Jump to content
Mohamed1993

Which masum would you meet?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

If you had a choice to meet any of the 14 masumeen, which one would you choose? What would you ask them? What would you talk about? Would you be too dumbfounded to even talk? I'm not even a fan of hugs, but it would definitely be the longest hug I've given someone by a long stretch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Imam of our time (ajf).

I would give him my bayah in person and ask him for instructions and tell him that we are all waiting for him and that the world needs him to come and avenge the blood of Hussein(as) and rid us from all these yazeeds(la).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mohamed1993 said:

If you had a choice to meet any of the 14 masumeen, which one would you choose? What would you ask them? What would you talk about? Would you be too dumbfounded to even talk? I'm not even a fan of hugs, but it would definitely be the longest hug I've given someone by a long stretch. 

I cant pick one so first Rasoolalah, then Imam Ali and then Imam Mahdi. I would kiss all their feet and hug them for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

I cant pick one so first Rasoolalah, then Imam Ali and then Imam Mahdi. I would kiss all their feet and hug them for a long time.

Which is why sisters are oppressed, because they can't do any hugging and kissing of Prophet SA, Imams AS or their marja HA. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hz. Fatima Zahra SA....

...and then I'll just sit on her door and wait and wait because I know Prophet S visits her every day and all Imams return to her because she is the center of them all (Hadith Kisa)

This way I'll meet all of them AS eventually InshAllah ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the most difficult question to answer.

I would wanna meet Imam Zayn-Al-Abidin(as). I would ask him to teach me the proper way to talk to Allah. I would try to learn a dua from him which will guarantee my sins to be forgiven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

If you had a choice to meet any of the 14 masumeen, which one would you choose? What would you ask them? What would you talk about? Would you be too dumbfounded to even talk? I'm not even a fan of hugs, but it would definitely be the longest hug I've given someone by a long stretch. 

Imam Hussain a.s to kiss his feet. I know that Imam Hussain a.s is center of all Ahlebait a.s. First, I kiss his feet and weep and say I won't separate till my heart weeps for you to full. When I stand and if I am able to talk which I don't think I will be but I will request his highness that God has vowed not to reject your prayers so pray that I live forever as your lover and I may have opportunity to visit all Ahlebait a.s everyday. Insha-Allah, in Heaven I will request this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Which is why sisters are oppressed, because they can't do any hugging and kissing of Prophet SA, Imams AS or their marja HA. :( 

If you are a descendant of the prophet-s- then you are mahram to him. If you are not, then if your husband is, you are a great great ..... grand daughter_in_law of the prophet -s-and therefore you are mahram to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably would choose the prophet-s-because I think he is the most knowledgeable one. And I would ask him too many questions including the ones below:

Why didnt God give more wisedom and less lust to humans so they would sin less?

How many creatures did He create? Did he start creating? Will he continue creating after the Day of Judgement?

Is the universe unlimited? If yes, how is it possible?

Is the hell such terrible?

Did you really go to heavens? What was it like?

How old was Aisha when you married her?

Some questions about the history

And some questions about physical pain in children and animals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, shadow_of_light said:

If you are a descendant of the prophet-s- then you are mahram to him. If you are not, then if your husband is, you are a great great ..... grand daughter_in_law of the prophet -s-and therefore you are mahram to him.

My husband's grandmother was a Syeda, may Allah bless her and raise her status in Jannah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shadow_of_light said:

So your husband is a descendant of the Prophet(s) and you must be mahram to him. Am I right?

My husband said he is not syed because only those who are syed through their fathers and grandfathers are syed. :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

I probably would choose the prophet-s-because I think he is the most knowledgeable one. And I would ask him too many questions including the ones below:

Why didnt God give more wisedom and less lust to humans so they would sin less?

How many creatures did He create? Did he start creating? Will he continue creating after the Day of Judgement?

Is the universe unlimited? If yes, how is it possible?

Is the hell such terrible?

Did you really go to heavens? What was it like?

How old was Aisha when you married her?

Some questions about the history

And some questions about physical pain in children and animals

Too many questions, I think you would forget such questions on seeing the person who was praised by God. As I believe that heaven and Prophet Muhammad pbuhhp are two great creations among other creations praised by God in Quran.  Meanwhile, I was thinking of these questions and have following answers according to my mind.

1. God gave humans everything in proper measure that's what said in Quran: "We have created everything with proper measure". If humans could only do goodness, they would have been angels and would not achieve complete Marifah of God which became apparent when God created human with choice and now angels know that in disobedience of God, lies humiliation.

2. He did not start nor will end creating. Imam Ali a.s says God is unchanging and starting something means He AWJ was idle but it's not the case and since God is unchanging so it could not be thought to have started or ended. If he didn't create anything physical, He was creating intangibles.

