Rate this topic

Salaam,

Within 50 years of the Prophet's (saw) demise, his grandson gets brutally killed in Karbala along with his family and friends. The Prophet's (saw) progeny is made captive, dragged across the Ummah's domain and imprisoned.

One would think that every single Muslim would ask this question - what happened?

Instead, all we get are fingers pointed at us about how not to remember the Progeny of the Prophet (saw).

Based on the Sunni propensity for violence over cartoons and movies, is it going too far to say that my sunni brothers would have held protests,cried foul and screamed for justice if Yazeed's forces just drew cartoons of the Progeny of the Prophet (saw)? At the very least, my sunnis brothers would have asked, "What happened?"

This is the greatest example of duality that when someone's relative die, they cry for him or her but when the grandson of Prophet was martyred whom Prophet PBUHHP said that he is from me and I am from him and the prophet for whom whole Muslim Ummah witnesses that yes they are beloved to us more than our parents, they ask such silly questions 

Many Sunnis do cry and remember the tragedy of Karbala. I don't like to generalize.

It is the modern day Salafis who have pain in their stomach when mentioning the sacrifice of Imam Hussein(as). I think their terrorist leader, Ibn Tamiyyah has spread so much hatred towards Shias, that Salafis refuse to even see this sacrifice as being important.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

6 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Salaam,

Within 50 years of the Prophet's (saw) demise, his grandson gets brutally killed in Karbala along with his family and friends. The Prophet's (saw) progeny is made captive, dragged across the Ummah's domain and imprisoned.

One would think that every single Muslim would ask this question - what happened?

Instead, all we get are fingers pointed at us about how not to remember the Progeny of the Prophet (saw).

Based on the Sunni propensity for violence over cartoons and movies, is it going too far to say that my sunni brothers would have held protests,cried foul and screamed for justice if Yazeed's forces just drew cartoons of the Progeny of the Prophet (saw)? At the very least, my sunnis brothers would have asked, "What happened?"

Sunnis secretly accept Muawiyah and Yazid Caliphate so you cant really expect them to understand. Also we have to consider the fact that Wahabism emerged from Sunnism. Wahabis dont really oppress Sunnis but they hate us so much.

7 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Salaam,

The roots of Kerbela lies in the event of Saqeefa where the prophet saww hadith thaqlayn ie two weighty things first one book of Allah and the other pure progeny of the prophet (Ahl albayat) were neglected and deprived on their rights.

Ummah kept his eyes closed then and now mostly followers of Umayad including salafi and wahabis (not all sunnis)  have kept their eyes closed from the crimes of najdi wahabi and their government.

Remembrance of Imam Husain and his companions is the duty every muslim has to follow as per instruction of the Quran as per verse of muwaddat fil qurba (42:23).

wasalam

2 hours ago, skyweb1987 said:

The roots of Kerbela lies in the event of Saqeefa

I believe the roots of Karbala lies in the victory of islam over the kafirs of Mecca and with the people who had to join islam because of it reluctantly.

They couldnt revenge on Rasulullah(S) so they took it out on his family(as).

Edited by IbnSina

16 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Many Sunnis do cry and remember the tragedy of Karbala. I don't like to generalize.

It is the modern day Salafis who have pain in their stomach when mentioning the sacrifice of Imam Hussein(as). I think their terrorist leader, Ibn Tamiyyah has spread so much hatred towards Shias, that Salafis refuse to even see this sacrifice as being important.

I am also talking about those who say don't cry.

11 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Sunnis secretly accept Muawiyah and Yazid Caliphate so you cant really expect them to understand. Also we have to consider the fact that Wahabism emerged from Sunnism. Wahabis dont really oppress Sunnis but they hate us so much.

It's not like that there are among sunnis many good people who love Hussain a.s as we do. Quran says:"Don't be unjust towards others due to your difference in belief".

It is Salafis who have tenderness towards Muawiya but not other ordinary sunnis.

