sidnaq

How to develop creative thinking?

19 minutes ago, notme said:

Read a lot. Think a lot. Be fearless. Come up with ideas without worrying about whether they are right or wrong.

Definitely! And by reading, allow yourself to grab ideas from novels,comics, and honestly, even RECIPE books lol. Movies, ambientations, sensations, whatever helps. Make sure, though, not to get blocked in the "nutrition" phase. Allow yourself a couple of hours to merge your ideas and sources of inspirstions, to mix stories, and then discuss it with family and friends. You should be able to reach great ideas this way!

With the script of a story I was writing. I kept on getting references for two complete weeks lol. Then I sat, combined them in multiple ways until I was hapoy with my idea. Discussed it with mom and reshaped it :P

1 hour ago, sidnaq said:

can you share an example of following this you came up wth an idea? what type of idea?

My specialty is solving problems. I'm very good at making things work without adequate resources. Necessity is the mother of invention. If you have everything and things are easy for you, there's not any need for creativity. 

For example: manual windshield wipers. Couldn't afford the part to fix them properly. 

De Bono is a pseudo-intellectual.

For example: "we" stopped with the 'Greek Gang of 3". :hahaha:  One of the drivers of the Renaissance was the failures of Aristotle's 'science'; and de Bono doesn't account for the Enlightenment either.

Now, hee ... hee ... hee ...

9 hours ago, notme said:

Read a lot. Think a lot. Be fearless. Come up with ideas without worrying about whether they are right or wrong.

Where is a defined system or a logic in this? Therefore engineer-uhty notme, 'go directly to Dismalia, do not pass Go, do not collect Social Security'  :bye:

8 hours ago, Bakir said:

Definitely! And by reading, allow yourself to grab ideas from novels,comics, and honestly, even RECIPE books lol. Movies, ambientations, sensations, whatever helps. Make sure, though, not to get blocked in the "nutrition" phase. Allow yourself a couple of hours to merge your ideas and sources of inspirstions, to mix stories, and then discuss it with family and friends. You should be able to reach great ideas this way!

"...allow ... make sure ... allow-to merge ... "   This reads like a veneer of self-control over your euphoria. 

5 hours ago, kirtc said:

by being brave and original and not copying anyone.. inspiration is from God, not you

Define 'brave'. Define 'original'. What constitutes a 'copy'? How is 'inspiration' recognized?

BUT, @kirtc did get Ayats 1-5 of Sura 96 correct.  :clap:  :NH:

l'II post my comment on the OP Question in a moment.

l think "creative" is a post-accomplishment subjective declaration. Not something determinable in the present or future tenses.

The Latin crere [if l got tis correct] means to "make out of nothing". So unless you have some divine attributes, 0 + 0 = N x 0 = nothing , always.

From scanning a list of synonyms for make,  for the  "creative process" to occur, any creative action is dominated by the verb 'assemble'.

And any assembly requires planning at some level. Requiring a system-plan or a logic-plan.