Natsu

WHY DID THE MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS REJECT ALI

Rate this topic

On 2017-10-16 at 1:51 PM, Natsu said:

SALAM 

i want to know why did the majority of the muslims didnt accept ali as their leader when prophet mohammaed (p.b.u.h)said “who follows me,follows ali”

''Muslims'' Have you read the history and read about whom where the chalipas in the time of Imam Ali? Have you heard how they practise Islam, and how they killed Imam Hussein (as)? You know that Yazid killed Imam Hussein (as) in the name of Islam, and he was chalip of Islam? That is kind of not suitable in my opinion. That isn't Islam, that is pure rage!

On 10/16/2017 at 6:51 AM, Natsu said:

SALAM 

i want to know why did the majority of the muslims didnt accept ali as their leader when prophet mohammaed (p.b.u.h)said “who follows me,follows ali”

Fear and greed.

Some feared the party that usurped power. Others were bought by the usurpers.

3 hours ago, Hamodiii said:

''Muslims'' Have you read the history and read about whom where the chalipas in the time of Imam Ali? Have you heard how they practise Islam, and how they killed Imam Hussein (as)? You know that Yazid killed Imam Hussein (as) in the name of Islam, and he was chalip of Islam? That is kind of not suitable in my opinion. That isn't Islam, that is pure rage!

The biggest fraud of History has been to bring name of Yazeed and curse him and finish the matter.  Imam Hussain  was not against Yazeed doing bad things , having alcohol  etc . Imam Hussain was against the system that Muawiyah started. 

You need to look at 20 years rule of Muawiyah and the changes he brought . Yazeed was absolutely nothing in front of what Muawiyah did.  When people wrote letters against Muawiyah to Imam Hussain , and Muawiyah through his spies heard that. He wrote to Hussain that do not create any fitna and stick with treaty your brother made. Imam replied that what can be greater fitna than a person like you ruling. Imam continued,  that the things you are doing makes jihad against you obligatory , and I do not know how I will answer in front of Allah that I am not fighting you. Only the last clause of the treaty is left , lets see what you do ( he was reffering to the fact that Muawiyah should not make anyone heir ) , but Muawiyah broke even that, and forcefully made his son the king , through sword and bribe. 

3 hours ago, Russel Ahmed said:

From sunni point of view no honest Sunni Muslim does not follow Ali RA. Love for Ahle Bayat is a Must for a Muslim .

One has to love Ahlul Bayth (A.S) by following them, doing lip service is of no use. 

Maybe a desire for some to manipulate Islam with Arab tribalism and customs? Imam Ali (as) certainly was concerned with this when Uthman was elected as Caliph. 

Ali (as) said, "I follow the Book of Allah, the traditions of the Holy Prophet and my own beliefs."

On 10/16/2017 at 4:51 PM, Natsu said:

SALAM 

Recite Sura-e-Muhammad (Chapter 47 of Quran).

وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ اسْجُدُوا لِآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوا إِلَّا إِبْلِيسَ أَبَىٰ وَاسْتَكْبَرَ وَكَانَ مِنَ الْكَافِرِينَ {34}

[Pickthal 2:34] And when We said unto the angels: Prostrate yourselves before Adam, they fell prostrate, all save Iblis. He demurred through pride, and so became a disbeliever.

16 hours ago, SIAR14 said:

One has to love Ahlul Bayth (A.S) by following them, doing lip service is of no use. 

Define follow. I am certain that modern-day Shias do not follow Ahlul-Bayt (as). We primarily follow our forefathers. Ahlul Bayt spent all their time doing dhikr of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. We spend most of our times doing dhikr of Ahlul Bayt (as). So in reality we Shias are ones who are doing "lip service" rather than truly following Ahlul Bayt.

13 hours ago, 786:) said:

Define follow.

Brother following means,

1. Purifying yourself internally and externally.

2.True shia  Ahlul Bayth (A.S) should know what is halal and haram. 

3. He/she should perform his/her wajibat. knowledge of Ahlul Bayth (A.S), understanding of Quran and 51 rakat Prayers should be his/her priority.

4. Observe the characteristic of hypocrites, enemies of Ahlul Bayth (A.S) and honestly evaluate,are you playing role of enemies or followers. What Characteristics you have in you.

5. Shia should be man of wisdom,man of action. Shia has to like what Ahlul Bayth (A.S) likes, say what THEY (A.S) told us to say and do what THEY (A.S) told us to do.

