Jump to content
Christianity

Why should I believe in Muhammad over others?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Many people have claimed some kind of divine revelation throughout history, so in that respect Muhammad is no unique. I want to know your reasons for choosing Islam over any other religion, and why I should chose it. Why should we believe in Muhammad over Zoroaster, or Buddha, or Mani, or Joseph Smith, or Ellen G. White? How is Muhammad superior to these other "prophets"? How did he prove himself? What makes him unique? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear brother @Christianity

I could (we could) answer this question of yours in so many ways that I’m afraid we may overwhelm you with the variety and the depth of the dimensions in which we could describe the prophethood of Muhammad.

But here’s the starter. 

As Salam <Peace be Onto You>, 

This is how we address each other, every day, multiple times of the day, to known and strangers alike. Just this greeting, a prayer, a message (I come in peace), a wish, that is addressed towards the person we interact with, before we even start a conversation, is so extremely sublime in itself. A true manifestation of God’s love for His creation transcending between two humans even though they may not know anything about eachother. Tell me, have you ever found more profoundly sublime and prevalent greeting from one human to another, anywhere else in the world?

When one looks at Islam objectively, one finds not one, two, or thousands, but literally every action that Islam prescribes, to be so intertwined with nature that one gets compelled to subscribe to the religion of God as transmitted through the holy persona of Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be Upon Him). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Know that Allah, the Mighty and Majestic, created creation and placed intellect in them as a proof for or against them. He placed it in them and demonstrated it in them by means of the effects of His creation and what He created. However, it was not possible for Him to demonstrate to them His desire to command or prohibit them by this. This is because this demonstration is not amongst His attributes. Therefore, creation is in need of a means of demonstrating to them what Allah desires from them.  This is why Allah makes it known that it is a proof for creation. This is so that it makes it necessary to convey to them and establish rulings upon them. This was by means of sending the prophets as a proof to them. If He had not sent the prophets, creation would have a proof against Him. It is as Allah, the Blessed and Exalted, says—in a way to repudiate the repudiators and to respond to the critics: {…so that men will not have an argument against Allah after the Messengers…} (Q. 4:165). Also, so that they may not say: {“…There has not come to us a bringer of good news or a bringer of warning!”} (Q. 5:19). Therefore, Allah sent His Messengers as a proof against His creation. They were to teach His creation what they needed, and it was necessary that they be from amongst them. This should be sufficient for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

Know that Allah, the Mighty and Majestic, created creation and placed intellect in them as a proof for or against them. He placed it in them and demonstrated it in them by means of the effects of His creation and what He created. However, it was not possible for Him to demonstrate to them His desire to command or prohibit them by this. This is because this demonstration is not amongst His attributes. Therefore, creation is in need of a means of demonstrating to them what Allah desires from them.  This is why Allah makes it known that it is a proof for creation. This is so that it makes it necessary to convey to them and establish rulings upon them. This was by means of sending the prophets as a proof to them. If He had not sent the prophets, creation would have a proof against Him. It is as Allah, the Blessed and Exalted, says—in a way to repudiate the repudiators and to respond to the critics: {…so that men will not have an argument against Allah after the Messengers…} (Q. 4:165). Also, so that they may not say: {“…There has not come to us a bringer of good news or a bringer of warning!”} (Q. 5:19). Therefore, Allah sent His Messengers as a proof against His creation. They were to teach His creation what they needed, and it was necessary that they be from amongst them. This should be sufficient for you.

Fair response, but I am not asking about the proof of God, as God can be proved in many ways. My question is about the proof of religion and its prophets, that being in this case, Muhammad and Islam. So many others have come claiming revelation, many times they contradict each other, so which one should we believe? What did Muhammad do to show he was a true prophet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Irfani313 said:

Dear brother @Christianity

I could (we could) answer this question of yours in so many ways that I’m afraid we may overwhelm you with the variety and the depth of the dimensions in which we could describe the prophethood of Muhammad.

But here’s the starter. 

As Salam <Peace be Onto You>, 

This is how we address each other, every day, multiple times of the day, to known and strangers alike. Just this greeting, a prayer, a message (I come in peace), a wish, that is addressed towards the person we interact with, before we even start a conversation, is so extremely sublime in itself. A true manifestation of God’s love for His creation transcending between two humans even though they may not know anything about eachother. Tell me, have you ever found more profoundly sublime and prevalent greeting from one human to another, anywhere else in the world?

When one looks at Islam objectively, one finds not one, two, or thousands, but literally every action that Islam prescribes, to be so intertwined with nature that one gets compelled to subscribe to the religion of God as transmitted through the holy persona of Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be Upon Him). 

 

Paul's salutation normally started with, "Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ"

Much along the same lines. Too bad it didn't stick in Christianity the same way it does in Islam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Christianity said:

Why should we believe in Muhammad over Zoroaster, or Buddha, or Mani, or Joseph Smith, or Ellen G. White? How is Muhammad superior to these other "prophets"? How did he prove himself? What makes him unique? 

Valid question. The one thing that  separates Muhammad S.A.W from others is Quran. For me many answers are in that book, How many things regarding earth, biology, structure of universe and much more are explained that are being verified in this modern science era,


The answer to  existence of GOD and Muhammad S.A.W being His true prophet are both in Quran.
Now while most of mentioned personalities preach peace and harmony none has produced a book like Quran.
I once heard an Ayatollah (Title awarded after many years, to a highly educated and reputed religious scholar)

--Previous Prophets had miracles, reincarnating dead,flying thrones, Fires unable to burnt and so on, stick of Moses A.S .. Have you ever wondered what is miracle provided to Muhammad S.A.W ? The answer is Quran. Its the miracle provided to Muhammad S.A.W. You may think that  a book is  less of a miracle than splitting sea  in two and bringing dead to life but that's where you are wrong, read it, try and understand it and you will see--

______________________________________________________________________________

YA QAEM A.S ALAJAL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Christianity said:

Many people have claimed some kind of divine revelation throughout history, so in that respect Muhammad is no unique. I want to know your reasons for choosing Islam over any other religion, and why I should chose it. Why should we believe in Muhammad over Zoroaster, or Buddha, or Mani, or Joseph Smith, or Ellen G. White? How is Muhammad superior to these other "prophets"? How did he prove himself? What makes him unique? 

There are many things, which proved that he is rightful owner of his claim. these are:

1. He was accepted by his enemies that he is honest and truthful to the extent that if he says that he says that a army is coming to overwhelm the people which other cannot see, the people would believe him. He retained the epithet of Ameen and Sadiq for his such character. Ameen means trustworthy and Sadiq means Truthful. He obtained such epithets among the disbelievers. 

2. He mentioned through revelations various facts which were hidden before the eyes and were proved true in future such as Muslims will offer a Hajj in his life even though Mecca was inhabited by unbelievers. Rome will defeat Persia, the two seas that are separated by thin natural margin that is near South Africa or somewhere in the world, where none traveled when he said such thing. Told that Jesus was not crucified and to prove this there is no grave of Jesus till today.

3. The signs of him in various divine books such as in Torah, it is written that "Lord will appear from mount Sinai, and will come forth from Mount Seir and will come from Mount Paran",,,,,,,,Mount Sinai refers to Moses, Mount Seir refers to Jesus and Mount Paran is near Mecca and from here Prophet Muhammad PBUHHP came. Also there are various signs such as Prophet Jesus a.s was asked by Jews that are you the king that will rule upon us and Prophet Jesus a.s said, I am not that king but Prophet Muhammad PBUHHP really ruled upon Jews in Medina. Still, there are many signs which you can find. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Christianity said:

Fair response, but I am not asking about the proof of God, as God can be proved in many ways. My question is about the proof of religion and its prophets, that being in this case, Muhammad and Islam. So many others have come claiming revelation, many times they contradict each other, so which one should we believe? What did Muhammad do to show he was a true prophet? 

I did gave you proof of religion and the prophets. Trust me. Proof of God would be far longer. Can you proof that Jesus (a.s) was a true prophet? With so many people claiming revelation, why not be a Jew and follow Moses (a.s)? Yet you are a Christian, not a Jew. Why? You also don't seem to follow those other prophets you mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Christianity said:

Many people have claimed some kind of divine revelation throughout history, so in that respect Muhammad is no unique. I want to know your reasons for choosing Islam over any other religion, and why I should chose it. Why should we believe in Muhammad over Zoroaster, or Buddha, or Mani, or Joseph Smith, or Ellen G. White? How is Muhammad superior to these other "prophets"? How did he prove himself? What makes him unique? 

good question. i will give you two answers.

1. the quran is a book from God. and it testifies that muhammad pbuh is a messenger of God, like in surah 48, verse 29.

2. muhammad pbuh made a lot of prophecies, most of which have come true, and none of which have been proven to be wrong. we have a book which mentions all the prophecies made by him pbuh. i dont know if it has been translated in english, but if you understand arabic or urdu by any chance, i can link you to it.

if you have any issue with my premises, such as quran being from God, i would be more than happy to discuss the miraculous nature of the quran and convince you of it if God wills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for asking such a beautiful question. There is a mention of Muhammad in the TORAH and the New Testament. It is so obvious that one can not deny it. So if you ask me why I don't accept other personalities like Buddha. My answer would be I don't reject Buddha. It could be that Buddha might have been a Prophet of the LORD and that applies to Zorastria. But not Joseph Smith as he came after Prophet Muhammad. There is no Prophet after Muhammad according to Islam. If you want to know about Muhammad and the AhlulBayt, you can find them n in the BIBLE. So you as a Christian will surely be interested to see them in the Bible. Peace 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

I did gave you proof of religion and the prophets. Trust me. Proof of God would be far longer. Can you proof that Jesus (a.s) was a true prophet? With so many people claiming revelation, why not be a Jew and follow Moses (a.s)? Yet you are a Christian, not a Jew. Why? You also don't seem to follow those other prophets you mentioned.

I will give you my personal reasoning for following Christianity.

I am a Christian because I believe Jesus proved himself through his resurrection, if Christ had not done this then I would follow no religion because I could never know who is telling the truth or not, not even Christ; but because Christ rose from the dead I know his message to be valid. For me, his resurrection proves Christianity and certain parts of Judaism. Christianity as a religion would not have continued if Christ had not been raised, the apostle would have given up and gone home. But because of their witness of Christ resurrection, they continued the faith. St. Paul says this, "For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.(1 Corinthians 15:16-17).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings!

I respectfully find the evidences that my Muslim brothers (in humanity and in monotheism) have made to be rather unconvincing.

Most focus on the Qur'an. Friends, no book can be a miracle. Think about it. No matter what language the author uses, books are simply collections of words,  chosen carefully and placed in a specific order.

For a human act of any sort to be moraculous, it must be something that no human can possibly do. Good examples would be healing, or controlling the weather, or raising the dead. These are things that humans are NOT able to do. 

Choosing and arranging words is something that virtually ALL humans do every day. There is no limit on humans' ability to choose and arrange words, we can put them in any order.  Some works may be of higher quality, but no text can rightfully be considered a miracle.  Not the Bible, not Shakespeare, not the Qur'an. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, thegoodman81 said:

Choosing and arranging words is something that virtually ALL humans do every day.

سبحان الله

“And if you are in doubt as to that which We have revealed to Our servant, then produce a chapter like it and call on your witnesses besides Allah if you are truthful. But if you do (it) not and never shall you do (it), then be on your guard against the fire of which men and stones are the fuel; it is prepared for the unbelievers.”

Al-Qur’an Al-Kareem,

Surah al-Baqarah,

Verse 23, 24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2017 at 6:45 AM, Christianity said:

Fair response, but I am not asking about the proof of God, as God can be proved in many ways. My question is about the proof of religion and its prophets, that being in this case, Muhammad and Islam. So many others have come claiming revelation, many times they contradict each other, so which one should we believe? What did Muhammad do to show he was a true prophet? 

سبحان الله

May Allah bless Isa and his mother Maryam,

Read this book for your benefit: https://www.al-islam.org/prophethood-and-prophet-islam-ayatullah-ibrahim-amini/evidences-prophethood-muhammad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kazemi said:

سبحان الله

“And if you are in doubt as to that which We have revealed to Our servant, then produce a chapter like it and call on your witnesses besides Allah if you are truthful. But if you do (it) not and never shall you do (it), then be on your guard against the fire of which men and stones are the fuel; it is prepared for the unbelievers.”

Al-Qur’an Al-Kareem,

Surah al-Baqarah,

Verse 23, 24

Kazemi, I know that is the Qur'anic challenge (that nobody can write anything like it). But I'm saying, this is a silly claim. Humans have the power to arrange words anyway they want.  

And the challenge to "produce something like it" is faulty too, because obviously the judge would be a human. Humans all have different perspectives and values, so the judgement would not be objective.  On the other hand, you might find a judge with really low standards  (nothing against this in the verse) who says "yep, that is like the Qur'an." 

It's a silly criterion, my friend. Of course I mean no offense, i know this is important to you, but it really is a silly challenge that the Qur'an offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2017 at 1:48 AM, Christianity said:

I will give you my personal reasoning for following Christianity.

I am a Christian because I believe Jesus proved himself through his resurrection, if Christ had not done this then I would follow no religion because I could never know who is telling the truth or not, not even Christ; but because Christ rose from the dead I know his message to be valid. For me, his resurrection proves Christianity and certain parts of Judaism. Christianity as a religion would not have continued if Christ had not been raised, the apostle would have given up and gone home. But because of their witness of Christ resurrection, they continued the faith. St. Paul says this, "For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.(1 Corinthians 15:16-17).

why do you believe that the christ was raised? or rather died and then raised?

Edited by just a muslim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, just a muslim said:

why do you believe that the christ was raised? or rather died and then raised?

The simple explanation that we believe so is that the Gospels say so. Interestingly the Quran say something simular. In 19:33 Jesus is quoted having said:

"And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive."

Is Jesus still dead, waiting to be raised from death?  Or did it happen 2.000 years ago?

How do you understand these words in Quran?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, andres said:

The simple explanation that we believe so is that the Gospels say so. Interestingly the Quran say something simular. In 19:33 Jesus is quoted having said:

"And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive."

Is Jesus still dead, waiting to be raised from death?  Or did it happen 2.000 years ago?

How do you understand these words in Quran?

 

i can easily answer that. even though i dont see why that is relevant, or why that will help your case.

here is the sunni understanding of the verse in a nutshell: Jesus isnt dead. Allah raised him alive to the heavens. he will be sent back when the time comes, after imam mahdi, and then he will do what he has been told, and THEN he will die. and after he dies, he will be raised on the day of judgement. so, to answer your question, he is neither "still dead" nor did it happen "2000 years ago". it is yet to happen, according to the sunni view. 

 

you said you believe that because the gospels say so. why do you believe what the gospels say?

Edited by just a muslim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, thegoodman81 said:

 

سبحان الله

“Consider what is it that is in the heavens and the earth; and signs and warners do not avail a people who would not believe. What do they wait for then but the like of the days of those who passed away before them? Wait then; surely I too am with you of those who wait. Then We deliver Our messengers and those who believe-- even so (now), it is binding on Us (that) We deliver the believers. O you! if you are in doubt as to my religion, then (know that) I do not serve those whom you serve besides Allah but I do serve Allah, Who will cause you to die, and I am commanded that I should be of the believers. And that you should keep your course towards the religion uprightly; and you should not be of the polytheists. And do not call besides Allah on that which can neither benefit you nor harm you, for if you do then surely you will in that case be of the unjust. And if Allah should afflict you with harm, then there is none to remove it but He; and if He intends good to you there is none to repel His grace; He brings it to whom He pleases of His servants; and He is the Forgiving, the Merciful. O you! indeed there has come to you the truth from your Lord, therefore whoever goes aright, he goes aright only for the good of his own soul, and whoever goes astray, he goes astray only to the detriment of it, and I am not a custodian over you. And follow what is revealed to you and be patient till Allah should give judgment, and He is the best of the judges.”

