Hameedeh

#11 Are You A Breakfast Person?

Breakfast?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a breakfast person?

• Yes
    • No

I can't function without my morning meal, and I do enjoy "traditional breakfast foods" but I feel no need to limit my breakfast to breakfast foods, or to limit my breakfast foods to breakfast. 

should be - benefits of eating the right food for breakfast.

Foods such as

Donuts, cakes, icecream, fizzy drinks, chocolates, are great for breakfast. They will energize that human battery and make sure it turns that hamster wheel, faster then usain Bolt and it does come with a great reward. A high cholestoral early grave.

Breakfast is not a must, it all depends on the type of person one is. There is a difference between habit and knowing what one is. Some do not eat breakfast and they feel great, some don't and they feel poor. It is all about eating the right, healthy foods per day to control energy out put.

If I visit ShiaChat before my breakfast, my breakfast might be postponed until lunch time. One day, it was a Saturday or Sunday, I was so busy at SC that I had my breakfast about 3 pm (1500 hours). :( I have made it my own personal rule to not come to SC unless I had my breakfast first. :blush:  

12 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

If I visit ShiaChat before my breakfast, my breakfast might be postponed until lunch time. One day, it was a Saturday or Sunday, I was so busy at SC that I had my breakfast about 3 pm (1500 hours). :( I have made it my own personal rule to not come to SC unless I had my breakfast first. :blush:  

Well, since you can qualify as our SC's "Mother Hen" l am not in the least surprised at this level of dedication.  :cool:

On 10/20/2017 at 1:33 PM, rkazmi33 said:

I drink coffee in the morning but it's hard to eat anything. Usually I am very anxious in the morning and it's hard to feel hungry when you are anxious. I start feeling hungry around 11 to 12. 

Caffeine is a major cause for anxiety. Go decaf and best is to try and quit it while you can. Whenever I get hit by anxiety like when the climate changes or something happens I nearly stop tea consumption for a week at least.

As for the breakfast topic at hand, KIDS, don't skip breakfast, take my word for it. You may not value that precious stomach lining inside your bellies but you should start -now-. All the chemicals and spices in our foods guarantee that you will regret the habit soon enough.

According to another tradition from the same Imam (a.s.), God will question every Momin on three topics on the day of judgement; firstly, what he had eaten, secondly, what he had worn and thirdly, how much he had fulfilled the desire of obedient wife and kept her away from haram. Abu Khalid Kabuli visited Imam Mohammed Baqir (a.s.) who served him with delicious food during breakfast. When the Imam (a.s.) asked how was the food, Abu Khalid praised the food and recited this Aayat:

‘And on that day will be definitely questioned about the manifold blessings of Allah.’[2]

According to a tradition from Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.), if you eat too much food, then white spots appear.

According to a tradition from Imam Ja'far-e-Sadiq (a.s.), God keeps those people enemies who have these habits:

a)      Who sleep during the day when they have not been awake during the night,

b)      Who laugh meaninglessly,

c)      Who eat after the stomach is full.

According to Imam Reza (a.s.), one should not take melon before breakfast as it causes paralysis. It should always be taken with dried dates or sugar as the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) used to take.

A tradition from the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) states that if one says Bismillah before having any fruit then it does not harm.

According to Hazrat Ali (a.s.), once Hazrat Esa (Jesus) 

According to a reliable tradition coming from Husham, he visited Imam Ja'far-e-Sadiq (a.s.) in the company of Ibne Abi Yafoor. When Hazrat ordered for breakfast (chasht), Husham said that he would have only a little. The Imam (a.s.) said that perhaps Husham did not know that one could find out the depth of friendship between two momins by the amount of food they take in each other's company. The more friendly they are, the more they will eat in each other's company. Many reliable traditions are always stressing this aspect.

http://islamic-laws.com/eatinghabbit.htm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• Need to explain the reason of this wiki and Islam. My way of thinking : How do we sure/certain that Iblis has knowledge of God perfectly when he/Iblis disobey God's order to bow.
    • Salaam Alaykum Brother Good for your sister that has such a good brother. It is very important to observe Hijab and Islamic dress code. First of all, don't expect your sister to change her behaviour in one night. This process takes months, or maybe one or two years, so be patient. Never get angry on this because it only ruins your previous effort. Always calm and patient. Second, don't expect your sister to be nice to you when you talk about Hijab with her. She probably disrespects you or say inappropriate words, you MUST be quiet if it happens. Apparently your mother is concerned about this. It's a good thing that you are not alone. Observing Islamic dress code is very very gradual process. Your mother and you should be together and patient. Try to be more respectful to your sister and help her as much as you can. Let her think that you always support her. Your mother should also show observation in this matter. Your sister should see that your mother doesn't wear any kind of cloth. For example, when your mother and you and your sister are shopping, your mother should say(loudly so that your sister hears that), I don't like this dress. It's too short or tight and I'm Muslim. Never use force or fighting to make her dress islamically. Let her to understand this herself. Remember be kinder and more patient. Do as much favor as you can for your sister. Tell your mother to do the same. Gradually you can start talking with your sister in person about Hijab. The key is that she should first TRUST you that you are saying that just for help and your love as her brother.
    • Over the last 40 years, we have seen an increase in income inequality, especially in the US, with wages stagnating for a large majority of the population, but profits for corporations continuing to grow exponentially, this was obviously dealt a blow in the financial crisis, but the mechanisms in place to fix the crisis largely continued to promote neoliberal, state capitalism. The federal reserve, which I believe is criticised unfairly is largely a mechanism in place to fix problems within a very highly flawed system. You need a body that has to regulate banks and interest rates, otherwise you would have a situation that is even worse, where banks would continually just collude and set rates in a way that benefits them. The problem however is that, the Fed's mechanisms only empower the same system that has done damage to so many people's lives. By promoting bank bailouts, which then just give the bank the insurance that they can continue to do whatever they want, and the government will just continue to bail them out, they have no much incentive to act differently. Financial reform and regulation have been implemented since the financial crisis but these aren't enough, and the bailouts only led to bank CEOs giving themselves higher bonuses. But the question is how do you fix the system? If you don't bail the banks out, you leave millions unemployed, you make small business reliant on banks for short-term financing shut down. If you don't print money and you don't increase the deficit, you get rid of the few ways in a flawed economic system to boost the economy. So how do you fix it? More regulation? Do you make the Federal Open Market Committee meetings more public, but then that just allows political influence and gives more power to a very corrupt congress to make decisions, when you can't exactly trust them either? There have been attempts to make other currency systems like bitcoin, but on a national level what is a good solution? To centralise the banks completely would be a good idea but its just giving power to corrupt lawmakers who are bought by corporate interests. 
    • I think an important question that nobodies asked is what kind of relationship do you have with your sister?  If you're not super close and just come out of nowhere with all these rules shes going to rebel and your parents could get involved- telling you to stay out of it. If this happens- she might think its okay because her parents are defending her.  If you're not close, then maybe this is an opportunity to be. Try and be really open and non judgemental and find out why she doesn't wish to observe hijab. It may just be down to ignorance: she simply doesn't know its importance in islam. You'd be surprised what kind of interesting conversations you'd have.  My brothers beliefs are fairly different to mine and fairly often we have interesting discussions/debates about all kinds of topics. He's also very open minded so I feel reassurance/comfort if I ever need to ask advice or information about a certain topic.