Rate this topic

I know this isn't strictly Islamic  advice, but I recommend cleaning up your diet and exercise. 

Excercise helps to produce all those feel good hormones. Some good exercise from Youtube is Elliot Hulse and Fledge Fitness and Fitness Blender and HasFit

Fitness Blender has some good mass building workouts and some HIIT workouts that are good for men. 

Cleaning up your diet can also help. Get out the junk food and the fast food. (I make an exception for subway). If you go out with friends a lot, there's lots of hidden, yucky ingredients in outside food. You might need some clean food from home. Some good high quality proteins and vegetables. Some nice hot tea with cream. 

And for me, one prayer, I don't even know what its called, but it always makes me feel so much better. Its 2 raka'at after 'Isha, where you recite Surah al-Kafiroon 3x and Surah al-Ikhlass once, in each raka'at. 

It always makes me feel relaxed and takes the edge off of me. 

And don't feel bad if you need to take something extra for depression. Insha'Allah I hope it helps you get to where you need to go.

On 10/6/2017 at 11:51 AM, Irfani313 said:

@DarConall  dear brother - focus on the theme of what he is trying to tell you in order to transform yourself, not lost in details.

But for your food for thought; lots of it is esoteric but is also extremely tangible. At least it will be in the day of judgement.

I’ll give you two examples:

1. Quran tells us Allah swt created this universe in 7 days. Obviously there was no sun back then, so what determined the 7 days. What it means actually is 7 periods of metamorphosis. So tangible but so esoteric. Give more thought to it from Quran and you will be amazed at the concultion you will reach. 

2. Hadith tells us that one day of standing in the judgement day would equal 50,000 human years. It’s lietrally this but is also very esoteric. I purposefully gave you this example because - 

Have you ever wondered how / why a seemingly small bit of sin in the world will be punished for say a million years in hell?? Think about it!! I’ll give you an answer but I would like to hear from you first. 

That's my problem... getting lost in details, and they do bother me. Because I belief such details should also be true, however insignificant and small they may seem. God won't make even a small mistake, neither would his prophet. I've to add that it's mostly hadeeth that has a lot of doubtful details, not the Qur'an. So I started doubting all these authorities that wrote down hadeeth and gave it a saheeh mark. Ultimately I've difficulty trusting any of these authorities. My faith in Muslims is honestly gone. 

And yes, thanks for bringing it up because I've often wondered how a small sin could be punished so harshly. That's one of my main ''objections'', I'm trying to understand this part and not judge out of ignorance just yet. If you could explain to me I'd be very thankful. 

Thanks a lot brother, I appreciate your help more than you can imagine.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

What changes have you done so far?

Did you remove yourself from bad friends or are you still hanging out?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

On 9/28/2017 at 11:41 AM, Laayla said:
You can do this, with the help of Allah and love of Ahulbayt, you will get out of your situation Insh'Allah.  Say Bism Allah and start your challenge brother. Turn to Allah not to drs who want to give you a quick fix.  Doesn't solve anything except numb you.  Do you want to feel numb or do you want to self improve yourself and have a relationship with Allah swt?

Meds do solve things and are no different than from needing medication for other parts of your body. They will not numb you. This is misguided and ignorant advice. 

^^^

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

God bless you sister I&M

I trust Allah and Ahulbayt, thank you for your input.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah