Mishael

Is it normal to cling to Polythiesm?

Rate this topic

Even though I embraced Christianity I still found myself very sympathetic to Paganism in a way I couldn't bare to even get rid of the Idol of Rudā the pagan Goddess of Najd. I still practice magic and I tend to mix the two faiths sometimes. Why is it that I cling to this faith so much even though it's a dead faith that no longer exists seeing as mohammed broke all the idols and most Arabs became Muslim, any help?

سبحان الله

Verily,

The interest in a religion,

Is not equal to the worship of it,

Verily,

The thoughtless choise of religion,

Is not equal to the worship of it.

Well, my suggestion is this, start by asking yourself what is the value of the idol to you. Then read the Ten Commandments, especially the first one:

"You shall have no other gods before Me. "You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.… (Exodus 20:3-4)

What does this mean to you? If you are a sincere member of any of the Abrahamic beliefs, you'll get rid of Ruda no problem and without hesitation.

That piece of rock is that, just a rock. It cant hear your prayers, Mishael. Perhaps you are unsure as to what to believe in? Personally, I think you chose Christianity for the wrong reasons, don't follow what your ancestors followed, follow the truth.

"You shall make for yourself no molten gods." (Exodus 34:17)

Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves molten gods; I am the LORD your God.  (Leviticus 19:4)

You shall not make for yourselves idols, nor shall you set up for yourselves an image or a sacred pillar, nor shall you place a figured stone in your land to bow down to it; for I am the LORD your God. (Leviticus 26:1)

Cursed is the man who makes an idol or a molten image, an abomination to the LORD, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and sets it up in secret.' And all the people shall answer and say, 'Amen.' (Deut. 27:15)

This is all in the Bible, Mishael. ^ Are you sure that you didn't convert to Christianity because you were sick of the Saudi version of Islam? Just destroy Ruda and be done with it. This wouldn't be a issue if you read the Bible.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

4 hours ago, Mishael said:

Even though I embraced Christianity I still found myself very sympathetic to Paganism in a way I couldn't bare to even get rid of the Idol of Rudā the pagan Goddess of Najd. I still practice magic and I tend to mix the two faiths sometimes. Why is it that I cling to this faith so much even though it's a dead faith that no longer exists seeing as mohammed broke all the idols and most Arabs became Muslim, any help?

Such beliefs will leave you in confusion. 

9 hours ago, Mishael said:

Magic doesn't work. It's in the Qur'an that Allah called it "false devices" - (7:117) Then We directed Moses: 'Now you throw your rod.' And lo! it swallowed up all their false devices

____

You need to start pondering that that All Power came from God. And the Miracles of Prophet Musa (a.s) was because God was directing Moses (a.s) as "conduit" for His wonders. Those Idols are man made, so ask yourself who made those idols ? Was the Idol self created, if it is made by man what good can do to me?

Abraham had been in his father’s idol shop many times. It was a family business. Terah, Abraham’s father, inherited it from his father – who in turn had inherited it from his father before him. The designs for the idols sold there had been passed down from father to son for several generations. Though each added some new idols – the historic ones always seemed most in demand.

As it is in most family businesses, everyone had to help. There was much work to be done. To ensure a profit the family helped out when they could. Displays had to be set up, floors swept, records maintained, bills paid, and purchases delivered. For the most part, Abraham was responsible for delivering the idols. Terah would help Abraham load the idols upon a sturdy wooden cart and Abraham would pull it to the homes of those who had made recent purchases. Once at their home – the family would eagerly assist Abraham at removing the idol from the cart, carrying it to the special place they had selected, and erecting it with the kind of respect and devotion deserving of an idol.

Typically, Abraham would just shake his head and leave without uttering a word. He could not understand why people purchased idols – and he was dumbfounded by reverence which they demonstrated towards the sculptures. Abraham knew how the idols were made – in fact he had helped. For him, the idols were simply stone…with eyes that could not see, ears that could not hear, mouths that could not speak, feet that could not move. But, still people would come to his father’s shop – respectfully exploring the idols and choosing the one which most moved them.

Terah had always avoided leaving Abraham alone in the shop, because he knew of Abraham’s disdain for idols and those who would purchase them. But, at times, Terah had no choice, as on this day when pressing business on the other side of town demanded his immediate attention. He left his son alone in the store.

A sense of dread came over Terah as he approached the store – he knew something was wrong. His steps quickened; nervously, Terah hurried to learn what had happened. As he entered his shop, the shop that once belonged to his father and his grandfather, he could not believe his eyes. It had been destroyed – displays were overturned, walls had holes in them, counters were on their sides, and all the idols were broken. Idols that had once been magnificent were now shattered pieces of stone. As Abraham stepped out from the back room – Terah asked, “who did this horrible thing? Who hated me and my family so much they that would destroy our shop and thus our livelihood?”

