Jump to content
M.IB

Prophet Muhammad in the Gospel

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

:bismillah:

:salam:

First some verses from "The Gospel of Barnabas"(Name MUHAMMAD is mentioned):

Jesus answered: "The name of the Messiah is admirable, for God himself gave him the name when he had created his soul, and placed it in a celestial splendour. God said: 'Wait Mohammed; for thy sake I will to create paradise, the world, and a great multitude of creatures, whereof I make thee a present, insomuch that whoso bless thee shall be blessed, and whoso shall curse thee shall be accursed. When I shall send thee into the world I shall send thee as my messenger of salvation, and thy word shall be true, insomuch that heaven and earth shall fail, but thy faith shall never fail.' Mohammed is his blessed name." Then the crowd lifted up their voices, saying: "O God, send us thy messenger: O Admirable One, come quickly for the salvation of the world!"

— Barnabas 97:9–10

Then said the priest: "How shall the Messiah be called?" [Jesus answered] "Muhammed is his blessed name".

— Chapter 97

Dead sea scrolls(Name AHMAD/AHMOD literally written there, which is one of the many names of the Prophet (SAWA):  http://www.answering-christianity.com/16587039_382770132100764_2094797691977364547_o.png?oh=f82b79f1c800e70e4e2349afaa6a246e&oe=59B5C64C

What do you think about it? Your opinions? Any Christian friends who want to answer you are welcome.

Wassalam :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christians don't think much of the Gospel of Barnabas. Muslims like it because it says what they want to hear, but source?

If Jesus called for another messiah, the disciples would have known about Muhammad and they would have gone on to preach about him. 

The Epistle of Barnabas was written within the first 200 years and tells a totally different story. 1000 years later a new gospel shows up?

Barnabas was the companion of Paul, traveled with him on many missions. No record of discourse between them, no split based on different beliefs. 

As nice as the Gospel of Barnabas reads, it doesn't fit within it's own supposed history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

If Jesus called for another messiah, the disciples would have known about Muhammad and they would have gone on to preach about him.

Well, there are also disagreement regarding accounts of Bible which exist today for all of them go against each other. However, there have been in Torah clear proof that "Lord will show up from Mount Paran", that's in Mecca and Prophet Muhammad pbuhhp appeared from there as well. And as the Jesus a.s said that I have been sent to teach Torah so Christians should believe in it as well. The reason of this is that due to this verse many Jews resided in Arabia for such Prophet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sindbad05 said:

for such Prophet.

I would like to also add they early Jews used to say a statement before fighting similar to this "By the honor of the illiterate Messenger(somtimes they add Muhammad the illiterate Messenger), may we prevail over those pagans". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, M.IB said:

:bismillah:

:salam:

First some verses from "The Gospel of Barnabas"(Name MUHAMMAD is mentioned):

Jesus answered: "The name of the Messiah is admirable, for God himself gave him the name when he had created his soul, and placed it in a celestial splendour. God said: 'Wait Mohammed; for thy sake I will to create paradise, the world, and a great multitude of creatures, whereof I make thee a present, insomuch that whoso bless thee shall be blessed, and whoso shall curse thee shall be accursed. When I shall send thee into the world I shall send thee as my messenger of salvation, and thy word shall be true, insomuch that heaven and earth shall fail, but thy faith shall never fail.' Mohammed is his blessed name." Then the crowd lifted up their voices, saying: "O God, send us thy messenger: O Admirable One, come quickly for the salvation of the world!"

— Barnabas 97:9–10

Then said the priest: "How shall the Messiah be called?" [Jesus answered] "Muhammed is his blessed name".

— Chapter 97

Dead sea scrolls(Name AHMAD/AHMOD literally written there, which is one of the many names of the Prophet (SAWA):  http://www.answering-christianity.com/16587039_382770132100764_2094797691977364547_o.png?oh=f82b79f1c800e70e4e2349afaa6a246e&oe=59B5C64C

What do you think about it? Your opinions? Any Christian friends who want to answer you are welcome.

Wassalam :) 

The quote from Barnabas clearly show that the text is written by a Muslim, in 7th century, or later. 

Isaiah was an Israeli prophet, and his audience was Israelis of the 8th century BCE. He did not intend persons  that lived 1.400 years later. Not even Jesus 800 years later. (Or Muhammed Ali 2.800 years later). Persons with no relevance to Isaiah and his contemporaries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, M.IB said:

I would like to also add they early Jews used to say a statement before fighting similar to this "By the honor of the illiterate Messenger(somtimes they add Muhammad the illiterate Messenger), may we prevail over those pagans". 

