Sirius_Bright

Arbae'en 2017 - Ziyarat of Imam Hussain (a.s.)

:salam:

It is the ardent desire of every Shia to visit the Holy shrines of their immaculate Imam (a.s.). Most of us had that opportunity before and will visit them again, Insha Allah while there are many who will go to them soon. Making your presence in front of them requires more of a sincerity, love and passion alongwith recognition of their rights.

Arbae'en is near and it is the best opportunity for each one of us to call out labbaik. Those yearning for the Ziyarat of Ab'a Abdillah should take a step ahead and start with preparations, as in:

Do I have my passport ready? Is it nearing expiry?

Procedure for obtaining visa (Tour operator will take care if you are going with Qafela)

Applying for leaves in office in advance.

What about my finances? If it is less, how can I arrange extra amount?

Which tour operators should I go with?

Any other obstacles/hurdles, etc.

Please note this thread is not for debating on any particular aspect or method or rewards of Ziyarat but a means to get ourselves prepared for it.

The rewards and merits of Ziyarat of Imam Hussain (a.s.) is much more than can be outlined here. I'll mention but a few traditions to get an overview of it's great virtue, in the next post. You are welcome to present ahadith and how are you going to take part in Arbae'en this year.

Most of the traditions below is taken from Kamiluz Ziyaraat and Beharul Anwaar.

1. Imam Sadiq (a.s.) said: “On Judgment Day, visitors of Imam Husain (a.s.) will be given an excellence over others.”
I asked, “What is it?” Imam (a.s.) replied, “They will enter Paradise forty years before others; whereas others have to wait in the accounting process.”

2. Imam Sadiq (a.s.) said: Even if you go to Hajj every year but don’t perform the Ziyarat of Imam Husain (a.s.), you have abandoned one of your obligations towards Allah and His messenger, because the right of Imam Husain (a.s.) is made obligatory on every Muslim by the Almighty Allah.

3. Imam Sadiq (a.s.) said: Days spent in Ziyarat of Imam Husain (a.s.) are not counted as part of ones lifespan; and are not reduced from the time of ones death.

4. Imam Sadiq (a.s.) said: Muawiyah! Don’t forsake the Ziyarat of Imam Husain (a.s.) because of fear. Because he that abandons the Ziyarat of Imam Husain (a.s.) will regret it so much that he will wish his grave was besides him. Do you like Allah to see you among those for whom Allah’s Messenger, Ali, Fatima the Imams (a.s.) pray? Do you like to be of those who return forgiven of their past sins and to return from his Ziyarat with seventy years of sins forgiven? Do you like to be of those who will not have any sins about which they will be questioned when they leave this life? Do you like to be of those whose hands Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.) will shake tomorrow?

5. Imam Kazim (a.s.) said: The least reward for one who performs the Ziyarat of Imam Husain (a.s.) by the banks of Euphrates, with recognition of his rights and believing in his sanctity and Wilayat, is that all of his past and future sins will be forgiven.

6.  Imam Sadiq (a.s.) said: When Allah intends good for a person, He places the love of Husain (a.s.) and the love of his Ziyarat in his heart. When Allah intends evil for a person, He places the hatred of Husain (a.s.) and the hatred of his Ziyarat in his heart.

7.  Imam Baqir (a.s.) said:, “If people knew the reward for performing the Ziyarat of Imam Husain (a.s.), their souls would leave their bodies in remorse and they would die longing for it.” I asked, “What is the reward for going to his Ziyarat?”
Imam (a.s.) replied: Allah will record the reward of a thousand accepted Hajjs, a thousand accepted Umrahs, a thousand martyrs of Badr, fasting of a thousand people, a thousand accepted prostrations and the reward of freeing a thousand slaves in the way of Allah for one who goes to the Ziyarat of Imam Husain (a.s.) longing for him. He will be protected for a whole year from every calamity, the least of which is Shaitan. And Allah will appoint a noble angel to protect him from front, behind, right, left, above and below. If he dies that year, angels of divine mercy will be present with him, bathe and shroud him and seek forgiveness for him. They will also follow him till the grave and widen it as far as the eye can see and Allah will keep him safe from the squeeze of the grave and from fear of angels, Munkar and Nakir. A door will also be opened from his grave to Paradise. On Judgment Day, scroll of deeds will be given in his right hand and he will shine with a light, which illuminates from the east to west. And an announcer will call out, “He is one who performed the Ziyarat of Imam Husain (a.s.) with enthusiasm.” After that no one will remain on Judgment Day who will not wish that he had also performed the Ziyarat of Imam Husain (a.s.).

8. Imam Sadiq (a.s.) said: Every day and night Allah glances at the earth a hundred thousand times through which He forgives whomever He wants and punishes whomever He likes. Allah specially forgives the visitors of Imam Husain (a.s.), their family members and those for whom they will intercede on Judgment Day, regardless of who they may be, even if they be of those upon whom Hell is decreed.
I (the narrator) asked, “Even if Hell is decreed for them?”
Imam (a.s.) replied, “Yes, but they should not be Nasibi.”

9. Imam Jafar-e-Sadiq (A.S) said, “If one of our Shia goes for Imam Hussain’s (a.s.) Ziarat, then he will not return but all his sins will be forgiven. For every step that he or his mount takes, 1,000 virtues are written for him, 1,000 sins are forgiven and his status is elevated by 1,000 degrees.”

10. Safwan Jammaal relates from Imam Sadiq (a.s.), ‘When the rays of the sun fall on the visitor of Imam’s (a.s.) shrines, it consumes his sins like the fire consumes wooden sticks. The sun does not leave any sin on his body and he returns home sinless. In fact on his return he is granted a status that is not even given to those who shed their blood in Allah’s path.’

11. mam Muhammad Baqir (a.s.) informed, ‘If Imam Husain’s (a.s.) visitor expires in the same year of the ziarat, then the angels of mercy participate in his ceremonial bath (ghusl) and shrouding. They seeks forgiveness for him. They are with his funeral till the grave. Then his grave becomes vast and spacious.’

Misbah al Mutjahid, Sheikh at-Tusi, Amaal of the month of Safar

59dd5ae599701_amaalofsafar.png.57a31704d39164344446f14c8d3f897a.png

The first day in year 210 was the killing of Zayd bin Ali bin Husayn (ra) and the third day in it the year 46 was the burning of the Kaaba by Muslim bin Uqbah and he threw its walls in the fire, and it was also the killing of Abdullah bin Zubayr by Yazid bin Mu'awiya (la), and on the twentieth day of it was the return of the Haram of Sayyidina Abi Abdillah Husayn bin Ali bin Abi Talib (as) from Sham to Medina of the Prophet (saw). and it is also the day that Jabir bin Abdillah al Ansari (ra) the companion of Rasulullah (saw) left from Medina to Karbala for Ziyarat of the grave of Husayn (as), and it was the first visit from mankind, and it is desirable to visit him (as) on this day by reciting Ziyarat of Arba'een, and it is narrated from Imam al Askari (as) that the signs of a believer are five, Salah of 51 Rakat, and Ziyarat of Arba'een, and a ring (takhtam, literally seal/mark but I believe this means a ring), and a mark (or discoloration) of the forehead, and pronouncing loudly Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem (in salah)..

Please correct me by the way if I made any mistakes, my arabic isn't exactly top notch,

wa salaam

Edited by Mansur Bakhtiari