Abraham hesitated before answering, “the largest idol did it – he took a hammer and destroyed the others before I could stop and destroy him.” “Son, do you take me for a fool?” Terah shouted, “these are nothing but stone creations – you destroyed our shop – you destroyed our family’s future!”

“If you know that they are but stone,” asked Abraham, “why do you sell them – why do you allow people to believe that they are more than just sculpted rock?”

“It is not my place to take from people that which they hold dear,” answered Terah, “I am here to give them what they ask for even though I myself do not believe that what they want is of value.”

“That is a sham,” declared Abraham, “that is deceitful and dishonest – I will not be a part of such a charade. I will leave this place – I will not return.”

With that said, Abraham left his home, his family, and his past. He began his journey – vowing never to allow the idols of the past to be his security for the future.

16 hours ago, Mishael said:

:bismillah:

:salam:

Paganism and idolatry started with Sumerians, they were the ones first started to make idols and made a creed that "god" is IN this idol, why would an almighty God be in a silent idol? Why would there be 1000000 God? Do they need help of others? Or they themselves can do everything? In that case Gods will be in a conflict, and so humanity will be destructed. Sumerians built the first idol and called it "god".

Imagine 2 Gods, a god for the rain and 1 for the agriculture, the god of the rain wants it to rain, but the god of the agriculture doesn't want it, they will have a conflict and it seems 100% illogical, God rather is one, the most merciful and beneficent, exalted he is, is there any partner with him? No! all religions and regions were monotheist till people internally made such kufr stem from religions.

For example Arabia the land of Hejaz was monotheist, you know? Mecca was a monotheistic city so for Yathrib/Medina, till 'Amr ibn Luhay brought idols from Syria, and that can stem from for example:

1-Little to no Prophets were sent to Arabia since Ibrahim and Ismael [as], almost 2400 years, and so the people were very "influenced" or strongly rooted to their religion and they followed 'Amr.

He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him.[Qur'an 59:23] 

Instead of Gods, they were angels in the first religion(monotheistic). The universe like a sand particle in his hand(metaphor)

I invited you my brother to monotheism, Allah gave us brains/hearts so we can think wisely and search for the truth, the truth itself is God, "The 1 God" Who is that? Allah! Exalted he is.

والسلام على من اتبع الهدى

Sometimes I suspect or I'm about 70% sure that my gods are Jinn since I've seen them in my dreams and they have at times answered my prayers many Muslims also told me that they are Jinn.

1 hour ago, Mishael said:

Sometimes I suspect or I'm about 70% sure that my gods are Jinn since I've seen them in my dreams and they have at times answered my prayers many Muslims also told me that they are Jinn.

I am at least 95% sure that you are dealing with something like Jinns. Just because something answers your prayers doesn't mean it is from God. Stay far away from Al-Sa'eer and Ruda, not to diminish Christianity but it does tend to lend itself and get mixed up with "white magic", Wicca and has pagan overtones. Christianity with spells and divination is a thing in the US.

1 hour ago, Mishael said:

I follow polytheism yet also Christianity although my birth religion was Islam.

In my opinion go back to Islam, I been reading your posts and it seems that you are more confused than you were before you decided to be Christian. In fact, I don't think you know what it actually means to be Christian, religion is not a game. The phrase "Thou shalt not have other gods before Me", includes idols of any sort. Did you honestly think the Bible was simply the New Testament?

2 hours ago, M.IB said:

Paganism and idolatry started with Sumerians, they were the ones first started to make idols and made a creed that "god" is IN this idol, why would an almighty God be in a silent idol?

@Mishael Not to mention, the Sumerians feared their idol gods, you cannot follow a religion based in fear and one based on hope at the same time. Doesn't make any sense and is hypocritical.

17 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Well I never feared my gods usually Muslims fear Allah I think of my gods as my parents.

If they fear Allah the something is wrong, they are actually doing something wrong to fear Him. If they fear Allah is because they have this feelings of fear inside them.

10 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Well I never feared my gods usually Muslims fear Allah I think of my gods as my parents.

Your parents are the only parents you have though, see you arent really a Christian, you still refer God in the plural. One also doesn't need to humanize God to have a good relationship with Him.

17 minutes ago, Mishael said:

I always seemed to think of god as many even when I was small one god never made sense to me.

Then why did you embrace Christianity if that how you genuinely feel? It is still a monotheistic religion. The hopping around between idols, Ismailism and Christianity makes sense but not monotheism, right.

An interest in religion does not mean you should worship a different religion everyday.

28 minutes ago, Mishael said:

I always seemed to think of god as many even when I was small one god never made sense to me.

Yet bowing to an idol you made by yourself makes sense?

11 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

An interest in religion does not mean you should worship a different religion everyday.

100% agree.

Edited by M.IB