Wholehearted Shi'a

How do i convert to Islam? Who can help me?

Rate this question

Question

As Salam Aleykum

Hello everyone I am an Australian Christian who two years ago wanted to learn more about Islam because of the climate of terrorism which unfortunately we have a problem with still today. I have read the Qur'an and as I read more of it I believed it to be the words of god. I researched the prophet's life, his teachings and courage all inspired me to believe that his characteristics were that of a true prophet. When I met some Sunni Muslims and asked about Ali and Karbala a event that frequently popped in my research. I was told Shi'a were pagans that believed Ali was a god which these people were my friends so initially I believed them until I researched myself. I found an Islam after the prophet's death that had already strayed off the path of islam. The Arab elites quickly established themselves on top, contradicting the Qur'an with racism and greed. I saw a man named Ali who fought this until he was assassinated and his sons Hussain, Hassan and Abbas had continued to do the same which led me to conclude that Ali and Ahlulbayt were the true successors to the prophet. 

Now that you know my story I would like to know what steps an individual has to take to convert and  confirm his belief in Islam.

Thanks you for reading my story, I look forward to your answers. 

33 answers to this question

Famous people that converting to Shia Islam(Laurn booth sister in-law of Tony Blair & Sean stone the son of Oliver stone)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkXSAi7Ykn8

http://www.laurenbooth.org/

On 10/15/2017 at 11:04 PM, Wholehearted Shi'a said:

When I met some Sunni Muslims and asked about Ali and Karbala a event that frequently popped in my research. I was told Shi'a were pagans that believed Ali was a god which these people were my friends so initially I believed them until I researched myself.

I am sorry to hear you had such bad experience with a Sunni. I don't believe Shia brothers are pagans. Yes you'll find many bad so called Muslim on your journey. I advise you to stay away from politics, personality cults and to focus on the message of Islam. Don't focus on Muslim behavior. Read Qur'an as much as you can and relax. Remember the Niyah is very important. Also focus on Adab and Akhlaq. Remember always that you are only accountable for yourself and your deeds, not others.

31 minutes ago, Wholehearted Shi'a said:

[Update #2] 

After reading two books provided by the local Shi'a community discussing the principles of the Islamic faith furthering my understanding of Shi'a Islam, I will soon begin learning how to perform the five compulsory daily prayers starting with Fajr. I will begin a steady process of making these prayers apart of daily routine inshallah. 

Great news indeed! Allah bless you.

hi i recommend you that at beginig for doing pryers tke it easy just start from main prayers Fajr,Dhohr,Asr,Maghrib,Isha

if you want the part2 of Anecdotes of Pious Men by Mutahhari  you can find it on Itunes Store

and

Treatise On Rights (Risalat al-Huquq)

AUTHOR(S): 

Then I was Guided

An autobiographical account of Sayed Tijani's search for knowledge, which aims to remove some of the barriers that exist between the schools of thought of the ahl-as-Sunnah and the shi'a by clearing misconceptions about Shi'ism.

Peshawar Nights
Transcript of dialogues between Sunni scholars and Shi'i author, about major topics relating to Shi'ism including the death of the Prophet (s), successorship, companions, infallibility, Muta' (temporary marriage), and the family of the Prophet.

44 minutes ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Watch out brother. Wikipedia contains many mistakes and lies !

ShiaChat has a pinned topic in Jurisprudence with information on Grand Ayatullahs and their websites:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/71812-grand-ayatullahs/

Another source when doing research to find a marja is this Shia website:

http://www.islamic-laws.com/ulamaa.htm

On 11/5/2017 at 1:42 PM, Sirius_Bright said:

You better don't tell him what to believe and what not to. He'll search and embrace the truth like he did when he first converted to Islam. This is forcing beliefs down someone's throat and there is no compulsion in religion.

Haha!! Muqallid in disguise.

Don't you know of a term very often used in Islam - "Enjoining good and Forbidding Evil".

I will always advice any brother of mine to stay away from heretics and now AlhumdoLillah his propic says it all :D

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.