rxdbx

Dua when on period

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, rxdbx said:

Salam,

is it allowed to read Duas when im on my period?

- Prayers or other similar acts of worship which require 'Ghusl', 'Wudhu' or 'Tayyamum'.

- To touch with any part of your body the script of the Holy Qur'an or the Names of Allah (s.w.t) in whichever language it may be. It is also recommended that the names of the Ahlul Bayt (a.s) should not be touched in that condition either.

- Entering 'Masjidul Haraam' or 'Masjidun Nabi', even though it may be only passing from one gate and going out of another.

- To stay or halt in all other Masjids, and similarly, on the basis of obligatory precaution, to stay in the shrines of the Holy Imams (a.s). However, there is no harm if one crosses or traverses through a mosque, entering from one gate and exiting from another.

- To enter a mosque with an intention of lifting away something or placing something in it.

- To recite those verses of the Holy Qur'an on the recitation of which performanceof Sajdah becomes obligatory.

- To perform sexual intercourse.

In order to purify yourself after your monthly period, you must perform 'Ghusl', and it is also preferred to perform 'Wudhu' afterwards if you intend to prepare yourself for prayers.

There are two types of 'Ghusl':

- Sequential: (This can be done underneath the shower)

1. Make the intention.

2. Wash your head and neck.

3. Was the right part of your body.

4. Wash the left part of your body.

- By submerging the whole body: (Such as in a river)

1. Either instantly or gradually.

5 hours ago, rxdbx said:

is it allowed to read Duas when im on my period?

@rxdbx Yes, you can recite a dua during menses (menstruation). A dua is not wajib and you can recite a dua anytime, however be aware of the restrictions that @Ron_Burgundy posted above my reply, for example, do not touch the words in the dua because they are holy (contain names of Allah, verses of the Holy Qur'an, etc.)