LeftCoastMom

Sorry....Haven't been here lately

Rate this topic

After returning from our journeys up north ,Anchorage and beyond, we returned to help our family deal with the death of a young relative.

It has been rough going. Thanks for your prayers and I hope you are having a blessed holy time.

9 hours ago, Dhulfikar said:

May God give you and your family patience and mercy.

Yes, may he. Hard to watch the local ,as my siblings say, "Keystone Kops" make a mess of this. As usual when it involves one of our community.

Bismehe Ta3ala

To God we belong and to Him we shall return.

Wishing your family patience and my condolences to your loss LCG.

When a death is observed, how do they prepare the body or what arrangements are made in funeral services?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

16 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

After returning from our journeys up north ,Anchorage and beyond, we returned to help our family deal with the death of a young relative.

It has been rough going. Thanks for your prayers and I hope you are having a blessed holy time.

Condolences. May God comfort you and your family and community members in this time of tragedy. I am sorry for your loss. :cry: 

1 hour ago, Laayla said:

When a death is observed, how do they prepare the body or what arrangements are made in funeral services?

When the authorities  finally released the body to us, the tribal elders prepared him in the traditional way for our people with paint and his sacred items (the priests here are used to that) and then we had the funeral Mass in the church since my nephew was Catholic. But everyone, Christian or not, attends the service and afterwards performs the tribal rites,songs, and prayers at the burial site.  It is very beautiful,but when it is a 25 year old  it is also very hard.

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem. Alhamdulillahi Rabbi Alamin. Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem. Maliki yawd mideen. Iyaka nabudu wa iyaka nasta'een. Ihdinas siratal mustaqeem. Siratal ladheena anamta alayhim, ghayril maghdoobi alayhim, wallad dalleen.

May Allah rest his soul if he be of those who did more right than wrong and if he be of those whom repented to God and abstained from evildoing. Allah has mercy on the youth and instructs us to be merciful to thy children of Earth so my deepest condolences.

You are Ahlul Kitab and Ahlul Kitab are close to me. :)

18 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

May Allah rest his soul if he be of those who did more right than wrong and if he be of those whom repented to God and abstained from evildoing. Allah has mercy on the youth and instructs us to be merciful to thy children of Earth so my deepest condolences.

You are Ahlul Kitab and Ahlul Kitab are close to me. :)

Thank you. All I will say now, because I don't want to sully your clean mind right before your holy time with the seriously sick stuff I have seen over the last few weeks,is that  he did more right than wrong and tried to prevent some major evil-doing and that's likely why he is dead.

4 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

I forgot the reason I came on here again. Wanted to say... Zayn has been a great blessing in this time. His sweet little presence has been such a comfort to the family.

It hurts.... to lose someone. Inshallah may you feel better and increase in your health. Verily Allah has no limits. And surely Allah is the possessor of mercy. 

33 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

When the authorities  finally released the body to us, the tribal elders prepared him in the traditional way for our people with paint and his sacred items (the priests here are used to that) and then we had the funeral Mass in the church since my nephew was Catholic. But everyone, Christian or not, attends the service and afterwards performs the tribal rites,songs, and prayers at the burial site.  It is very beautiful,but when it is a 25 year old  it is also very hard.

When that happens... It's a true tragedy, not the same when it's an old person, definitely. However, in some parts here, the rites are very different, and although they are still catholic, they are NOT beautiful at all. I remember one tragic case like this, a 21 year old guy who died. The whole town was crying. You were "welcomed" to the town in the worst saddest way. Women falling to the ground, beating themselves, scratching their clothes... Terrible. Probably among the worst experiences in life.

I agree it's not time to laugh, but when someone dies, especially when it's someone close, you try to avoid extreme sadness and want support and company from people. I hope you all are enjoying some peace in that sense, because it's definitely not easy when it happens at such a young age.

^ It is helpful to be part of a big family at times like these. There is a lot of support. I know it is the custom in some cultures to show a lot of public grief and that is okay. Didn't know it happened in Spain, however. Around here, there are traditional channels for saying goodbye to the dead,not so dramatic as you described. What people do behind closed doors is a different matter. DD was the soul of propriety at the funeral and helped" sing across " her cousin beautifully, but the day before she was on the floor of her bedroom in a heap crying her eyes out. SG just got down there with her to try to be a comfort to her. The baby was like a little angel for everyone. But he seemed to know something was wrong and kept patting his mom's wet face.

My own task  at present seems to be to take care of my sister and brother in law and try to keep my anger in check, as well as to keep my brother  from getting in the truck and going after some people. Fortunately we have  enough relatives to help with that.

I'm sorry to hear that @LeftCoastMom. May Allah grant you patience, help you overcome this difficult time. 

We are all here for you.

Edited by Islandsandmirrors