Al-Qur’an Al-Kareem,

Surah Yunus,

Verse 100-109

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, just a muslim said:

i can easily answer that. even though i dont see why that is relevant, or why that will help your case.

here is the sunni understanding of the verse in a nutshell: Jesus isnt dead. Allah raised him alive to the heavens. he will be sent back when the time comes, after imam mahdi, and then he will do what he has been told, and THEN he will die. and after he dies, he will be raised on the day of judgement. so, to answer your question, he is neither "still dead" nor did it happen "2000 years ago". it is yet to happen, according to the sunni view. 

 

you said you believe that because the gospels say so. why do you believe what the gospels say?

Why do I believe the Gospels say Jesus was crucified and resurrected? Historians pretty much believe he died on the cross, but his resurrection cannot be proved. Neither can the excistence of God. It is a feeling, a personal experience. Dont you feel the same about your belief? 

To prove or disprove the Sunni belief you are describing is not possible either. But if Shias disagree I think we can rule out that it is written in the Quran. Is it based on Sunni Hadiths?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, andres said:

Why do I believe the Gospels say Jesus was crucified and resurrected? Historians pretty much believe he died on the cross, but his resurrection cannot be proved. Neither can the excistence of God. It is a feeling, a personal experience. Dont you feel the same about your belief? 

To prove or disprove the Sunni belief you are describing is not possible either. But if Shias disagree I think we can rule out that it is written in the Quran. Is it based on Sunni Hadiths?

 

no. the gospels say that jesus was crucified. why do you believe that whatever the gospel says, is true? this is what i want to know. why do you take the gospel as a source of info/knowledge/whatever you do?

historians could easily be mistaken. i could bring you historians who believe the opposite.

the existence of God is a rational conclusion. resurrection in the way you claim it is not a rational deduction. 

i told you the sunni narrative. yes, it is mostly based on sunni hadith. the shia narrative, if im not mistaken, is that jesus died a normal death and the resurrection refers to that on the day of judgement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, just a muslim said:

no. the gospels say that jesus was crucified. why do you believe that whatever the gospel says, is true? this is what i want to know. why do you take the gospel as a source of info/knowledge/whatever you do?

historians could easily be mistaken. i could bring you historians who believe the opposite.

the existence of God is a rational conclusion. resurrection in the way you claim it is not a rational deduction. 

i told you the sunni narrative. yes, it is mostly based on sunni hadith. the shia narrative, if im not mistaken, is that jesus died a normal death and the resurrection refers to that on the day of judgement.

So you believe the Sunni hatiths and not the Shia hadiths when it comes to the life of Jesus. OK. Nobody can prove any of you are wrong.

The Gospels are not infallible historical documents. No documents are. However I belive Jesus is resurrected. Cant prove it, you cant disprove it.

Do you believe that Ants have a language as developed as the Quran say? And that Salomon could understand it? And that Ants know the name of the King in the land they happen to live. This is very far from a rational conclucion,  still many Muslims believe it is true. The existence of God is not a rational conclusion either. It is a belief. Just like the belief that Ants are very intelligent is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, andres said:

So you believe the Sunni hatiths and not the Shia hadiths when it comes to the life of Jesus. OK. Nobody can prove any of you are wrong.

The Gospels are not infallible historical documents. No documents are. However I belive Jesus is resurrected. Cant prove it, you cant disprove it.

Do you believe that Ants have a language as developed as the Quran say? And that Salomon could understand it? And that Ants know the name of the King in the land they happen to live. This is very far from a rational conclucion,  still many Muslims believe it is true. The existence of God is not a rational conclusion either. It is a belief. Just like the belief that Ants are very intelligent is.

 

yes. i believe the sunni hadith literature. but i am not inviting you to sunni islam or shia islam. as a matter of fact, i havent even invited you to islam yet. i am just trying to understand where you are coming from.

okay. you believe something which you cant prove. and which cant be disproven, according to you. i say, in that situation, the humble position should be to say that you dont know. 

since the gospels are not infallible, you may be wrong to believe that jesus was resurrected. correct?

what if i prove to you that the gospels you have have indeed been corrupted, and to base them as a source for beliefs which could make or ruin your hereafter is unreasonable.

i would be more than happy to discuss the quran and ants and all that. but not in this thread. the reason for that is that my being incorrect in my belief about the quran wont make you correct in your belief about jesus. if you want, i can make a new thread for the discussion on quran and we can talk there.

