Mishael

What's with this Pan Arabism?

Rate this topic

This Pan Arabism has destroyed the Middle East with its racist ideology I don't understand the point of it anyways it has done nothing but cause misery to the Middle East which was never Arab historically even today the so called Arab of the Levant and North Africa aren't really Arabs at all they belong to the indigenous inhabitants of the Middle East Arabs come from the Arabian peninsula. This movement has caused so much harm to the non Arabs of the Middle East which I count myself among since I'm Levantine, even non Arab Muslims such as the Kurds and Persians are constantly being attacked by this racist ideology of Saddam and Nasser that is funded by Saudi Arabia and its Gulf friends.

Edited by Mishael

2 hours ago, Mishael said:

This Pan Arabism has destroyed the Middle East with its racist ideology I don't understand the point of it anyways it has done nothing but cause misery to the Middle East which was never Arab historically even today the so called Arab of the Levant and North Africa aren't really Arabs at all they belong to the indigenous inhabitants of the Middle East Arabs come from the Arabian peninsula. This movement has caused so much harm to the non Arabs of the Middle East which I count myself among since I'm Levantine, even non Arab Muslims such as the Kurds and Persians are constantly being attacked by this racist ideology of Saddam and Nasser that is funded by Saudi Arabia and its Gulf friends.

Well the alternative to this more secular movement has always been the Muslim brotherhood  and groups like Al Nusra, Al Qaeda. Btw Saudi helped Saddam against Iran but they've always been anti-Pan Arabism, they preferred backing Sunni Jihadi groups which were anti-pan Arabism, they believed in their version of Islam over anything else. Pan-Arabism isn't a bad thing if implemented correctly, it could foster unity as long as it doesn't marginalize other people, and gives people equal rights. If it doesn't then it's probably more about leadership than the ideology. 

31 minutes ago, Mishael said:

I've heard Salafis and Islamists claim that Arabs are the superior race because Mohammed and his companions were Arabs and that because Ibn Taymmiyah said so.

Possibly, I'd call Saddam a Salafi for sure. 

4 hours ago, Mishael said:

I've heard Salafis and Islamists claim that Arabs are the superior race because Mohammed and his companions were Arabs and that because Ibn Taymmiyah said so.

l have heard this in a mosque of mixed ethnicity.

22 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

The "last" of the Pan-Arabs was Qaddafi in his imitation of Nassr. This lasted until about 2000.

I heard Gaddafi gave up a lot of the things he stood for before come the 21st century. For example cutting welfare, which was one of his main policies before, and recognizing the state of Israel. 

4 hours ago, Mishael said:

No, they don't say that. Salafis are a quite doverse group actually, we have them from Xinxiang to Zahedan, and from Cairo to Cambodia. Theyre the most anti-nationalist people you will meet.

7 hours ago, Mishael said:

Kurds 

Thoughts on whats happeming there @Mishael?

@Mansur Bakhtiari  Qaddafi -and l forget the date- changed from pan-Arabism to Africa-centric in a national broadcast. Policy on lsrael l do not know, but he did work with them a few times.

For info derived from the Clinton emails:

http://www.theecologist.org/News/news_analysis/2987399/why_qaddafi_had_to_go_african_gold_oil_and_the_challenge_to_monetary_imperialism.html 

From a discovered passport found after his death, his Latinized name is "Gathafi".

I myself am very happy for my Kurdish brothers they finally made their dream come true. I was actually against the western interference in Libya plus they helped Islamist Salafis oust him. The only thing Qaddafi did that I'm against was that he oppressed the indigenous non Arab Berbers and took land from them but in general he had a secular rule with no Islamic law and the west and Saudi ended it. 

Yeah that's my only problem aswell with Bashar Al Assad but in general I'd rather he wins then those Salafis supported by Saudi Ahrar Al Sham, Isis, and Tahrir Al Sham. Bashar follows a less racist and extreme version of the Ba'ath movement I'm currently split between supporting Bashar's government and the Kurds and Syriacs of Syria and I hope for a future agreement between the two.

I don't think I personally support any government today, but Kurdistan is just going to cause instability. If Iran is afflicted by western sponsored terror groups, come twenty years Iranian Kurdistan will be pushing for independence. So now a weak country which (surprisingly) isn't majority secular, there are actually many Salafis in Kurdistan, is on Iran's newly created borders. Of course this is a worst case scenario, but nothing good can really come out of a new Kurdistan.

3 hours ago, Mishael said:

I've actually heard that there's many Kurds leaving Islam or just growing plain un religious.

The "unreligious" part l have read off-and-on for years. So how much is accurate and how much is parroting l do not know.

Yeah this nationalism of Iranians is growing among the Kurds, many Kurds that I've seen online seem to resent Islam and praise Zoroastrianism and Yezidism.

Edited by Mishael