sidnaq

Why could the brain be better than any computer

Essentially, humans and the human brain have the ability to act and think in an abstract mannerism. Basically, to think in nonlinear ways and to even other human beings act in rather confusing ways. Think of it this way, we consider a phone or computer smart because it can do tasks to near precision with the proper user input. However, from a programming perspective it is not difficult at all to code machines to, well, be machines and think in extremely linear forms to the point where it would be borderline impossible for it to think abstractly like humans do. 

In fact, the real as of yet unsolvable challenge is to create a machine or Artificial intelligence that acts like humans. That is to say solve problems and issues in ways humans can, to make mistakes in the same way a person can, and to react in the same way humans do. Doing the coding required for a machine to operate like a human with all our nuances is next to impossible and makes coding for the google search engine seem like a piece of cake. 

17 hours ago, sidnaq said:

or tech? plz give reasons...

"The student can't outsmart the teacher/master" Just as simple as this. 

15 hours ago, starlight said:

Because the brain was created by Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and computers are man made. 

School Teacher Speaking:  l Iike that, BUT it does not address the question. Fanciful 'thinking' will not be tolerated in this here class.  :D

Here is an example of why the human brain is better that a computer.

Do a google search.

You will get far more unrelated and irrelevant "hits' than any imaginative mind can possibly come-up with.

The other day, as l posted elsewhere (Thoughts, p.83), part of my search was for a particular state. Several other states dominated the 'results'.

Any human that answered like that would be 'committed' into a mental institution.

the answer to that question is simple, all the results and calculations of the computer are based on previously thought or related thinking of the brain and cross referencing them in ways the mind might not do naturally due to their unforeseen contexts relations

but the brain is actually the one to bring into light the things which were previously not seen and only then can the computer have a go at them 

for example a computer will not find new relationships of numbers outside of the previously accumulated relationships of numbers i.e linear or quadratic etc 

but the brain has the ability to find new relationships based on new information or new ways of thinking that is discovered that was previously unknown or had no meaning , the computer cant make new discoveries because all of its programming is based on inputed data that is accepted as data and accepted as ways of thinking, meaning data has to have human understanding and acceptance before it can have useful representation in a computer

so the definition of data has to be already confirmed by a brain before it can be used by a computer otherwise it has no meaning 

and all this A.I talk is nonsense, A.I is no intelligence of any kind , because all of the things which a computer knows has to be programmed to be known, it cant make sense of any of it on its own , the only difference is that sometimes computers are programmed in such a way to give the impression as if it has intelligence tot he user , but in reality it has no idea what is going on and without a human user it is meaningless 

From the OP: Could the Brain be better than a computer?

Conversely, Could the Computer be better than a brain?

Here is a example of Machine Learning defeating CAPTCHA:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/10/inspired-by-brains-visual-cortex-new-ai-utterly-wrecks-captcha-security/ 

Hierarchy Levels for learning.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

From the OP: Could the Brain be better than a computer?

Conversely, Could the Computer be better than a brain?

Here is a example of Machine Learning defeating CAPTCHA:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/10/inspired-by-brains-visual-cortex-new-ai-utterly-wrecks-captcha-security/ 

Hierarchy Levels for learning.

Yes. But since I assume you are a married man, or perhaps not, I cannot even begin to imagine how to program AI to feel the feelings humans feel during intercourse along with orgasm and the feelings a parent has towards their child. I even dare say we as humans will never be able to truly give the gift of orgasm, pleasure during intercourse, and the intense love of our own children to AI and robots. 

Thus I say any married man or woman with children should know of several things that an AI and robot even 500 years in the future will never truly be able to experience. And it is these things that we muslims should be glad to all have the ability to experience. I say Muslims Because muslims don't have the concept of "forever alone" and a Muslim guy or girl desperate enough and old enough who did not succeed in finding a guy or girl on their own to marry will as a last resort marry someone from "back home" as it were.