Ya Mahdi1999

Shiachat App On Apple/android?

Rate this topic

hmm thx guys. Maybe it's time we get with the times and built a really cool app. Frankly I am not a fan of current mobile version too. But what do we include in the app that is already not in the mobile version cz that was the question discussed last time. What is needed besides a better look? Do you want to be able to see the people viewing the thread, all members signed in and these kinda details etc? Is that possible? Have you seen similar apps for forums? Do we have any examples?

hmm thx guys. Maybe it's time we get with the times and built a really cool app. Frankly I am not a fan of current mobile version too. But what do we include in the app that is already not in the mobile version cz that was the question discussed last time. What is needed besides a better look? Do you want to be able to see the people viewing the thread, all members signed in and these kinda details etc? Is that possible? Have you seen similar apps for forums? Do we have any examples?

Salam here are my suggestions:

As you have said, we should make the app look great. The way an application looks and operates is imperative to its success. When an application is downloaded, a user is going to open that app and will instantly form an impression. Especially in the case of free apps, there is a huge amount of churn – if the app doesn’t look as good as a rival app and navigation isn’t fluid, the chances are the user won’t even bother getting to learn about what it can do. 

Also I think we should focus on the primary task that elevate the content that people care about, think about how a smartphone screen is viewed in different environments, to give users a logical path to follow and make usage easy and obvious. 

Also I think we should design a help button on top of the page whilst retaining the standard icons and buttons that a user will be familiar with in other applications, so they instantly know how to use the app. user interface needs to be as unobtrusive as it can be, leaving out any design elements that don’t add a use or function to the app. Bundling in too many design elements can leave it feeling bulky.

Also, I think personally that to make this app great, we have to know what the people want. So maybe one of the admins can make a forum of what people would like in this app so we can make it as successful as we possibly can. We should focus on the primary task that elevate the content that people care about, think about how a smartphone screen is viewed in different environments, to give users a logical path to follow and make usage easy and obvious. 

Also we can make this app into a similar version of Facebook. I will lay down a few examples: we can allow users to like and comment on people's profile pictures, we can maybe have a link at the top of the page of who is online and design private chatboxs between 2 users. We can still implement the chatroom as we already have. 

We should have a onscreen help tab for users whilst retaining the standard icons and buttons that a user will be familiar with in other applications, so they instantly know how to use the app. This will be great especially for new comers who don't know how to use the app. 

We can have links to top shia sites on the net to increase our knowledge of our religion and also we can make links to latmiat and nasheeds online. 

I hope u take my ideas into consideration and inshallah we can make this app for born iPhone and android users. I also suggest we make a forum before yous precede in this just to know what people would like for this app if the admins end up deciding to make the app. Thank you, 

Wa Salam

On 4/18/2015 at 0:42 PM, Life=Abbas said:

For example I just can post the address of pics or any other things in my posts! I cant post the picture directly,when I use phone

I think that's a good idea. The ideas from mithrandir are also good. This is why I suggest we make a forum where we ask people what they would like to have if this plan does proceed in developing this app

Make a SC mobile app downloadable from Google Play Store. Its the need of the hour. It will help this place immensely. Do it by putting the Dev Team members to work.
 ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶k̶e̶ motivate them to achieve the goal. ^^^

Edited by Darth Vader

سلامٌ عليكم 

Not sure if this has already been discussed and addressed but tried searching for it and couldn't find anything here or on playstore or App Store

Is there a shiachat app on iOS or android ? If not, is there any plan to have one in the near future ? 

I believe it will be a useful tool.

ma salamah

@Hameedeh thank you for the link.

However I meant app for this forum. I just saw one of the threads here where it is already discussed few years ago so may be it is not something feasible as of now.

Admins should run a poll and see how many members are interested and in case there is any member who could help develop one.

On 6/13/2017 at 2:57 PM, arsh_hussain said:

I just saw one of the threads here where it is already discussed few years ago so may be it is not something feasible as of now.

Br. Abbas was considering making a ShiaChat App. However, he asked several questions that members have not answered. Lack of response might have pushed the idea of a SC App to the back burner. 

Yes have suggested admins in that thread, if they can pin the topic or the poll to the top so that more members participate and provide suggestions.

Edited by arsh_hussain