12 hours ago, IbnSina said:

I believe the roots of Karbala lies in the victory of islam over the kafirs of Mecca and with the people who had to join islam because of it reluctantly.

You are a bit diplomatic here  i consider the roots lies at Saqeefa that paved the way to caliphate of those you are referring above. ie ummayad.

13 hours ago, IbnSina said:

I was just thinking this a couple of nights ago.

Regardless of which Imam it was, Yazeed would have done the exact same thing. And even if it was the Prophet (saw), Yazeed would have done exactly what he did.

35 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

You are a bit diplomatic here  i consider the roots lies at Saqeefa that paved the way to caliphate of those you are referring above. ie ummayad.

I read brother @IbnSina's comments differently but I guess only he can clarify what he meant. I agree with both of you.

On 10/2/2017 at 2:18 PM, shiaman14 said:

Salaam,

You know ummayyad also killed the darling Sahabi of Sunnis Abdullah b Zubair 

Not to forget hundreds of salaf  perished in Harrah 

What happened was that the quraish old guard from time of pre Badr days reestablished their authority over Arabs  first by massacring banu Hashim in karbala then scions of muhajireen and ansar families.

15 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

I was just thinking this a couple of nights ago.

Regardless of which Imam it was, Yazeed would have done the exact same thing. And even if it was the Prophet (saw), Yazeed would have done exactly what he did.

I read brother @IbnSina's comments differently but I guess only he can clarify what he meant. I agree with both of you.

16 hours ago, skyweb1987 said:

Did you guys see the video I linked earlier?

I believe the grudge and hatred towards the family of Rasulullah(S) and Rasulullah(S) himself stems from the victory in Mecca.

Of course, had it not been for Saqeefa and the denial of rightful caliphate, this would have turned out differently, but the root of their hatred stems from their ancestors defeat.

Also, yazeed(la) would have never been able to touch the Prophet(S) because the ummah was different, the only reason a man like him came into power and remained in power is because people did not act when they should have and the ummah was asleep.

1 hour ago, IbnSina said:

I believe the grudge and hatred towards the family of Rasulullah(S) and Rasulullah(S) himself stems from the victory in Mecca.

Of course, had it not been for Saqeefa and the denial of rightful caliphate, this would have turned out differently, but the root of their hatred stems from their ancestors defeat.

Agreed with the above comments

13 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

What happened was that the quraish old guard from time of pre Badr days reestablished their authority over Arabs 

How? 

Who allowed them to get established? 

what was the role of the inner circle in their rise to power and why they were set up as a force to counter who? 

On 10/3/2017 at 6:22 AM, IbnSina said:

Actually is was revenge against Imam Ali (as) who had killed many of their families, this is what i heard in a lecture.

3 hours ago, S.M.H.A. said:

How? 

Who allowed them to get established? 

what was the role of the inner circle in their rise to power and why they were set up as a force to counter who? 

They had money 

They had Marriage ties with all the important tribal leaders 

They had trading relations with imp economic centers 

They benefited from the kindness of prophet in rehabilitating them after conquest of Mecca,  quraishi leaders former enemies of Muslims to be treated as equals and given positions of authority in time of Prophet 

Edited by Panzerwaffe

5 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

They had money 

They had Marriage ties with all the important tribal leaders 

They had trading relations with imp economic centers 

They benefited from the kindness of prophet in rehabilitating them after conquest of Mecca,  quraishi leaders former enemies of Muslims to be treated as equals and given positions of authority in time of Prophet 

So, it was not Tribal. It had Power struggle, Money, Economic reason to it. 

You spoke like a true defender of the inner circle. Sacrifice "everything", but the inner circle.

This exactly 'What Happened". and is happening. Truth is known, but it will be swept under the rug. 

The truth is subjective to your interpretation of sources 

What is this "inner circle" may I ask ?

Tribal politics involves money economic and power struggle 

If any force was purely religiously motivated( albeit misguided) are the khawarij

On 02/10/2017 at 8:18 PM, shiaman14 said:

Salaam,

Very well put forward. Jazakalkah!