3. Nothing is unlimited except might of Allah AWJ.

4. Those for whom Allah says they are bad, they are really really bad such as Iblis and also hell which Allah called as bad place.

5. He really went to Heaven but about feelings He pbuhhp would probably would smile at you first and would say something beautiful and thoughtful.

6. She was capable of being married because responsibilities are placed due to capability and subjecting to responsibility without capability is compulsion and duress and Allah says: "There is no compulsion in islam". Probably, he pbuhhp would ask you to recite surah Nisah where it is written that "marry orphans when they have attained their puberty or capable age".

7 & 8. Hmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

This question had me crying and reading your answers made me very emotional. 

I don't know how to put this in words, but whenever we visit any of the m3soumeen we take permission from them to allow us to visit them and enter.

All 14 are doors to Allah swt.  I get very scared and cry because if I knock on their door and they don't want to answer me.  What if they turn me down and don't want to see me?

I have went for ziyarat Sayyida Fatima m3souma and Imam Ali ibn Moussa Reza.  I was given the tawfeeq to be allowed inside.  I felt in complete awe and tranquility, like I had no worry or problem in the world.  I wasn't thinking of anyone, not myself, family except during du32 I would mention them.  I could careless of the food, my sleeping arrangements, I was offline during my whole ziyarat.  Imam Ali Reza and his sister were very kind to me.  I envy the birds who are always in close proximity to them.

I love Rasoul Allah so much. During his childhood, youth, adult life was he ever without trial or tribulation?  Always something happened to him.  He persevered until his dying breath.

Sayyida az Zahra , when I say her name, my heart trembles.  That every member of her family was killed and Sayyida Zaynab lived to witness every death. She had to live it all and go on living.  My lady died so young in a matter of less than 20 years she completed everything and left a legacy.  Who can do that besides Sayyida Fatimah?  Her father the best of men and her husband the father of the Imams, the bravest, most humble, courageous warrior and no one else could have been Fatimah's companion except him.

God help me to raise my children to instill the love of Rasoul Allah Mohammad and his household.  To teach them to be like Habib ibn Mudthahar and to love Rasoul Allah and his family more than their parents.  

Brother Mohammad, I have knots in my stomach I can't answer this question.  I'm afraid, I do not know if I have m3rifat, I need to work on myself it is an ongoing struggle, my nafis defeats me at times.  One day I hope through the mercy of Allah and all 14 m3soumeen intercede and help me defeat this nafis and cleanse my heart and be free of spiritual diseases so I can meet Allah swt and reach what Jon reached.  So that maybe, just maybe Imam Hussain will allow me to be in his presence and visit me in my grave. 

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

504 gateway error and shuts down, makes double posts every time I get on sc

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Edited by Laayla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

Too many questions, I think you would forget such questions on seeing the person who was praised by God. As I believe that heaven and Prophet Muhammad pbuhhp are two great creations among other creations praised by God in Quran.  Meanwhile, I was thinking of these questions and have following answers according to my mind.

 

Maybe as you said I would forget. Once I had a very strange vivid dream  (I dont know if I can have trust in it or it was just a dream) in which I saw a very holy man whose face was so heavenly, charismatic, shiny and special that ordinary people look ugly before him. He was smily and seemed very kind. In my dream I felt that he was an Imam but I dont know who he was in reality. And I didnt ask him any question. I just said something else. The dream was so vivid that after I woke up, I could remember the scene and his face very well but now, after more than 1 year I have forgotten it somewhat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

Too many questions, I think you would forget such questions on seeing the person who was praised by God. As I believe that heaven and Prophet Muhammad pbuhhp are two great creations among other creations praised by God in Quran.  Meanwhile, I was thinking of these questions and have following answers according to my mind.

1. God gave humans everything in proper measure that's what said in Quran: "We have created everything with proper measure". If humans could only do goodness, they would have been angels and would not achieve complete Marifah of God which became apparent when God created human with choice and now angels know that in disobedience of God, lies humiliation.

2. He did not start nor will end creating. Imam Ali a.s says God is unchanging and starting something means He AWJ was idle but it's not the case and since God is unchanging so it could not be thought to have started or ended. If he didn't create anything physical, He was creating intangibles.

3. Nothing is unlimited except might of Allah AWJ.

4. Those for whom Allah says they are bad, they are really really bad such as Iblis and also hell which Allah called as bad place.

5. He really went to Heaven but about feelings He pbuhhp would probably would smile at you first and would say something beautiful and thoughtful.

6. She was capable of being married because responsibilities are placed due to capability and subjecting to responsibility without capability is compulsion and duress and Allah says: "There is no compulsion in islam". Probably, he pbuhhp would ask you to recite surah Nisah where it is written that "marry orphans when they have attained their puberty or capable age".

