Rate this topic

When I wipe my head in wudu and I check to see if my head is wet with my fingers no water is present. Since your using moisture does your head have to be wet? Should I redo my wudu? If I find little to no water on my head can I take moisture from my forearm and wipe my head or would that be wiping to many times?

Thank You

Edited by Hameedeh
Two topics about wudu were merged. Any new topics about wudu by Shogun can be merged here.

1. While wiping my right hand in wudu water drips onto my left arm. Do I have to dry the water or can I continue with my wudu?

2. Also, when I'm wiping my right arm sometimes a few droplets touch my feet. Do I have to wipe my feet or can I continue with wudu?

Thank You

52 minutes ago, Shogun said:

1. While wiping my right hand in wudu water drips onto my left arm. Do I have to dry the water or can I continue with my wudu?

You can continue with your Wudu.

52 minutes ago, Shogun said:

2. Also, when I'm wiping my right arm sometimes a few droplets touch my feet. Do I have to wipe my feet or can I continue with wudu?

Feet and head always have to be dry before wiping them.

Salaam Alaykum Brother

You cannot use wetness of your arm to go back and wipe your face. It's wrong. There is something called order in Wudu. You cannot go back to previous part to do it. If your face gets dried soon, you can do something. First of all do not lengthen you wudu so much that previous parts get dried. Second, you can fill your hand with water and then drop it on your face without wiping your face. Then you can do it again. Take water and pour it on your face. Now wipe your face. Do this for all parts. Drop water two times on that part, then wipe it.

In wudu, head and feet must be dried always. If face, hands, arms are wet, that is fine. If your head and your feet are wet in a way that the wetness of your hand is still dominant in Masah, that is fine too. Don't be doubtful on everything.

This is also very important and a lot of Muslims do mistake on this. The wetness of your head and wetness of your face should NOT mix each other when you do head Masah. Have some safe margin to avoid this. Otherwise, you need to do wudu again. When you get used to, it becomes easy.

I hope it helps.

5 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

You cannot use wetness of your arm to go back and wipe your face. It's wrong. There is something called order in Wudu. You cannot go back to previous part to do it. If your face gets dried soon, you can do something. First of all do not lengthen you wudu so much that previous parts get dried. Second, you can fill your hand with water and then drop it on your face without wiping your face. Then you can do it again. Take water and pour it on your face. Now wipe your face. Do this for all parts. Drop water two times on that part, then wipe it.

Thank You for your reply brother I really appreciate the in depth response. I was asking about if I could take wetness from my forearm to wipe the top of my head not my face. Sorry for the confusion.

5 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

The wetness of your head and wetness of your face should NOT mix each other when you do head Masah. Have some safe margin to avoid this. Otherwise, you need to do wudu again. When you get used to, it becomes easy.

What do you mean by safe margin? I have been using a towel to wipe the top of my head after I wash my face, and have worked on aiming the water on the hairline except on top of my head. It seems to be going good so far. Any other tips you can give me will be appreciated. Also I was wondering when I check the top of my head after I wipe to see if water has reached it with my finger I noticed only a trickle of water. Is that small amount of moisture enough or should the head have more water after wiping. I never thought of wudu as having so many rules, but after the last few days I think I have got a handle on it. Thank You 

Edited by Shogun

If anyone reading this post has any questions on wudu I would highly recommend the link that brother Hassan sent me. https://ia601503.us.archive.org/19/items/Purification_201710/Purification.pdf It has really helped improve the quality of my wudu. I would advise everyone to read it from start to finish as it has many rules that you may have not heard of when it comes to wudu.

Below are some of the rulings from the link.

After finishing washing your face, it is permissible to dry your face from the wudu water then move on to washing your arms. As long as one had made the intention of completing the wash of the face, than any nijasah or dryness on the face has no effect on the status of the wudu.

It is impermissible to move your head while you are wiping it. Your head should stay firm.

It is obligatory to wipe the feet up to the ankle. Some maraji’ say just before the ankle is fine.

If the moist dried up on your right hand before wiping your head, you must try to get moist from your beard or eyebrows. If you have no beard, or if there wasn’t enough moist on your eyebrows or beard in order to wipe your head, your wudu is void. [Sayed Shubr] [Imam Khamenei Q112]

If the moist dried up on your hands before wiping your feet, you must try to get moist from your beard or eyebrows. If you have no beard, or if there wasn’t enough moist on your eyebrows or beard in order to wipe your feet, your wudu is void. [Sayed Shubr] [Imam Khamenei Q112]

Washing your face and hands is obligatory for the first time and permissible for the second time. But it invalidates your wudu if it is done for the third time. The criterion in determining each time is one’s intention. Therefore if somebody pours five handfuls of water on the face or hands with the intention of being one wash, than it will count as only one wash. [Imam Khamenei Q101]

Thank You

Edited by Shogun

In wudu we wash the face from the hairline down to the chin. After washing the face it is recommended to infiltrate water on the part of the beard that is visible. Are you allowed to wipe the parts of the beard that are visible and then wipe under your eye lids or is the wiping of the parts of the face done from top to bottom just like washing?

Also, when washing the face is it permissible to get water above the hairline and wipe from the hair downwards if you miss the hairline, and then dry the top of the head from any water afterwards?

Thank You 

Edited by Shogun

On 10/12/2017 at 1:05 AM, Shogun said:

Thank You for your reply brother I really appreciate the in depth response. I was asking about if I could take wetness from my forearm to wipe the top of my head not my face. Sorry for the confusion.

What do you mean by safe margin? I have been using a towel to wipe the top of my head after I wash my face, and have worked on aiming the water on the hairline except on top of my head. It seems to be going good so far. Any other tips you can give me will be appreciated. Also I was wondering when I check the top of my head after I wipe to see if water has reached it with my finger I noticed only a trickle of water. Is that small amount of moisture enough or should the head have more water after wiping. I never thought of wudu as having so many rules, but after the last few days I think I have got a handle on it. Thank You 

Jazak-aal Their brother

Wudu is very easy, but there are some small and important things to observe. That's it.

When you want to drop water and wipe your face, you must start from your hair up to down to your beard.

When you do Masah, don't do it all the way to your face. In that case, wetness of your Masah is mixed with wetness of your face which is wrong. It's very simple. When you do Masah, keep a small part in front of your head dried, so that you don't go all the way to your face.

I know that you are practicing, but Wudu is simple. Try to have Wudu ALL THE TIME. I have Wudu every single moment of my time. Whenever I sleep, go to class, going out, talking with people, everywhere.

About your question, I don't know the answer. If I understood correctly, you asked whether it is necessary that Masah water reach your head or not. I remember from reading Tozih-ul-Masayel that as long as water reached your head, you're good to go. Just one thing to mention. If you want to dry your head and feet for Masah, do it BEFORE starting Wudu not during Wudu. I will search your question to see the answer, then I'll share it with you and other Muminin.