ZethaPonderer

Tafaseer of Surah 37:83 and Surah 28:15:

Rate this topic

In the Name of Allah/Ellah, The Most Beneficent, The Most Merciful.

I posted this topic to seek knowledge and differing perspectives to further my understanding. Nothing more nothing less.

Mainly I'm starting this topic because I've encountered a particular Arabic term in Surah As-Saffat 37:83 and Surah 28:15 where the term 'Shia-Tehi' is being used in the Quran's original Arabic format.

Here are the original verses. Don't mind the translations from the images since I had difficulties finding images to copy-pasting these ayats in their original version,

Surah As-Saffat, Ayat 83 bolded in red

Image result for surah 37:83 image

Surah Al-Qasas, Ayat 15

Image result for surah 28:15 image

Notice how there is a strange term being mentioned. Pronounciation is, Shee-ah-Tehi or Shia-Tehi. What does this term mean and why is this particular term translated in so many different ways. What is the context?

What I know of the terminology of Shia: party, follower, sect, kind, friend. Any other meanings behind the term 'Shia'?

Does this mean that Prophet Abraham/Ibrahim (AS) belonged in the Party of Prophet Noah/Nuh (AS) based on Ayat 83? Similarly those who belonged in the party of Prophet Moses/Musa (AS), the term 'Shee-ah-Tehi' is being used in Surah Al-Qasas Ayat 15. What is the context behind Allah using this terminology to define the followers of Prophet Moses/Musa (AS) and even stating Prophet Abraham/Ibrahim (AS) with the term 'Shee-ah-Tehi'?

I would like to see a Tafaseer behind these two ayats in the Quran from both Sunni and Shia perspectives.

Because the argument that Zakir Naik brings about the term 'Shia' never being mentioned in the Quran is a straight up LIE based on the facts of what the original Arabic version of the Quran entails.