, I find very rare people in Christianity who have much more clear view as of you. I am not flattering but if you really are Christian, then I confess that I have never seen a better Christian than you. The reason of this is that I still remember how you connoted the meaning of "Father" as "Sustainer" and accept "Jesus" as prophet and also are aware about the teachings of Jesus being not followed. The people with the mental disorder such as LGBT are getting recognition in the society, Jesus would have wondered upon those priests who say that it's okay to be Gays and Lesbians and teaching children things which they should not be taught such as teaching them sex stuff at school. This is most horrible thing and would have hurt Prophet Jesus a.s.

well the holy quran says that, there are people among people of the book who will be rewarded

15 hours ago, Journal1 said:

Do you not know that Islam contradicts the Christianity and Judaism on almost everything. The religions are FUNDAMENTALY different and superficially similar. By you believing in Islam, you disbelieve inn Christianity. Do you understand this? This was my point. 

I always hear from those of the Islamic faith, "How is God three in one? this is illogical!" I give example of water in the form of Ice, Liquid, and Steam. This is water (H2O) (one molecule) in three forms. Or how you yourself are three in one. You have your body, your spirit, and your soul. I try to offer explanation, but yet it is just too much for some to understand. (These same people will probably have a hard time in math, because things get crazy with numbers in there too lol)

But yet, when I bring up real flat out illogical attribute about the Islamic teachings, no one answers me. 

Islam derives its only basis for truth from whom, Judaism and Christianity, right? You say you believe in all the Prophets, Abraham, the same God, and Mohamad is the last of the prophets. Yet the book you pledge allegiance to is full of contradictions to the Bible (which includes the Torah). I am not talking just big ones like, the Messiah, the character of God, the duties of God, I am talking small ones like names, stories. For example, Jesus is born under a palm tree in the Quran, it was Ishmael who Abraham was willing to sacrifice in the Quran not Isaac (as Jews and Christians know). So here we have this obvious contradiction and break down. And so Islam then says, CHRISTIANITY AND JUDAISM IS CORRUPTED, THEIR BOOK IS CORRUPTED, the Quran is right, forsake all their writings, and follow this one book, the Quran which contradicts everything God revealed about himself prior to Mohamad. This too me is illogical. Not only illogical, but wrong to go against God like this. Jesus taught to never kill, but yet the Prophet Mohamad killed people. Clearly this man was not following the teachings of Jesus, nor Judaism. He started his own religion which you now follow.

Your point about Islam being the final school, or that now we are ready for Islam so that's why God chose to reveal Islam, and it is the complete program of life, like college. 

My response: So you are saying everything was building up to Islam. So Islam was God's plan for humanity to redeem humanity? This does not make sense. Because for since Moses the Jews lived under the law of God, this perfect law and the prophets prophesied about a Messiah who would come from the line of David who would redeem people and establish a new kingdom on earth (SPIRITUAL KINGDOM). Therefore when Jesus came he opened the door to God to Gentiles, (people not Jewish). So now anyone can know God. That is why in Christianity we are black, white, Asian, Mexican, Arab, it is not about a ethnic tribe but God reaching out to the whole world through Jesus. Yet you say God went back to the law? Not only back to the law, but changed it. Made it in Arabic, killed a lot of people to do it. I am so sorry I am just lost in all of this. Do you know Mohamad killed people? Like why would God begin this new program by killing people? You know how Christianity spread? By not Christians "killing", but healing, raising the dead to life, (not just talking, because the bible says the Kingdom of God is not a matter of words, but of power) but also Christians- DYING. Just like they are today for believing in Jesus. I am sorry but it is hard to have this conversation because I do not know where to start when you have a completely different God than me.

I have no idea of what Hussein you talk about. Jesus never ordered women to wear a hijab. I used the pony tail example because Muslims associate hair with beauty and all these things, So I just wanted to get her hair out of the picture, so you would get the picture I was painting, that her life, her work, her - She was more than just her hair or beauty. And if consider wearing a hijab serving the Lord or "work" you do not know what it means to serve him. The Hijab to me is culture, I live in the Middle East so I know culture when I see it. 

And I get my knowledge about Islam from everywhere, school, life, relationships, etc.

What have you just taught me is extremely hard to understand. I only pray God help me. I honestly have never talked with someone from Iran. I am glad I somehow found this chat group.

