Zavon

Did Imam Hussain die while in prostration?

Assalamu'Alaikum.

Out here, I have heard in lectures that Imam al-Hussain (a.s.) was martyred in prostration... Is it the case? Because in Ammar Nakshawani's lecture on "maqtal" I have never heard such a thing. So I am a bit confused...

Please provide me with an explanation; better yet a historical reference. Jazak Allahu Khayr.

Edited by Zavon

1 hour ago, Zavon said:

Assalamu'Alaikum.

Out here, I have heard in lectures that Imam al-Hussain (a.s.) was martyred in prostration... Is it the case? Because in Ammar Nakshawani's lecture on "maqtal" I have never heard such a thing. So I am a bit confused...

Please provide me with an explanation; better yet a historical reference. Jazak Allahu Khayr.

Does it matter? 

2 hours ago, Zavon said:

Assalamu'Alaikum.

Imam Hussain a.s was martyred in best condition in Jihad, best act salah, best position Sujda. You can Google for references or al-islam.org 

Edited by Sindbad05

Zur’ah bin Sharik al-Tamimi struck him on his palm19 and struck [another blow] on his shoulder. Thus, he would [try to] stand, but would fall prostrate on his noble face. In such a condition, Sinan bin Anas al-Nakha’i stabbed him with a spear such that he (as) fell [to the ground]. No one would get closer to al-Husayn (as) except that Sinan bin Anas would charge on him, fearing that the head of [al-Husayn (as)] may fall in the hands of someone else. He then bent down, slaughtered him and separated his head.20 Thereafter, he handed [the head] to Khauliyy bin Yazid [al-Asbahi].

https://www.al-islam.org/event-taff-earliest-historical-account-tragedy-karbala-abu-mikhnaf/martyrdom-al-husayn#martyrdom-al-husayn

10 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Zur’ah bin Sharik al-Tamimi struck him on his palm19 and struck [another blow] on his shoulder. Thus, he would [try to] stand, but would fall prostrate on his noble face. In such a condition, Sinan bin Anas al-Nakha’i stabbed him with a spear such that he (as) fell [to the ground]. No one would get closer to al-Husayn (as) except that Sinan bin Anas would charge on him, fearing that the head of [al-Husayn (as)] may fall in the hands of someone else. He then bent down, slaughtered him and separated his head.20 Thereafter, he handed [the head] to Khauliyy bin Yazid [al-Asbahi].

https://www.al-islam.org/event-taff-earliest-historical-account-tragedy-karbala-abu-mikhnaf/martyrdom-al-husayn#martyrdom-al-husayn

This was blow upon our soul. Hussain a.s was not killed but our future was killed.