Marbles

RIP ShiaChat (1998-2017)

Rate this topic

Yeah, it may be said that SC is on life support, or as good as as dead. It's so slow that it makes makes you feel like you're back in the dial up era. (The young ones among you wouldn't know what dial up was, the oldies would know what I'm talking about)

I offer my condolences to old and new members and hoping you'll do something worthwhile with the time you'll save from fussing over 504 timeout error and all the other retarded strains of the error that have been bothering you for the better part of the year.

WS

Shiachat is like a pair of well worn shoes: some people throw them out and get new ones, some people wear them for something comfortable when they have free time, and just a few people take them for repair to try to make them like new. 

On 10/2/2017 at 9:14 AM, Marbles said:

I offer my condolences to old and new members and hoping you'll do something worthwhile with the time you'll save from fussing over 504 timeout error and all the other retarded strains of the error that have been bothering you for the better part of the year.

Marbles, if this is your goodbye topic, it's a little unusual. Most people thank those who have been most kind to them in the interregnum. :) 

21 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Marbles, if this is your goodbye topic, it's a little unusual. Most people thank those who have been most kind to them in the interregnum.

:salam:

I think our dear brother is being sarcastic, but let's admit he has been patient and alerted the teams many times about this issue.

And let's face it, this happens to me almost once out of six attempts of connection, with high risks on islamic occasions like eid, ashura etc...

3 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Marbles, if this is your goodbye topic, it's a little unusual. Most people thank those who have been most kind to them in the interregnum.

Maybe he "lost his marbles".    :hahaha::hahaha:

2 hours ago, realizm said:

I think our dear brother is being sarcastic, but let's admit he has been patient and alerted the teams many times about this issue.

And let's face it, this happens to me almost once out of six attempts of connection, with high risks on islamic occasions like eid, ashura etc...

l think so too. Otherwise, we may expand the singular case to "SC has lost its marbles."  :hahaha::D

Uplifting from the droll to the driven: when l get stymied by the 500-series of server senility, l wait and return later. Notme made a suggestion months ago about putting up a New-Tab ---which never worked for me.

6 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Maybe this problem needs some financial means to fix?

Maybe we can all donate some money instead of complain and wait for someone ells to fix it?

From my understanding, it was not a financial issue. @Dearest admins, please let us know.

7 hours ago, Ali said:

Ive set daily restarts of the server as of last night, lets see if this helps.

^^^ Br. Ali has posted the above in the Veteran Member Forum, where Marbles is a member and can participate.

When the site is slow, Mods cannot do their work. Today has been much better compared to yesterday. Alhamdulillah. 

See your other topic. No problems with 504 error message since October 8. :clap:

On 10/9/2017 at 3:52 PM, Ali said:

Ya Aba and I made a few more changes last night.  Please keep this thread updated so we can measure the performance. @Hameedeh