7 & 8. Hmmmmm

Thank you for trying to give answers to my questions. However, these answers dont convince me. Not because your answers are not correct. Maybe you are quite right but I cannot easily convince myself.

By the way, if universe is limited then it ends somewhere. So what is beyond it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If God didnt start creating (i.e He is always in the state of creating) and wont stop it, it means that the number of creatures is infinie. But I cant understand how it can be possible.

By the way, I dont deny the story of Mi'raj. I just want to know more about it and how it happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

This question had me crying and reading your answers made me very emotional. 

I don't know how to put this in words, but whenever we visit any of the m3soumeen we take permission from them to allow us to visit them and enter.

All 14 are doors to Allah swt.  I get very scared and cry because if I knock on their door and they don't want to answer me.  What if they turn me down and don't want to see me?

I have went for ziyarat Sayyida Fatima m3souma and Imam Ali ibn Moussa Reza.  I was given the tawfeeq to be allowed inside.  I felt in complete awe and tranquility, like I had no worry or problem in the world.  I wasn't thinking of anyone, not myself, family except during du32 I would mention them.  I could careless of the food, my sleeping arrangements, I was offline during my whole ziyarat.  Imam Ali Reza and his sister were very kind to me.  I envy the birds who are always in close proximity to them.

I love Rasoul Allah so much. During his childhood, youth, adult life was he ever without trial or tribulation?  Always something happened to him.  He persevered until his dying breath.

Sayyida az Zahra , when I say her name, my heart trembles.  That every member of her family was killed and Sayyida Zaynab lived to witness every death. She had to live it all and go on living.  My lady died so young in a matter of less than 20 years she completed everything and left a legacy.  Who can do that besides Sayyida Fatimah?  Her father the best of men and her husband the father of the Imams, the bravest, most humble, courageous warrior and no one else could have been Fatimah's companion except him.

God help me to raise my children to instill the love of Rasoul Allah Mohammad and his household.  To teach them to be like Habib ibn Mudthahar and to love Rasoul Allah and his family more than their parents.  

Brother Mohammad, I have knots in my stomach I can't answer this question.  I'm afraid, I do not know if I have m3rifat, I need to work on myself it is an ongoing struggle, my nafis defeats me at times.  One day I hope through the mercy of Allah and all 14 m3soumeen intercede and help me defeat this nafis and cleanse my heart and be free of spiritual diseases so I can meet Allah swt and reach what Jon reached.  So that maybe, just maybe Imam Hussain will allow me to be in his presence and visit me in my grave. 

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

 

Your comment was so humble that I feel how impudent I was that I said "I would probably choose..."!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