Be like a REAL researcher travel to Iran and QUESTION Islam in a personal debate with Ayatollah Javady. You got your knowledge from everywhere, but you get knowledge from college(=from people with that specific knowledge), so now DO THE SAME thing here. Talk with a person with KNOWLEDGE IN ISLAM. We have people in Iran who studied religion for 30-40 years. They can answer your questions. Ayatollah Javady studied religion for more than 50 years. We have specific schools on religion. You can also go to Iraq and ask Ayatollah Sistany. He can speak Arabic as well.

Since Quran is in Arabic, it doesn't mean it's wrong. Do you expect God to repeat same book in ALL different languages? You know that some languages evolved and had changes during the time. If God would have sent SAME message in different languages, later on some people would say"our language has changed, so we don't have book to follow". You know how superficial and absurd is this excuse.

Antovan Bara is a Christian writer who wrote a book about Imam Hussain. He loves Imam Hussain JUST LIKE ME. I WILL NOT tell him that you don't understand love. Imam Hussain is for everyone.

I follow true Jesus teachings, and it's this:" I WILL NEVER DISRESPECT OTHER RELIGION PROPHETS". Unfortunately, you violated code of principles of having a good respectful debate. You disrespected my prophet and my religion(you said Islam is killing people), but I will never do that because Jesus is my prophet and friend of Mohammad(=the last prophet).

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

19 hours ago, Brother Hassan said:

I’ve been reading this and find the sentiments unacceptable. There are disagreements, yes,  but we shouldn’t inflate divisions beyond what they are. 

To the Christian brother, what does he think ties the three Abrahamic faiths together? 

@Brother Hassan: you’re a special guest? Like an Islamic speaker? 

One thing I agree with @Journal1 is Christians and Muslims worshipping the same god is nonsense. Christians worship Jesus, Muslims worship Allah. 

Now, Jews are interesting, I think they would probably find it blasphemous to claim that they have the same god as Christians, since Christians worship someone they would also consider just a man - like Muslims, but who knows.

Edited by E.L King

10 minutes ago, E.L King said:

One thing I agree with @Journal1 is Christians and Muslims worshipping the same god is nonsense. Christians worship Jesus, Muslims worship Allah. 

Now, Jews are interesting, I think they would probably find it blasphemous to claim that they have the same god as Christians, since Christians worship someone they would also consider just a man - like Muslims, but who knows.

Is it not like some Muslim who in his worship could associate partner to God? That would be Shirk. So what Christians and Jews and Muslims could do is Shirk. But we always refer to as same God, don't we?

Edited by Dhulfikar

9 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

Is it not like some Muslim who in his worship could associate partner to God? That would be Shirk. So what Christians and Jews and Muslims could do is Shirk. But we always refer to as same God, don't we?

Christians do not associate a partner with Allah in the same way some Muslims have done such as the certain ghulat sects have done- they claim that Jesus is god himself.

It would be similar to if someone randomly claimed any other human is god himself, and started worshipping him. So say someone said Imam Ali (as) is god, would you say that me and you, have the same god as him? That would be absurd.

Edited by E.L King

6 minutes ago, E.L King said:

So say someone said Imam Ali (as) is god, would you say that me and you, have the same god as him? That would be absurd.

But there is only one God. It's not possible for different religions to worship different gods. There is either worship of God, worship of God incorrectly, or delusion. No other gods, that's absurd. 

1 minute ago, notme said:

But there is only one God. It's not possible for different religions to worship different gods. There is either worship of God, worship of God incorrectly, or delusion. No other gods, that's absurd. 

There is only one God and others worship false gods that they made up. 

30 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Not all Christians worship Jesus. 

On 10/26/2017 at 4:10 AM, Journal1 said:

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Their God is my God. Ishmael is the son born of the slave woman Hagar not Abrahams wife Sarah. Ishmael is not the son of the promise, but Isaac is. Jacob's name was changed to Israel in the bible by God, these are the ancestors of the Jewish people. The twelve tribes of Israel are Jacobs sons. They were of course Jews. "Christians" was a name given to the first followers of Jesus in Antioch (the book of Acts in the bible talks all about it). The Judeo-Christian faith completely aligns with one another. We have the same books. The only difference is Jews today do not have the new testament. We Christians have the Old (Judaism) and the New testament or New "Covenant" (means "Promise"). Jewish people are waiting still for the Messiah that is prophesied about in the old testament, we believe he already came, this was Christ Jesus. 

yes we also believe in both torah and gospel and the holy quran says that ''o people of book why do you fight over abraham(pbuh) whereas torah and gospel were after him and He(pbuh) was before them, dont you think, why do you fight over what you don't know,abraham(pbuh) was not a jew or christian but used to worship one god and prophet muhhamad(pbuh) and beleivers are his followers" as far as i know