Hugo Boss

Why do we carve Imam Hussayn's name in our turba?

Rate this topic

41 minutes ago, Hugo Boss said:

So I have been wondering, why carve the name of Hussayn A.S and not just Allah SWT?

There is no reason that a Sunni cannot make a clay tablet (turba) for prayer, because praying with your forehead on earth is a Sunnah of the Holy Prophet SA. If a Shia company makes a turba with text or a design such as a shrine's dome, etc., then Shias would know the turba is a Shia mohr.

15 minutes ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

There is no reason that a Sunni cannot make a clay tablet (turba) for prayer, because praying with your forehead on earth is a Sunnah of the Holy Prophet SA. If a Shia company makes a turba with text or a design such as a shrine's dome, etc., then Shias would know the turba is a Shia mohr.

I dont get it Dx

32 minutes ago, Hugo Boss said:

I dont get it Dx

If you had the choice of buying two pieces of turba (clay tablet for praying) would you want the one that was made by a Shia company and had a sprinkling of the dust of Karbala embedded in it OR would you want the one made by a Sunni business that was just a regular clay tablet? 

1 minute ago, Hameedeh said:

If you had the choice of buying two pieces of turba (clay tablet for praying) would you want the one that was made by a Shia company and had a sprinking of the dust of Karbala embedded in it OR would you want the one made by a Sunni business that was just a regular clay tablet? 

Of course the Shia from Karbala, but the thing is, WHY do we carve his name? I have a turba from Karbala and the name of Allah SWT is carved on it.

9 minutes ago, Hugo Boss said:

WHY do we carve his name? I have a turba from Karbala and the name of Allah SWT is carved on it.

Because people love Imam Hussein AS then his name is important to them. If your turba says Allah on it, then you can feel good about praying with it. If someone gives you a turba with the name of Imam Hussein AS on it, you can turn it over and put your forehead on the plain side.  

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
spelling

Simply to distinguish the ones made of Karbala soil from the rest.

(It's like 'made in ...' mark on any product)

However, salafi wahabbis love to take it as 'Majusi Shia worship Husayn!!' Wohohoho!

3 hours ago, mesbah said:

Simply to distinguish the ones made of Karbala soil from the rest.

(It's like 'made in ...' mark on any product)

However, salafi wahabbis love to take it as 'Majusi Shia worship Husayn!!' Wohohoho!

So that means it's not shirkh

58 minutes ago, Hugo Boss said:

So that means it's not shirkh

Cant say if its shirk or not , once this point came to my mind also and asked our imam masjid regarding this. 

He told me that i was right in my concern and one should not make sajood on names and picture(mosques) as a precaution. If only one such turba is available for salah then one should flip it over and do sajood at plain side.

This is shirk or not. Wala Alim

YA QAEM A.S ALAJL

19 minutes ago, Messam RAza said:

Cant say if its shirk or not

Shirk is the sin of practicing idolatry or polytheism, to have belief that Allah has a partner, naoozibillah. Praying with a turba is not shirk but a sunnah of the Holy Prophet

If you don't like Imam Hussein AS name on your turbah, give it to someone else. If you have doubt about Allah's name on your turbah, give it to someone else. 

On 5/15/2015 at 11:04 AM, alirex said:

سوال: تصویر اور لکھی ہوئی سجدہ گاہ پر سجدہ کرنے کا کیا حکم ہے؟

جواب: کوئی حرج نہیں ہے۔

Translation ( Sorry my english is not good but will try )

Question : What is ruling for a Turbah having Picture or text ?
Answer : There is no problem in it.

it is not an issue of deviancy, it is simple remembrance. Those near it, will have a stronger bond then those away from it. If you do not remember something it becomes forgotten. History and the personalities have to be mentioned and remembered or it gets replaced with other role models, like pepper pig. All nations conduct historical remembrance, never forget that, it is notjust a shia issue.

On 10/16/2017 at 2:44 AM, Anonymous said:

Shirk is the sin of practicing idolatry or polytheism, to have belief that Allah has a partner, naoozibillah. Praying with a turba is not shirk but a sunnah of the Holy Prophet

Turbah is sunah. Ok. but question is not about tubah, its about names and pictures on it. 

As per my definition of shirk, is its not shirk. Same like saying Ya Ali A.S madad or going to mazars or asking directly to a pious person Aema Tahreen A.S , for instance, to make dua for you.

But as per some sects it is. Some go as far as saying that  even hoping for someone else's help except Allah is shirk. So as per some school of thoughts it is shirk.

2 hours ago, Messam RAza said:

Turbah is sunah. Ok. but question is not about tubah, its about names and pictures on it. 

See two posts above your reply, the question was asked of Ayatullah Sistani on his Urdu site, and he said that using a turbah with a picture or text on it was not a problem:

On 5/15/2015 at 11:04 AM, alirex said:

Question : What is ruling for a Turbah having Picture or text ?

Answer : There is no problem in it.

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 3:17 AM, Hugo Boss said:

So I have been wondering, why carve the name of Hussayn A.S and not just Allah SWT?

They manufacturer of Turbah do. It  is  nither mandatory nor needed. Just make it attractive .

Edited by islam25

On 10/16/2017 at 2:22 AM, Messam RAza said:

Cant say if its shirk or not , once this point came to my mind also and asked our imam masjid regarding this. 

He told me that i was right in my concern and one should not make sajood on names and picture(mosques) as a precaution. If only one such turba is available for salah then one should flip it over and do sajood at plain side.

This is shirk or not. Wala Alim

YA QAEM A.S ALAJL

hey does this masjid imam have a number of facebook? i would like to contact him.

13 hours ago, sidnaq said:

hey does this masjid imam have a number of facebook? i would like to contact him.

Nope. he is Imam masjid of our local mosque near house, a former student of "Jamia Tul Munazir" . 

__________________________________________________________________________________

YA QAEM A.S ALAJAL

21 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

This link has no such information. There are four questions and none of these include any information regarding picture/name on turbah. 

I tried searching around website but could not find any info. If there is any specific link  please share.

YA QAEM A.S ALAJAL

12 hours ago, Messam RAza said:

This link has no such information. There are four questions and none of these include any information regarding picture/name on turbah. 

@Messam RAza The brother's posting of the Q & A to Ayatullah Sistani HA was from two years ago, so the link to the Urdu site must have been changed. Sorry. Since I don't know Urdu I cannot search the site for you. I'm sure the member was not making up a reply by Ayatullah Sistani. He is a reputable member. 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235030148-writing-the-names-of-imams-as-on-turbah/?do=findComment&comment=2802209

سبحان الله

Verily,

The Heavens were shaken upon the Martyrdom,

Of Imam Husayn,

Peace be upon him.