6. He/she should be aware of his responsibility towards his parents, siblings, friends, neighbor and relatives

7. Know himself to know Allah. Know Imam e Zamana (A.S) to know his responsibilities being a Momin in this time period. 

These are the few things I can point out, what following means :-). May be there are more.

Edited by SIAR14

15 hours ago, 786:) said:

Ahlul Bayt spent all their time doing dhikr of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. We spend most of our times doing dhikr of Ahlul Bayt (as). So in reality we Shias are ones who are doing "lip service" rather than truly following Ahlul Bayt.

:bismillah:

Perhaps you have missed these verses of Quran:

فَاذْكُرُونِي أَذْكُرْكُمْ وَاشْكُرُواْ لِي وَلاَ تَكْفُرُونِ

لَقَدْ أَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكُمْ كِتَابًا فِيهِ ذِكْرُكُمْ أَفَلَا تَعْقِلُونَ

وَمَا رَمَيْتَ إِذْ رَمَيْتَ وَلَـكِنَّ اللّهَ رَمَى

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يُبَايِعُونَكَ إِنَّمَا يُبَايِعُونَ اللَّهَ يَدُ اللَّهِ فَوْقَ أَيْدِيهِمْ

And there are many many more verses. Dhikr of Ahlul Bayt is a problems for you! Allah has mentioned them in Quran. Without doing the dhikr of Ahlul Bayt (asws), what do you think, will Allah accepts the salah? 

صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنعَمتَ عَلَيهِمْ غَيرِ المَغضُوبِ عَلَيهِمْ وَلاَ الضَّالِّينَ

2 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

:bismillah:

Perhaps you have missed these verses of Quran:

فَاذْكُرُونِي أَذْكُرْكُمْ وَاشْكُرُواْ لِي وَلاَ تَكْفُرُونِ

لَقَدْ أَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكُمْ كِتَابًا فِيهِ ذِكْرُكُمْ أَفَلَا تَعْقِلُونَ

وَمَا رَمَيْتَ إِذْ رَمَيْتَ وَلَـكِنَّ اللّهَ رَمَى

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يُبَايِعُونَكَ إِنَّمَا يُبَايِعُونَ اللَّهَ يَدُ اللَّهِ فَوْقَ أَيْدِيهِمْ

And there are many many more verses. Dhikr of Ahlul Bayt is a problems for you! Allah has mentioned them in Quran. Without doing the dhikr of Ahlul Bayt (asws), what do you think, will Allah accepts the salah? 

صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنعَمتَ عَلَيهِمْ غَيرِ المَغضُوبِ عَلَيهِمْ وَلاَ الضَّالِّينَ

It is certainly of no issue for me. I hold Ahlul Bayt (as) at the utmost respect. However, I do find it problematic when we have turned the deen into human-centricity rather than god-centricity. You may not like what I have to say, but I speak without bias and with objectivity. Also, it appears to me that you jumped the gun and assumed I am a Salafi/Nasibi. I am certainly not, but I do think we as Shias get carried away in the polemics and drift away from the core tenant of Islam: Tawheed. This was the main message from day 1 of Rasoolallah's (saw) nabuwah, and it is certainly going to be the main message from Al-Mahdi's (as) return.

24 minutes ago, 786:) said:

However, I do find it problematic when we have turned the deen into human-centricity rather than god-centricity.

Those humans are not elected representatives of humans. They are the choosen ones, Auliya Allah, Authorized representatives of Allah (s.w.t), the guided ones. Peace & blessings of Allah be upon them.

28 minutes ago, 786:) said:

I am certainly not, but I do think we as Shias get carried away in the polemics and drift away from the core tenant of Islam: Tawheed.

I know what is with you. I had some discussions with where you're coming from. 

You dont need to teach touheed to those who are the followers of Ahlul Bayt (asws).

Just now, Salsabeel said:

Those humans are not elected representatives of humans. They are the choosen ones, Auliya Allah, Authorized representatives of Allah (s.w.t), the guided ones. Peace & blessings of Allah be upon them.

I know what is with you. I had some discussions with where you're coming from. 

You dont need to teach touheed to those who are the followers of Ahlul Bayt (asws).

Yeah you're absolutely right. We dont need to teach Tawheed to the followers of Ahlul Bayt (as). They have it down to the dot. You know like Rasoolallah (saw) and Imam Ali (as) created the world. LOL

1 minute ago, 786:) said:

You know like Rasoolallah (saw) and Imam Ali (as) created the world. LOL

I am sorry, your reforms are punctured. You are in the sight & there is no secret.