You are wrong in that brother, if they said such word, they meant by Prophet who will be sent to ignorants or who will be sent to Ummul Qara. No prophet was illiterate in this world, if anyone has concerned over Prophet PBUHHP then he or she should see his disciple Ali who was taught by Him and no any companion was educated then him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

You are wrong in that brother, if they said such word, they meant by Prophet who will be sent to ignorants or who will be sent to Ummul Qara. No prophet was illiterate in this world, if anyone has concerned over Prophet PBUHHP then he or she should see his disciple Ali who was taught by Him and no any companion was educated then him.

Yes he was illiterate, he was learned to the read and write after the revelations came to him.

 

Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful.[Holy Qur'an 7:157]

 

And you did not recite before it any scripture, nor did you inscribe one with your right hand. Otherwise the falsifiers would have had [cause for] doubt.[Holy Qur'an 29:48]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, M.IB said:

Yes he was illiterate, he was learned to the read and write after the revelations came to him.

 

Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful.[Holy Qur'an 7:157]

 

And you did not recite before it any scripture, nor did you inscribe one with your right hand. Otherwise the falsifiers would have had [cause for] doubt.[Holy Qur'an 29:48]

Imam Reza a.s refutes this by saying that "Nabiul Ummi" means Prophet sent to "Ummul Qara" that's "Mecca" mentioned in Quran. Thus, your such view is wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sindbad05 said:

Imam Reza a.s refutes this by saying that "Nabiul Ummi" means Prophet sent to "Ummul Qara" that's "Mecca" mentioned in Quran. Thus, your such view is wrong.

So the Prophet (sawa) knew how to read and write? I just brought you a verse saying that he couldn't read or write above brother:

 

And you did not recite before it any scripture, nor did you inscribe one with your right hand. Otherwise the falsifiers would have had [cause for] doubt.[Holy Qur'an 29:48]

 

 

I doubt Imam Reda (as) did this though...

Edited by M.IB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, M.IB said:

So the Prophet (sawa) knew how to read and write? I just brought you a verse saying that he couldn't read or write above brother:

 

And you did not recite before it any scripture, nor did you inscribe one with your right hand. Otherwise the falsifiers would have had [cause for] doubt.[Holy Qur'an 29:48]

 

 

I doubt Imam Reda (as) did this though...

The reason that Prophet PBUHHP did not write anything with hand and did not mentioned teachings of Bible or Torah unless in a debate is known from the above verse as if Prophet had written anything with hand would have created doubts among his enemies that he pbuhhp wrote Quran himself and have learned it from Torah or Bible. So, along with Torah, he pbuhhp also explained events that aren't recorded in Torah or Bible and did not write anything so that people may imply that see he writes like Quran so Quran is his invention.

I don't know why you think Imam Reza a.s quote is doubtful to you while it is from Quran. And, Ali a.s is evidence of literacy of Rasolallah who never learnt writing or knowledge or war from anyone except Rasolallah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

I don't know why you think Imam Reza a.s quote is doubtful to you while it is from Quran. And, Ali a.s is evidence of literacy of Rasolallah who never learnt writing or knowledge or war from anyone except Rasolallah

No brother, what I meant was is that the Prophet (sawa) didn't know how to read or write before the revelations, but after he did know how to, Imam Ali (as) was only 10 years when he accepted Islam, some sources say 8, and so after the literacy of the Prophet (sawa), he was taught everything like writing, wisdom, religion, fighting and leadership and and etc...

By the way can you give me the quote of Imam Reda (as)? 

 

Edited by M.IB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, M.IB said:

No brother, what I meant was is that the Prophet (sawa) didn't know how to read or write before the revelations, but after he did know how to, Imam Ali (as) was only 10 years when he accepted Islam, some sources say 8, and so after the literacy of the Prophet (sawa), he was taught everything like writing, wisdom, religion, fighting and leadership and and etc...

By the way can you give me the quote of Imam Reda (as)? 

 

Brother, I am astonished about your belief who believes that Adam a.s was taught more than Jibrael and that's why Jibrael along with other angels bowed on the order of Allah before him and one who believe that Jesus a.s talked in cradle and said that I am sent as Messenger with the book but don't accept last Prophet PBUHHP as learnt.

Brother, I have learnt that quote of Imam Reza a.s either from Alal Sharai or Ayun e Akhbar e Raza. You have to search it.

Imam Ali a.s was never unlearned for his actions in his childhood show that he was always educated and Prophet PBUHHP said about him: "Ali a.s was to reveal himself as Muslim". Prophet PBUHHP did not say that he was first to accept Islam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, M.IB said:

No brother, what I meant was is that the Prophet (sawa) didn't know how to read or write before the revelations, but after he did know how to,

Even this quote of yours is unacceptable to many of your brothers for Prophet didn't write anything in life except three words "Muhammad ibn Abdullah".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×