Ali0007

What about women rights in islam

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Ali0007 said:

What are the rights of women

Same as men, except a daughter inherits less than a son, and the family hierarchy gives a husband authority over his wife and requires him to provide for her. Also, in an Islamic court regarding financial matters the testimony of a woman is traditionally half that if a man. (I know if no instance where this has been relevant.)

Wives and mothers have some additional rights, but not women in general. 

28 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Pdf files are great, to just keep scrolling and reading. 

This is the online version of the book The Rights of Women in Islam. You have to click on a chapter on the left side of the page and then click on the Next or Previous to go forward or back in the book:

https://www.al-islam.org/rights-women-islam-ayatullah-murtadha-mutahhari

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• What racist comments?
    • Hello, Not a single rebuke from fellow Shia Chat members or Edits from Shia Chat Moderators?  But, to date, there are two likes? This post clearly violates Shia Chat rule number 4, No swear words, unmannered replies or racist comments, especially when directed at other members. A warning followed by a temporary ban shall be met. If a member repeats their offensive or racist language, a permanent ban will take place. No excuses. Overt slogans of "death" or "destruction" (or similar wording) of any specific government, nation, people, group, or religion is not permitted. However, constructive criticisms of the above are welcomed and encouraged. And, I question the morals of those that would allow a post such as Darth Vader's to go unanswered.  Many of you like to lament about the irrationality of "Islamaphobia."  Yet, you only clap and praise such racist and divisive post. It has been nice chatting with you all.  I have learned what I came here to learn. All the Best, David
    • Wasalam  Are you not allowed to see your daughter anymore sister?  If Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى can understand our thoughts I have no doubt that the creator of heaven, earth and hell can determine our dreams. Anything is possible sister and this very much could be a mercy of Allah bestowed upon you. 
    • Jungle main mor nacha kis ne dekha?? @shiaman14
    • I heared a scholar saying that every sinner will burn in hell. And this burning is to cleanse him from sinns he committed. And this burning of sinner is mercy of Allah. Once he is cleansed from sins he will be send to paradise.