Muhammed Ali

Nouman Ali Khan was always overrated

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Muhammed Ali said:

It's a good time to say it.

Why did so many shia put him on a pedestal when he clearly wasn’t very intelligent and he lacked akhlaq? Couldn’t you see it?

what shia put him on a pedestal. when i came to support i may not have seen it.,this supportive attitiude comes from the sunni. which shias here were putting him on a pedestal, i dont think so?!!

1 hour ago, sidnaq said:

no he is a sunni, why, will you end up listening to him less?

I asked because I thought he was a shia , and now because of this topic started to ask my self if he is.

It is a fact though if somebody is shia or sunni. And I do not listen with the same mindset to a learned sunni as a shia. 

2 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

Why did so many shia put him on a pedestal when he clearly wasn’t very intelligent and he lacked akhlaq? Couldn’t you see it?

Where he lacked akhlaq? 

:salam:

I don't think he was that overrated at all. He is able to dumb down Qur'anic concepts and verses, and make them relatable for an audience that doesn't know any classical Arabic, let alone anything about the Qur'an. Of course we may not accept his initial understanding of the Qur'anic concepts to begin with, but as far as his skills are concerned, he is definitely unique and good at it.

Wasalam

He wasn't for me personally, but I know many people who have benefited from his talks. I don't think he claimed to be a scholar (correct me if I'm wrong), he's a preacher/speaker that, like our speakers, will have some good and some bad.

One of the difficulties of public speaking is that most people will look at you with disdain simply for opening your mouth or sitting on a minbar. You must be ready to have your looks, style, voice, lecture content, and pronunciation criticized. There's as much shaykh-hatred as there is shaykh-worship. There is also jealousy. So now there's all these people who are celebrating NAK's downfall, people that have questionable histories themselves, as a way to "get back" at the Muslim community.

1 minute ago, Hassan- said:

Salam, what do you mean his downfall, what did he do?

Since the accusations are sensitive you'll have to google his name, people have been talking about it for a couple weeks now.

16 hours ago, Qa'im said:

There's as much shaykh-hatred as there is shaykh-worship. 

I highly doubt that, at least within the muslim community.  There is far more shaykh worship out there.

Edited by King

13 minutes ago, King said:

I highly doubt that, at least within the muslim community.  There is far more shaykh worship out there.

Maybe in the subcontinent, but even that's starting to change. 

On 10/4/2017 at 10:00 PM, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

I asked because I thought he was a shia , and now because of this topic started to ask my self if he is.

It is a fact though if somebody is shia or sunni. And I do not listen with the same mindset to a learned sunni as a shia. 

i dont understand you, you mean youve never heard him ,or you have heard of him? have you lsitened to his speeches.I wonder if shias listen to sunnis anyway

Nouman Ali Khan is an orator who has been blessed with remarkable eloquence Macha'Allah.

The simplicity of his speech and the quality of the topics he chooses for his Khutbas sway the hearts of Muslims around the globe. There's no reason to raise a controversy about him, just let him be. 

On 10/4/2017 at 7:13 PM, Muhammed Ali said:

His video Satans Honeytrap is no longer funny. :censored: