hasanhh

Political Challenge

Rate this topic

During some reading on the Cobell Case which was a lawsuit against the "USCA" [U.S. Corruption Agency  :D ]  l read this neo-colonial worldviewed "5 Civilized Tribes". Tribes which were similar to colonial views about gov't and such. Choctaw, Seminole, Cherokee ...

This is a century before the "white man's burden" garbage of the late 19th Century.

So here's the challenge: Name "5 Humanitarian Gov'ts".

Switzerland is the only one l can think of.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

During some reading on the Cobell Case which was a lawsuit against the "USCA" [U.S. Corruption Agency  :D ]  l read this neo-colonial worldviewed "5 Civilized Tribes". Tribes which were similar to colonial views about gov't and such. Choctaw, Seminole, Cherokee ...

This is a century before the "white man's burden" garbage of the late 19th Century.

So here's the challenge: Name "5 Humanitarian Gov'ts".

Switzerland is the only one l can think of.

My father's government in ma house :D all people are living healthy, no one is having trouble, no crime inside house and troublemakers punished with severe criticism if one is dealt such it become example for others. 

My tribal government. We have a pretty good crew now.

( The so-called " Five Civilized" were so named by whites because they were agricultural and , often under duress, adopted a lot of the customs of the invaders after contact. Actually there were plenty of other agricultural tribes ,but some of the Euros had not met them yet. I personally don't think the governments of the native nations mentioned were much like those of the Europeans at the time. Now the term " Five Civilized" is considered racially charged in some circles or simply understood to be  anthropologically ignorant or prejudicial in others. It isn't considered a insult, though, AFAIK.

BTW....I'm not "civilized". Lol. A couple of other folk here are.

Cobell settlement money is nice. If a government does not want to get sued ( or Siouxed) it should keep its paws out of native lease accounts. Lol.)

Edited by LeftCoastMom