Again first attemp by OP followed by the effort to sell the reforms.

Just now, Salsabeel said:

I am sorry, your reforms are punctured. You are in the sight & there is no secret.

Again first attemp by OP followed by the effort to sell the reforms.

That is awesome news.

I do find it cheap and petty of you of just dismissing me because I do label myself a reformist. If you were genuine, you would at least listen to what I have to say instead of just trying to belittle me because I do not hold on to the mainstream system like you do. But of course, there are more of you than there are of me so it is an uphill battle. So go ahead and ban me since that is what you "have in sight".

وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ اسْجُدُوا لِآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوا إِلَّا إِبْلِيسَ أَبَىٰ وَاسْتَكْبَرَ وَكَانَ مِنَ الْكَافِرِينَ {34}

[Pickthal 2:34] And when We said unto the angels: Prostrate yourselves before Adam, they fell prostrate, all save Iblis. He demurred through pride, and so became a disbeliever.

1 hour ago, 786:) said:

But of course, there are more of you than there are of me so it is an uphill battle

Thank you for accepting that there are some from you here on shiachat. We know them & we will continue to know all in future In-sha Allah. 

The love of Ahlul Bayt (asws) produces furqan within ourselves. Noorun ala Noor

Surah As-Saff, Verse 8:
يُرِيدُونَ لِيُطْفِئُوا نُورَ اللَّهِ بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ وَاللَّهُ مُتِمُّ نُورِهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ

They desire to put out the light of Allah with their mouths but Allah will perfect His light, though the unbelievers may be averse.
(English - Shakir)

Surah As-Saff, Verse 9:
هُوَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلَ رَسُولَهُ بِالْهُدَىٰ وَدِينِ الْحَقِّ لِيُظْهِرَهُ عَلَى الدِّينِ كُلِّهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْمُشْرِكُونَ

He it is Who sent His Apostle with the guidance and the true religion, that He may make it overcome the religions, all of them, though the polytheists may be averse.
(English - Shakir)

On 07/02/2018 at 4:44 AM, Russel Ahmed said:

The biggest fraud of History has been to bring name of Yazeed and curse him and finish the matter.  Imam Hussain  was not against Yazeed doing bad things , having alcohol  etc . Imam Hussain was against the system that Muawiyah started. 

You need to look at 20 years rule of Muawiyah and the changes he brought . Yazeed was absolutely nothing in front of what Muawiyah did.  When people wrote letters against Muawiyah to Imam Hussain , and Muawiyah through his spies heard that. He wrote to Hussain that do not create any fitna and stick with treaty your brother made. Imam replied that what can be greater fitna than a person like you ruling. Imam continued,  that the things you are doing makes jihad against you obligatory , and I do not know how I will answer in front of Allah that I am not fighting you. Only the last clause of the treaty is left , lets see what you do ( he was reffering to the fact that Muawiyah should not make anyone heir ) , but Muawiyah broke even that, and forcefully made his son the king , through sword and bribe. 

:salam:

That's a whole new opinion here. 

First of all, it must be noticed that no one elects the Prophets as well as their successors, except for God; because, successorship and caliphate of the Prophet is a divine position. That is why, the Prophet of Islam introduced Ali (A) as the master and leader of Muslims, on the day of Ghadir, saying that “of whomsoever I am a master, Ali is his master, and of whomsoever I am a guardian, Ali is his guardian.” [1]

There are reports according to which the people knew the reality, but again, they ignored Ali’s leadership due to some Ethno-political issues. For instance, when “Khulah Hanafi”, a Lady from among the Bani Hanifah tribe, saw Ali (A), she said: You are the one whom the Apostle of Allah chose at Ghadir Khum, as a leader and master of people. He said: Yes, I am that very person. The Lady continued: We were enraged because of you, and on account of our protest against the first Caliph, we were attacked... [2]

Based on the aforementioned points it can be concluded that the denial of Ali’s Caliphate was, to some extends, similar to the story of Aron and Mosses as the Prophet Mohammad (P) said that “Ali (A) is to me as Aaron was to Moses, except that there will be no Prophet after me.” [3] Whereas the nation of Mosses knew the position of Aron they rejected him following others. Same is the case with some of the followers of the last Prophet Muhammad (P).

Notes: 
 [1] See: Al-Khesal, vol. 2, p. 44. 
 [2] See: Ithbat al-Hudat, vol. 2, p. 42.
 [3] Al-Khesal, vol. 2, p. 44.