Rate this topic

As salamu alay cum.

I am wondering what if Shia come to take Mecca one day? What would be their attitude towards Sunnis and other groups for example. I have read that non Shia can be treated as non believers, for example in some Shia books (like "essence of life" -/ "ayn al hayat") this seems to be indicated,  but I am not sure of the legal weight of this or the interpretation I have. I am obviously not qualified. But then there are "less orthodox" the Sunnis (afaik) like the Ahmadis. I am wondering of the legal status of non Shia, especially for the rites of haj. For example I heard that the Taliban regarded Shia as non Muslims, sometimes at least. If a Sunni alim regards Shia as non Mulsims, would his followers  through taqlid be regarded as sound for the rites of haj etc? Where is the line drawn and how? I am presuming that non-Muslims aren't allowed on haj.

The purpose of this thread is that although I am a "Sunni" I am not a terrorist supporter and don't like to see killing in Iraq and Syria, but if Iranian backed Shia rule expands (hypothetically) I am wondering how much spiritual weight I might be giving to a "madhab" or school which may or may not respect my choices or school of fiqh.

At these times I would like to also extend apologies for any terror, plus pay respects to the martyrs of the Shia tradition. This may seem like mere words, but its all I can do at present.

Thanks in advance,

Luqman72.

4 hours ago, Luqman72 said:

As salamu alay cum.

I am wondering what if Shia come to take Mecca one day? What would be their attitude towards Sunnis and other groups for example. I have read that non Shia can be treated as non believers, for example in some Shia books (like "essence of life" -/ "ayn al hayat") this seems to be indicated,  but I am not sure of the legal weight of this or the interpretation I have. I am obviously not qualified. But then there are "less orthodox" the Sunnis (afaik) like the Ahmadis. I am wondering of the legal status of non Shia, especially for the rites of haj. For example I heard that the Taliban regarded Shia as non Muslims, sometimes at least. If a Sunni alim regards Shia as non Mulsims, would his followers  through taqlid be regarded as sound for the rites of haj etc? Where is the line drawn and how? I am presuming that non-Muslims aren't allowed on haj.

The purpose of this thread is that although I am a "Sunni" I am not a terrorist supporter and don't like to see killing in Iraq and Syria, but if Iranian backed Shia rule expands (hypothetically) I am wondering how much spiritual weight I might be giving to a "madhab" or school which may or may not respect my choices or school of fiqh.

At these times I would like to also extend apologies for any terror, plus pay respects to the martyrs of the Shia tradition. This may seem like mere words, but its all I can do at present.

Thanks in advance,

Luqman72.

Mr. Label of being shia or sunni is not criteria for being a believer. 

Rather Allah will check the hearts of everyone how much one believes in Tawheed of Allah. That is real test who is believer. 

There is quite possible despite our claims of being a believer in Allah we may prove wrong in our claim. 

Because before Allah label dose not have have value. 

So all muslim sects will have full right to perform Huj. 

Edited by islam25