Rate this topic

In the attached picture the author explains a fact (using very difficult wording at least i had to read it twice to get sense out of  it )

What he says is it  is known 3 is odd number and 2+2=4 but what is "2"or "3" itself. These little things/assumptions upon which our complicated  calculations are based on are intangible.

Intangible: A thing that can not physically quantified but its existence can not be denied. Like wisdom, sure we try to quantify it by IQ or some other test but we can not  surely say.

Similarly if some body asks define "2". Just like me, you will be at  blues for you won't know what to answer. But at the same time we are using these "intangibles" in our daily routine and can not deny them as our scientific discoveries that are revolutionary and true, are based on these "intangible" things.

I did not find a reference to explanation of God in this text but i get the idea what you are trying to say and you now have an idea that writer is trying to make, if he is talking about existence of a omnipotent entity:

______Just because one can not explain existence of (intangible) something/somebody, does not mean that it does not exists______

_______________________________________________________________________________________

YA QAEM A.S ALJAL

An instance that i heard from somebody comes to mind:

One of scholars had an argument scheduled with atheists scholars and he reached the meeting place few hours late. Being waiting for long time the waiting party was furious and shouted  on him as he entered the hall.

The scholar walked up to his designated place and apologized. Further explaining that as you know there is a stream (canal) between this place and his home. So when he reached the bank there were no boats. He was waiting when suddenly some trees along side canal fell down joined themselves together and made a boat for me all by itself. Then he got  on it and crossed the canal. 

Every one was laughing and taunting him that that's beyond logic and do he thinks that his opponent are fools? 
He simply replied and that ended that argument then and there:

"You are not willing to believe that a simple boat was made by itself yet you claim that  this entire universe and all the living and non living things in it were just created by chance"

7 minutes ago, Messam RAza said:

In the attached picture the author explains a fact (using very difficult wording at least i had to read it twice to get sense out of  it )

What he says is it  is known 3 is odd number and 2+2=4 but what is "2"or "3" itself. These little things/assumptions upon which our complicated  calculations are based on are intangible.

The laws of mathematics can only be grasped by our intellect. 2 + 2 = 4 does not exist in the physical realm. Since they can only be grasped by an intellect, and these laws existed for eternity, (2 + 2 always has, will and equals 4), then they must be grounded in an eternal intellect. They must hence exist in an eternal mind (which is god).

Do you know an indepth explanation of this

Can you please let me  know about your education history (subjects etc.), so that i can try to explain accordingly.

It is actually saying the quote of Imam Jafar al Sadiq a.s in which he a.s said that everything which you think you have invented is not an invention but a discovery. Gravity was always there and Newton did not invented it, he just discovered it. Likewise, the concept that plane could fly was not invented but discovered that if you provide such and such adjustments in designs, the plane would fly. Similarly, every thing in this universe, shows a pattern and harmony and this is said in Quran: "We have created everything with a proper measure". This pattern itself defines that there is someone who has been balancing such patterns for discipline and arrangements is property of intellect. 

Animals cannot recognize triangles and circles and their properties but if they disagree with you, it does not mean that they aren't existing. Therefore, even this pattern that animals cannot recognize and we can, provides an evidence that indeed, there is someone who is stopping animals from learning that and allowing us to learn that. 

30 minutes ago, Messam RAza said:

Can you please let me  know about your education history (subjects etc.), so that i can try to explain accordingly.

I'm in grade 12, and in canada.

2 hours ago, Qasim_Husayn said:

I'm in grade 12, and in canada.

Being in Canad i assume you know the meaning of "intangible".

So i again say the best example of intangible thing is wisdom. One can not touch it but cant deny its existence either nor can we prove. 

The author says that in order to define certain things one has to admit some intangible and facts that can not be proved. Assuming these facts perfectly defines and explains the many things that can be proved and have physical existence. Similar to  that fact as explained above, there is a gravitational force every body admits it we have formulas and satellites working on basis of it but what is the core reason of existence of gravitational force is unknown.

What if i ask you what is meaning of "2" can you explain ? Try.
I can't. now you may put two pencils in front of me and say the count is two pencils but still you did not define "2". you just defined the quantity of pencils.  

______________________________________________________________________________|
YA QAEM A.S ALAJL

There is another perspective on this:

3 hours ago, Qasim_Husayn said:

They must hence exist in an eternal mind (which is god).

There is a sufi belief that the entity of God is present in every thing. This statement is related to that. They believe every thing in this world is essence/ part of God in some way.

A poet said:

You are in oceans, You are in deserts

You are  in heights of skies and in depths of deepest cave

For  every one where they can reach (spiritually), 

You are there for them

Meaning as per this one does not have to be a scholar, just have to make effort  to his fullest and wherever he/she reaches, they will find God with them.

YA QAEM A.S ALAJAL