Ya Mahdi1999

Muslims/atheists seeing Jesus?

Rate this topic

Salam, 

Recently I have been seeing alot of clips on youtube of ex-muslims and atheists becoming Christian after seeing Jesus. Whilst most of them are dreams, certain people admit that Jesus did appear before them in real life. These are some examples: 

and this is an ex muslim who apparently claimed jesus visited him in his prison cell: 

What are your thoughts on such events? I would strongly suggest that one can atleast watch the second clip so i can get your thoughts. These are just some of the dozens of stories on youtube of people converting to christianity after seeing jesus. Has similar events happened with people that made them convert to Islam? Thank you

Wa salam

If it is one thing my father, who is a Certified public accountant and Fraud examiner, taught me is follow the money trail. It is unfortunate but certain organizations would pay you MONEY and good amounts of it to be an ex-muslim atheist or Christian. There was a joke about how some muslims I saw in a chat who observed this phenomenon were like "Hey man, if it lands me an income of $100,000 a year or more and I don't gotta work hard or anything for that dough, I "suddenly" see the light of Jesus or "suddenly" saw that Islam was not the right religion for me, cause it ain't payin' them bills and buyin' me that middle-class house I always wanted and that BMW". Now, are there genuine conversions out of Islam, yes, but also there are also an alarming amount of ex-muslims being being payed an engineer's salary to renounce Islam. 

That's what I find funny about people accusing converts of converting for "superficial reasons". Sure, I know of some who converted for love, but I also know many who already did research and were married much after they converted and did independent research on Islam. Even if you become an influential muslim speaker, shia or sunni, and hold multiple talks, lectures, own and start up a research institute etc. your income is still decently passable but not near the amount you need to buy that upper middle class house and BMW's. I remember someone actually putting a pdf or word file together and as far as public knowledge is concerned famous Sunni converts who did start research institutes still made less of a yearly salary than even the average yearly income an engineer makes ( I can't remember what type of engineer though I do know it was either mechanical, electrical, civil, or one of the more mainstream and popular engineering specialties)  (no disrespect towards engineers on SC, but we all know the hierarchy of income when it comes to doctors, engineers, and lawyers).

P.S. A correction to my first post in this topic. I said: "but also there are also an alarming amount of ex-muslims being payed an engineer's salary to renounce Islam". I meant to say: "but also there are also an alarming amount of ex-muslims being payed above an ivy league engineer's salary to around a doctor's yearly salary to renounce Islam.

5 hours ago, Ya Mahdi1999 said:

Salam, 

Recently I have been seeing alot of clips on youtube of ex-muslims and atheists becoming Christian after seeing Jesus. Whilst most of them are dreams, certain people admit that Jesus did appear before them in real life. These are some examples: 

and this is an ex muslim who apparently claimed jesus visited him in his prison cell: 

What are your thoughts on such events? I would strongly suggest that one can atleast watch the second clip so i can get your thoughts. These are just some of the dozens of stories on youtube of people converting to christianity after seeing jesus. Has similar events happened with people that made them convert to Islam? Thank you

Wa salam

This way of preaching has long been adopted throughout ages to bring more people into religious fold. A member of crew would sit among people and pastor would cry out that I have the miracles granted by Jesus thus, whoever is stricken with disease come to me on stage and by grace of God, I will cure him. The crew member cries:"Show me if you can, my limbs are not working and if you make me such I will accept Christianity". The crew member is summoned and then pastor murmurs and the crew member stands and everywhere is clapping.....This is drama not seriousness.

6 hours ago, Ya Mahdi1999 said:

Salam, 

Wa salam

Salam Ya Mahdi,

I think it's so cool and awesome when Jesus Christ reveals himself to people!!!

One of my friends had a vision of Jesus before I ever met her, which caused her to accept Jesus as the Savior (not just as a prophet). She is a very brave lady from Pakistan who immigrated to the USA. She is highly intelligent, very sweet and caring, and loves her family very much. However, she has sadly experienced hatred and hostility from her family due to her personal decision to follow Christ.

Personally, I believe that Jesus reveals Himself to many people who are going to face persecution for following him. That's why I believe he reveals himself more to Muslims than to other groups, because Islam has harsh penalties for apostasy, including being disowned by family members (which is heartbreaking), discrimination in Muslim workplaces and schools, and in some cases even death. :( 

In some ways, former Muslims who forsake Islam and follow Christ are like the Jewish people around 2,000 years ago who were discriminated against by other Jewish people for deciding to follow Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus Christ).

Peace and God bless you

11 minutes ago, Christianlady said:

Salam Ya Mahdi,

I think it's so cool and awesome when Jesus Christ reveals himself to people!!!

One of my friends had a vision of Jesus before I ever met her, which caused her to accept Jesus as the Savior (not just as a prophet). She is a very brave lady from Pakistan who immigrated to the USA. She is highly intelligent, very sweet and caring, and loves her family very much. However, she has sadly experienced hatred and hostility from her family due to her personal decision to follow Christ.

Personally, I believe that Jesus reveals Himself to many people who are going to face persecution for following him. That's why I believe he reveals himself more to Muslims than to other groups, because Islam has harsh penalties for apostasy, including being disowned by family members (which is heartbreaking), discrimination in Muslim workplaces and schools, and in some cases even death. :( 

In some ways, former Muslims who forsake Islam and follow Christ are like the Jewish people around 2,000 years ago who were discriminated against by other Jewish people for deciding to follow Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus Christ).

Peace and God bless you

You have no knowledge about apostasy in Islam what you know is the final punishment and are unaware as to what it takes to qualify such punishment. The girl which accepted Christianity has adopted your religion to get Green card which is promised to many here and the people with weak faith accept it for worldly gains. 

15 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

You have no knowledge about apostasy in Islam what you know is the final punishment and are unaware as to what it takes to qualify such punishment. The girl which accepted Christianity has adopted your religion to get Green card which is promised to many here and the people with weak faith accept it for worldly gains. 

Salam

Brother, how do u know exactly if they're lying? Is this something really implemented by media in order to gain revenue? Not saying ur wrong but is there evidence to your claim.

Wa salam 

Just now, Ya Mahdi1999 said:

Salam

Brother, how do u know exactly if they're lying? Is this something really implemented by media in order to gain revenue? Not saying ur wrong but is there evidence to your claim.

Wa salam 

Evidence is that Christianity does not offer enough guidance to lead someone to right path. The pops of this religion have decreed Homosexuality as lawful which is quoted as an unforgiven sin in Bible and they also did not protest against rather support a relationship without wedlock. And they say once you confess your sins to a father how horrible that be they are forgiven? ???? God did not give them authority bro. This is not religion of Jesus which he preached.

9 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Evidence is that Christianity does not offer enough guidance to lead someone to right path. The pops of this religion have decreed Homosexuality as lawful which is quoted as an unforgiven sin in Bible and they also did not protest against rather support a relationship without wedlock. And they say once you confess your sins to a father how horrible that be they are forgiven? ???? God did not give them authority bro. This is not religion of Jesus which he preached.

I understand that, but my question is do u think in videos like the ones I have presented are distorted and produced by western media for their own interests? 

Wa salam 

9 hours ago, Ya Mahdi1999 said:

Salam, 

Wa salam

:salam:

Really? Have any evidence that actually proves they're so called "vision" or "dream" (if not FOR their worldly intentions).

Christian creed is false in many ways anyway, the Dead sea scrolls and the "Gospel of Barnabas" the gospel that the church considered to be from the "16th-15th century", except the fact it was in Aramaic,written about 1,900-1,500+ ago according to carbon testings, it had the name "Muhammad" tens of times even hundreds, Jesus always preached for the 1 God.

Wassalam :) 

Edited by M.IB

3 hours ago, Ya Mahdi1999 said:

I understand that, but my question is do u think in videos like the ones I have presented are distorted and produced by western media for their own interests? 

Wa salam 

There are million people who murder even though they know that they are not justified in that so propagating wrong information is just a little lie for them. Man people sell their votes for money, religion does not have value in the life of most people. Do you think that Western Media so honest.

6 hours ago, M.IB said:

:salam:

Really? Have any evidence that actually proves they're so called "vision" or "dream" (if not FOR their worldly intentions).

Christian creed is false in many ways anyway, the Dead sea scrolls and the "Gospel of Barnabas" the gospel that the church considered to be from the "16th-15th century", except the fact it was in Aramaic,written about 1,900-1,500+ ago according to carbon testings, it had the name "Muhammad" tens of times even hundreds, Jesus always preached for the 1 God.

Wassalam :) 

Salam, thank you for your reply. Do u think if the dreeams were true than it may have come from shaitaan himself? Because I remember reading a hadith that states that if one sees the prophet or aimmah, than it is true because Satan cannot take our form. Do u think Satan had the ability to disguise himself as Jesus (as)? 

Wa salam

On 10/12/2017 at 1:17 PM, Ya Mahdi1999 said:

Salam, thank you for your reply. Do u think if the dreeams were true than it may have come from shaitaan himself? Because I remember reading a hadith that states that if one sees the prophet or aimmah, than it is true because Satan cannot take our form. Do u think Satan had the ability to disguise himself as Jesus (as)? 

Wa salam

Satan can disguise himself any way he wants but I don't think he does. There are enough fallen angels, some organized, some not, that can do anything an angel can. Christians were taught to "Test the spirits to see if they are from God"  Not every angel is Jesus.

Evidence is that Christianity does not offer enough guidance to lead someone to right path.

The common trough talk assumes Christians have no proper path. Evidence is taken from the worst of the western world, assumed "Christian". If we draw our conclusions from the worst of a religion, you end up with a proverbial pot-kettle syndrome.

Being part of a religion is not the same as seeing the light. Regardless religion, there is a time when you have stop and wonder how much of me is religion, and how much of me is actual faith? 