    • Guest WestSide Story
      Looking for testimonials of being married to someone with different level of practicing Islam (Shia Islam specifically). Moderate woman to not so moderate man. Scenerio: Individually both have compatibility. Looking at them their are no apparent differences. They are happy. Neither drink.  But only one eats halal. One comes from a moderate practicing family and one from a family that has little distinction from western lifestyle and some of the family members drink but live elsewhere. Both individuals have older kids. Can it be a succesful second marriage? 
    • https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjKjJuLttTXAhXNI1AKHbmwCnkQFghbMAk&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.slideshare.net%2Fhuseinmhanna%2Fthe-structure-of-the-universe&usg=AOvVaw1u9CB07-W2u5JxwR-e2HWP http://qfatima.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/tawheed.pdf
    • Feminists typically use terms like "male-dominated culture" so I just wanted to ask if you are a feminist. Also patriarchy is not inherently bad. No matter how you look at it Islam promotes a form of a patriarchal society. So just so you know. However I am not defending the patriarchy of Desi culture. Which is what we are talking about. I am advocating the patriarchy of an Ideal Shia Islamic social society (Yes these have existed historically to various extents).    Also I have seen housewives who can cook a mean paratta and clean well and still they are degraded by not only other women but by men, who tend to gravitate towards free-loving women. They are not appreciated by men as well. I am talking of the West, so I will let others respond on how accurate your statements are about the east. Something tells me you are still projecting and exaggerating.    Again, when you use the word "men" you are referring to a specific type of men. So don't generalize like the OP did. Also modesty is also a concern as well. I have seen this and I can give anecdotes as well to prove this. But let us not play the anecdote game. You would be surprised what western Muslim women, especially in college, get up to. So let us not pretend Muslim women are angels. Remember, for every Muslims man who fornicates there is often times another Muslim woman willing to do it with them. So don't think it is a "guy" issue, it is also a gal issue as well. Also there may be more reasons than the ones you and I listed too as to why an eastern man wants to marry a western woman, but it has everything to do with the guy trying to "make-up" for his guilty conscious and it may manifest in ways such as he thinking he can make it up by having his wife cook and clean (in a weird and twisted way, after all humans are psychologically complex creatures). But your cynical explanation makes it sound is as if Muslimah are dainty little flowers who earn money through a job and when they get married their hubby goes all Hollywood mustache twirling villain on them, or goes Ape on them out of nowhere. This is an incredibly naive and biased analysis and only ends up creating more questions rather than answering them.     Also you just answered your question. Replace men with "cultural Desi men". But you saying "men" is generalizing and I can also name "hundreds of examples" that run counter to yours. As can anyone here. No one here is defending Desi (primarily hindu influenced culture). But you seem to think we are.   On a tangential note Muslims nowadays are willing to blame Islam rather than Hindus for the defiencies that are present in Desi culture. Despite the fact that most of the deleterious behaviors of Desi culture had its origins in ancient Hindu culture that ancient Muslims picked up on. "Purdah" is a famous example of something that quite likely originated amongst  and was widely propagated  by Hindu culture and that Muslims adopted as well but tend to confuse with Islam in incorrect ways (the state of the prophets wives was not the same of a random Muslim woman back then and now,  most scholars agree on this).    Also you went on a tangent about working and being modest. Read my first post on the topic to know that Muslim women ALWAYS worked for 1400+ years in some job or another but had time for their family and household responsibilities. Even Umar Ibn al Khattab of all people hired a woman as "head of market operations ".  And above all else these Muslim women only thought of their job as a job and never let their job or income define them. I don't care if you earn money or not. You are not special or free or liberated or any other adjective you can name. And historically Muslim women used to be doctors way back even in the 1000s but never used to let their career define them. Except that they heal people. But modern day feminism does define a womans worth by her income and somehow she is "not tame" because she earns money. That is laughable. Sister "notme" did a good job of explaining the problem with people like you and your motivations to work. 
    • Sermon 1: Praise is due to Allah whose worth cannot be described…. In this sermon he recalls the creation of Earth and Sky and the creation of Adam and in it he mentions the Hajj Praise is due to Allah whose worth cannot be described by speakers, whose bounties cannot be counted by calculators and whose claim (to obedience) cannot be satisfied by those who attempt to do so, whom the height of intellectual courage cannot appreciate, and the divings of understanding cannot reach; He for whose description no limit has been laid down, no eulogy exists, no time is ordained and no duration is fixed. He brought forth creation through His Omnipotence, dispersed winds through His Compassion, and made firm the shaking earth with rocks. https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-1-sermons/sermon-1-praise-due-Allah-whose-worth-cannot-be-described#creation-universe
    • https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=90&ContentID=P02630 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primitive_reflexes http://islamic-laws.com/eatinghabbit.htm According to the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.), inviting relatives, friends and neighbours for a dinner (Valeema) is sunnat on five occasions - Marriage, Aqiqa (first shaving of the child's head), Khatna (circumcision), when one has bought a new house or made a new house and lastly, when a visitor returns from travel. For Vegeterians Unless they choose a proper balance of foods, strict vegetarians are at risk for several deficiencies, especially vitamin B12. The other nutrients at risk are riboflavin, calcium, iron, and the essential amino acids lysine and methionine. Vegetarian children not exposed to sunlight are at risk for vitamin D deficiency. Zinc deficiency can occur in vegans because the phytic acid in whole grains binds zinc, and there is little zinc in fruits and vegetables. Since B12 is present only in animal foods and a limited number of specially fortified foods, vegans should probably take B12 supplements prescribed by a physician. Further, the symptoms of vegetarianism may include protein deficiency, amino acid and mineral depletion coupled with chronic low levels of energy. Another tradition describes green kasni leaves as a very good vegetable. Not a single leaf of kasni is devoid of a drop of water of heaven and therefore when one eats one should not shake it. It is also stated that kasni leaves (endive) are superior to all vegetables in the same manner as Ahlul Bait (a.s.) are superior to all mankind. Kasni leaves when eaten cause birth of male children who are also beautiful. When a person was ill with fever and headache, the Imam (a.s.) asked kasni leaves to be beaten in pulp, spread on paper, and sprinkled with oil of banafsha and then applied on the forehead of that person as it will completely cure both the fever and the headache.   The effects of eating Behi (quince), as stated by Hazrat Ali (a.s.), are the following: a)      Strengthens weak heart b)      Causes increase in weight c)      Cleans the stomach d)      Increases reason e)      Makes a man courageous   According to Imam Ja'far-e-Sadiq (a.s.), eating Behi (quince) improves complexion and causes beautiful children. When a person complained to Imam Reza (a.s.) of having few children, he (a.s.) asked him to eat egg with onion.
×