Rate this topic

It is Wajib for a man and a woman to recite Surah al-Hamd and the other Surah silently while offering Zuhr and Asr prayers.

Inaudible recitation is obligatory in Al-Hamd and the Tasbeehaat Al-Arba' in the third and fourth Raka'ah in prayer. Rather, even in بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيم according to obligatory precaution.

My question is every time I recite recite Surah al-Hamd, the other Surah and Tasbeehat Al-Arba loudly while offering Zuhr and Asr prayers do I have to do sajdah sahv?

Sajdah al-Sahw (Sajdah Sahv) is wajib for certain mistakes in the prayer:

Sajdah al-Sahw

Sajdah al-sahw is wajib when:-
1. One has talked by mistake in prayer; or
2. Has left one sajdah by mistake; or
3. Has forgotten tashahhud by mistake; or
4. Has recited salaam by mistake at a wrong place; or
5. Has added or omitted by mistake any such thing which is not rukn; or
6. In the 4-rak’at prayer has doubt after the second sajdah whether it was the fourth or the fifth rak’at.

https://www.al-islam.org/elements-islamic-studies-allamah-saeed-akhtar-rizvi/lesson-43-prayer-ihtiyat-and-sajdah-al-sahw#sajdah-al-sahw

1 hour ago, Hameedeh said:

Sajdah al-Sahw (Sajdah Sahv) is wajib for certain mistakes in the prayer:

Sajdah al-Sahw

Sajdah al-sahw is wajib when:-
1. One has talked by mistake in prayer; or
2. Has left one sajdah by mistake; or
3. Has forgotten tashahhud by mistake; or
4. Has recited salaam by mistake at a wrong place; or
5. Has added or omitted by mistake any such thing which is not rukn; or
6. In the 4-rak’at prayer has doubt after the second sajdah whether it was the fourth or the fifth rak’at.

https://www.al-islam.org/elements-islamic-studies-allamah-saeed-akhtar-rizvi/lesson-43-prayer-ihtiyat-and-sajdah-al-sahw#sajdah-al-sahw

Since talking loudly is not listed does that mean that I am exempted from performing sajdah sahv? Also, if I said Sami Allahu liman hamidah after Sujood would I need to perform Sajdah Sehv? 

Edited by Shogun

If I recite Sami'a Allah lamin hamda 4 times in prayer except Sami'a Allahu lamin hamda does that mean I have to perform 4 Sajdah Sahv?

If I recite Subhanallah Walhamdulilah Wala ilaha illallah Allah Akbar (tasbihat arba'ah) 6 times except Subhanallah Walhamdulilah Wala ilaha illallah Wallahu Akbar do I have to perform 6 Sajdah Sahv?

Thank You 

@Shogun [Mod Note: Another topic about Sajdah Sahv was merged with your original topic about Sajdah Sahv. Please do not create a new topic for every question about this.]

Edited by Hameedeh
To add the Mod Note.

Do excessive doubters have to perform sajdah sahv?

Do excessive doubters have to perform sajdah sahv, and salatul ihtiyat?

8 hours ago, Shogun said:

Do excessive doubters have to perform sajdah sahv?

Do excessive doubters have to perform sajdah sahv, and salatul ihtiyat?

No, they must ignore their doubts; i.e. they must take whatever side they wish.

19 hours ago, mesbah said:

No, they must ignore their doubts; i.e. they must take whatever side they wish.

But if they are sure that they made a mistake they are obligated to perform either sajdah sahv, or salatul ihtiyat?

Thank You

1 hour ago, Shogun said:

But if they are sure that they made a mistake they are obligated to perform either sajdah sahv, or salatul ihtiyat?

Thank You

If they are sure about the specific mistake, like he knows he has suddenly said 'no mam!' within his prayer, he must perform sajda sahw; or he is sure he has recited 'basmillah' instead of 'bismillah' and he is still standing, he must go back and correct it.

There are some people who are even more obsessed with their actions and easily become sure about mistakes in their actions (when there's no basis for such certainty) this is called waswasi and it is different than kathir al shakk (the pervious case)

A waswasi must ignore these cases of certainty (rapid and multiple times and only about mistakes)

15 hours ago, mesbah said:

or he is sure he has recited 'basmillah' instead of 'bismillah' and he is still standing, he must go back and correct it.

When he goes back and corrects his mistake would he have to perform Sajda Sahw? And even if he did not correct his mistake would he have to perform Sajda Sahw or is he not obligated because the mistake is due to mispronunciation?

Thank You

Edited by Shogun

1. When you are prostrating for the two Sajdah in Sajda Sahw do you say subhana rabbi al ala and then Bismillahi wa Billah, Assalamu Alaika Ayyuhan Nabiyu, wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh or just Bismillahi wa Billah, Assalamu Alaika Ayyuhan Nabiyu, wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh?

2. In Sajdah Sahv while you are prostrating except Bismillahi wa Billah, Assalamu Alaika Ayyuhan Nabiyu, wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh can you say Allahumma salli ala muhammadin wa ali muhammad?

3. How many times do you say Bismillahi wa Billah, Assalamu Alaika Ayyuhan Nabiyu, wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh in Sajdah Sahw?

Edited by Shogun

On 10/20/2017 at 9:08 AM, Shogun said:

When he goes back and corrects his mistake would he have to perform Sajda Sahw?

No, correction is enough.

On 10/20/2017 at 9:08 AM, Shogun said:

And even if he did not correct his mistake would he have to perform Sajda Sahw or is he not obligated because the mistake is due to mispronunciation?

If he'd been aware that his pronunciation might be problematic and while he was in that state, he ignored this intentionally, then his prayer is problematic and even Sajda Sahw can't fix it. like if I have already said Bismillah and then immediately I doubt whether I said it correctly or not, if I intentionally avoid to correct it, my prayer is invalid.

But If I did not know it at that time, and later (after the prayer, or in other raka of the same prayer) learned about it, my prayer is valid and there's no need for sajda sahw

Edited by mesbah