Prophet after Prophet...after Prophet have come to interpret their injil. Men grab it, make a bunch of rules around it and call it a religion. If Islam is the name of the perfect religion since Adam, then it is already recorded in three eras, you have the OT, the NT, and the Qur'an. Is it possible the true path would be hidden until those who followed Muhammad exposed it? All those of previous Prophets are...what,?

The time period of "Islam post Abraham" is recorded in the Torah. Their modern path splits three ways, Orthodox, Reform, or Conservative. Each of those paths splits off into more paths, 

Could you be comfortable with the term "The Islam of Jesus"? Christianity is so simple, yet split after split, reform after reform, leaves it with more denominations than any, but so what?

Let's say "Islam, post Muhammad" is the true path. While walking this path, you come to a "Y" in the path, the sign says, this way Shia, this way Sunni. A little farther down there's a Wahabi turn off. If you decide to take the Shia path, the sign becomes a list of Twelvers, Alawites, Ismailis, Druze, Zaidiyyah, all divided, not fond of each other. 

These man made separations in all religions are often called "branches" which resembles a tree, not a path. 

True Islam is between one person and one God. That's where the path is determined. If God decides you need a face to face it's going to happen.

On 10/12/2017 at 6:38 AM, Sindbad05 said:

You have no knowledge about apostasy in Islam what you know is the final punishment and are unaware as to what it takes to qualify such punishment.

Salam Sinbad05,

Please explain then your interpretation of apostasy in Islam. (Muslims are diverse and have different definitions. Oh, are you Shia or Sunni, and do you consider yourself liberal or  fundamentalist/conservative in your belief?) Thank you. 

The girl which accepted Christianity has adopted your religion to get Green card which is promised to many here and the people with weak faith accept it for worldly gains. 

The woman who accepted Christianity before I ever met her was already a citizen of the USA, and endures verbal and physical abuse from her husband after she accepted Jesus Christ as her Savior. Of course, you can judge her if you want. I personally think she is a very brave lady however. Since she loves him, she doesn't want to divorce him.

Thank God she has called the police once, which woke her hubby up to the fact that in the USA, the law does not allow men to abuse their wives. Since then, he has behaved himself better, but it gives her no pleasure how he treats her.

She did not accept Jesus as her Savior to make her life better; her decision has made her life harder. Rather, she accepted Jesus as her Savior because she believes he is.

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

1 hour ago, Christianlady said:

Salam Sinbad05,

Please explain then your interpretation of apostasy in Islam. (Muslims are diverse and have different definitions. Oh, are you Shia or Sunni, and do you consider yourself liberal or  fundamentalist/conservative in your belief?) Thank you. 

I consider myself to be the proponent of Islam that offers justice and prevents from evil. I am both Shia and Sunni. Shia in the sense that I am lover of Ahlebait a.s and Sunni in the sense that I believe in the Sunnah of the prophet and Ahlebait to be the best method to counter every strategy. 

Apostasy is one of the complicated subject in Islam. I believe that a person who has apostate and leaves Islam. He should have to leave his wife as it is obligatory. Secondly, He should not brainwash people. If he does so, it is duty of the government to punish him with punishment due for him.  

On 11/4/2017 at 2:47 PM, Sindbad05 said:

I consider myself to be the proponent of Islam that offers justice and prevents from evil. I am both Shia and Sunni. Shia in the sense that I am lover of Ahlebait a.s and Sunni in the sense that I believe in the Sunnah of the prophet and Ahlebait to be the best method to counter every strategy. 

Apostasy is one of the complicated subject in Islam. I believe that a person who has apostate and leaves Islam. He should have to leave his wife as it is obligatory. Secondly, He should not brainwash people. If he does so, it is duty of the government to punish him with punishment due for him.  

Salam Sinbad05,

Thanks for defining what you believe.

Do you believe that a person who leaves Christianity and tells others why is brainwashing people and it is the duty of the government to punish him?

What to do with apostates is one of the interesting big differences between Christianity and Islam. While horribly, many disobedient Christians or people who say they believe in Jesus have hurt former Christians who apostate, that is in disobedience to Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ illustrates what his followers are to do with apostates in the following passage of the Bible:

6Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you? 62 Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit[e] and life. 64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe.”

For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. 65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

67 “You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve.

68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.” - John 6:61-69 (NIV)

Following Jesus Christ is an individual decision based on the individual's free will to do on a volunteer basis. It should not be forced. That is why Jesus Christ asked his chosen apostles if they "do not want to leave too", because he wants loyal, faithful followers who want to follow him.

That is just one of the ways obeying Jesus Christ is different than Islam. That is why thankfully, former Christians who apostatize and follow Muhammad are not supposed to be killed or hurt in any way by Christians. While horribly some Christians have disobeyed Jesus Christ and hurt/killed apostates, Jesus Christ clearly shows that the focus of each of his followers (commonly called Christians since Antioch - Acts 11:26), is to be on him, not on the apostates or hurting them in any way.

Peace and God bless you