Rate this topic

Salam,

'I’m a Muslim convert, and when I asked for help, a well-known Muslim man tried to take advantage of me'.

https://thetempest.co/2017/09/22/life-love/this-really-happened/

Read this article which sheds light on how some well known religious figures use their power in an abusive way.

We Muslims should never defend the perverted actions of any Muslim leader regardless of the fact that he/she seems pious from the exterior. 

The problem with many Muslims is that we shy away from the possibility that many religious leaders can be involved with such filthy activities. It doesn't mean that all religious leaders are like that though. However we need to stand up for the victims and take their point of view. Many people just like to shut the victims up, claiming that they are 'slandering' and trying to damage the reputation of the so called 'religious figure'. This is why I feel so many Muslims are close minded and just can't accept reality at times. This religion doesn't depend on anyone. Only the prophets and Imams are infallible.

We are all fallible beings and we need to realize that religious leaders are fallible too. Why does the fact that they have read the whole tafsir of the Quran, mean that they are sinless? They still are faced with challanges and desires etc 

From the article:

'For a long time, I didn’t want to tell people because I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. He had done great things and I didn’t want to be the reason why he couldn’t continue them.'

'A lot of converts I know are extremely vulnerable. Some are shunned by family and left isolated. To target them and think that this is okay is just disgusting. So I told people.'

' I won’t let you ruin this beautiful religion for me because you clearly don’t represent it.'

Salam, Brother. Of course nobody will support a pervert the way she described him. We don't know both sides of the story. Does she still have the photos she mentioned to prove her point? The man in question, whoever he is, is only a lay person and not a scholar. Anyone can start a cult and make a religion look bad. Shame on him.

Many people just like to shut the victims up, claiming that they are 'slandering' and trying to damage the reputation of the so called 'religious figure'

Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى have mentioned this situation in Qur'an Surat Nur and it is necessary to have witnesses with proof:

Why, when you heard it, did not the believing men and believing women think good of one another and say, "This is an obvious falsehood"?

Why did they [who slandered] not produce for it four witnesses? And when they do not produce the witnesses, then it is they, in the sight of Allah, who are the liars.

And if it had not been for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy in this world and the Hereafter, you would have been touched for that [lie] in which you were involved by a great punishment

When you received it with your tongues and said with your mouths that of which you had no knowledge and thought it was insignificant while it was, in the sight of Allah, tremendous.

These things should be solve in better manner than going to social media that any one can come and say anything, slandering without proper proof and Muslims talking about it is very serious sin.

@Dhulfikar Yes slandering is a very big sin, that's why I refused to point fingers at anyone in particular.

We need to keep in mind that this goes both ways. Many people curse, offend and ridicule those who raise their voices. I mean no one will ever know both sides of the story so it's better for us to keep quiet, until the issue is dealt with accordingly.

I choose to not blindly defend anyone regardless of the evidence which might not be concrete. The best thing is to stay neutral. 

12 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

@Dhulfikar Yes slandering is a very big sin, that's why I refused to point fingers at anyone in particular.

We need to keep in mind that this goes both ways. Many people curse, offend and ridicule those who raise their voices. I mean no one will ever know both sides of the story so it's better for us to keep quiet, until the issue is dealt with accordingly.

I choose to not blindly defend anyone regardless of the evidence which might not be concrete. The best thing is to stay neutral. 

Salaam,

I agree that slandering is a big sin but not when done to keep others safe from someone's evil.