P.S. the existence of God IS a rational conclusion. i can rationally conclude that God exists, without the quran. but i dont want to go into that because we both agree that God exists. no point in talking about that which we agree on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

    • Need to explain the reason of this wiki and Islam. My way of thinking : How do we sure/certain that Iblis has knowledge of God perfectly when he/Iblis disobey God's order to bow.
    • Salaam Alaykum Brother Good for your sister that has such a good brother. It is very important to observe Hijab and Islamic dress code. First of all, don't expect your sister to change her behaviour in one night. This process takes months, or maybe one or two years, so be patient. Never get angry on this because it only ruins your previous effort. Always calm and patient. Second, don't expect your sister to be nice to you when you talk about Hijab with her. She probably disrespects you or say inappropriate words, you MUST be quiet if it happens. Apparently your mother is concerned about this. It's a good thing that you are not alone. Observing Islamic dress code is very very gradual process. Your mother and you should be together and patient. Try to be more respectful to your sister and help her as much as you can. Let her think that you always support her. Your mother should also show observation in this matter. Your sister should see that your mother doesn't wear any kind of cloth. For example, when your mother and you and your sister are shopping, your mother should say(loudly so that your sister hears that), I don't like this dress. It's too short or tight and I'm Muslim. Never use force or fighting to make her dress islamically. Let her to understand this herself. Remember be kinder and more patient. Do as much favor as you can for your sister. Tell your mother to do the same. Gradually you can start talking with your sister in person about Hijab. The key is that she should first TRUST you that you are saying that just for help and your love as her brother.
    • Over the last 40 years, we have seen an increase in income inequality, especially in the US, with wages stagnating for a large majority of the population, but profits for corporations continuing to grow exponentially, this was obviously dealt a blow in the financial crisis, but the mechanisms in place to fix the crisis largely continued to promote neoliberal, state capitalism. The federal reserve, which I believe is criticised unfairly is largely a mechanism in place to fix problems within a very highly flawed system. You need a body that has to regulate banks and interest rates, otherwise you would have a situation that is even worse, where banks would continually just collude and set rates in a way that benefits them. The problem however is that, the Fed's mechanisms only empower the same system that has done damage to so many people's lives. By promoting bank bailouts, which then just give the bank the insurance that they can continue to do whatever they want, and the government will just continue to bail them out, they have no much incentive to act differently. Financial reform and regulation have been implemented since the financial crisis but these aren't enough, and the bailouts only led to bank CEOs giving themselves higher bonuses. But the question is how do you fix the system? If you don't bail the banks out, you leave millions unemployed, you make small business reliant on banks for short-term financing shut down. If you don't print money and you don't increase the deficit, you get rid of the few ways in a flawed economic system to boost the economy. So how do you fix it? More regulation? Do you make the Federal Open Market Committee meetings more public, but then that just allows political influence and gives more power to a very corrupt congress to make decisions, when you can't exactly trust them either? There have been attempts to make other currency systems like bitcoin, but on a national level what is a good solution? To centralise the banks completely would be a good idea but its just giving power to corrupt lawmakers who are bought by corporate interests. 
    • I think an important question that nobodies asked is what kind of relationship do you have with your sister?  If you're not super close and just come out of nowhere with all these rules shes going to rebel and your parents could get involved- telling you to stay out of it. If this happens- she might think its okay because her parents are defending her.  If you're not close, then maybe this is an opportunity to be. Try and be really open and non judgemental and find out why she doesn't wish to observe hijab. It may just be down to ignorance: she simply doesn't know its importance in islam. You'd be surprised what kind of interesting conversations you'd have.  My brothers beliefs are fairly different to mine and fairly often we have interesting discussions/debates about all kinds of topics. He's also very open minded so I feel reassurance/comfort if I ever need to ask advice or information about a certain topic. 
×