DarConall

Lost in life

Rate this topic

I know this isn't strictly Islamic  advice, but I recommend cleaning up your diet and exercise. 

Excercise helps to produce all those feel good hormones. Some good exercise from Youtube is Elliot Hulse and Fledge Fitness and Fitness Blender and HasFit

Fitness Blender has some good mass building workouts and some HIIT workouts that are good for men. 

Cleaning up your diet can also help. Get out the junk food and the fast food. (I make an exception for subway). If you go out with friends a lot, there's lots of hidden, yucky ingredients in outside food. You might need some clean food from home. Some good high quality proteins and vegetables. Some nice hot tea with cream. 

And for me, one prayer, I don't even know what its called, but it always makes me feel so much better. Its 2 raka'at after 'Isha, where you recite Surah al-Kafiroon 3x and Surah al-Ikhlass once, in each raka'at. 

It always makes me feel relaxed and takes the edge off of me. 

And don't feel bad if you need to take something extra for depression. Insha'Allah I hope it helps you get to where you need to go.

On 10/6/2017 at 11:51 AM, Irfani313 said:

@DarConall  dear brother - focus on the theme of what he is trying to tell you in order to transform yourself, not lost in details.

But for your food for thought; lots of it is esoteric but is also extremely tangible. At least it will be in the day of judgement.

I’ll give you two examples:

1. Quran tells us Allah swt created this universe in 7 days. Obviously there was no sun back then, so what determined the 7 days. What it means actually is 7 periods of metamorphosis. So tangible but so esoteric. Give more thought to it from Quran and you will be amazed at the concultion you will reach. 

2. Hadith tells us that one day of standing in the judgement day would equal 50,000 human years. It’s lietrally this but is also very esoteric. I purposefully gave you this example because - 

Have you ever wondered how / why a seemingly small bit of sin in the world will be punished for say a million years in hell?? Think about it!! I’ll give you an answer but I would like to hear from you first. 

That's my problem... getting lost in details, and they do bother me. Because I belief such details should also be true, however insignificant and small they may seem. God won't make even a small mistake, neither would his prophet. I've to add that it's mostly hadeeth that has a lot of doubtful details, not the Qur'an. So I started doubting all these authorities that wrote down hadeeth and gave it a saheeh mark. Ultimately I've difficulty trusting any of these authorities. My faith in Muslims is honestly gone. 

And yes, thanks for bringing it up because I've often wondered how a small sin could be punished so harshly. That's one of my main ''objections'', I'm trying to understand this part and not judge out of ignorance just yet. If you could explain to me I'd be very thankful. 

Thanks a lot brother, I appreciate your help more than you can imagine.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

What changes have you done so far?

Did you remove yourself from bad friends or are you still hanging out?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

On 9/28/2017 at 11:41 AM, Laayla said:
You can do this, with the help of Allah and love of Ahulbayt, you will get out of your situation Insh'Allah.  Say Bism Allah and start your challenge brother. Turn to Allah not to drs who want to give you a quick fix.  Doesn't solve anything except numb you.  Do you want to feel numb or do you want to self improve yourself and have a relationship with Allah swt?

Meds do solve things and are no different than from needing medication for other parts of your body. They will not numb you. This is misguided and ignorant advice. 

@DarConall Unlike you what made me be a muslim shia is the small details in this religion. 

First of all brother don't take random advises from anyone, know their stories first then judge if this person is qualified to guide you. Because most of the time people are subjective, and they tend to give advises based on their perspective not based on islamic rulings.

There will be a lot of people here that will tell you to get therapy, or get some medication, don't do that. Mental health can be treated without medication, and our scholars have proven that talking randomly can harden the heart and make you get further away of God. It's true that psychology have proven that talking about your problem will make it get easier but this is only temporary, now imagine that you are getting a temporary-relief from talking to a normal human being who is just like you, then what would be the effect of talking to the only Creator and supplicating to him? There is nothing more powerful than doaa. You can take the easy way and escape through medication but the Bitter truth that no one will tell you is that it only treats the consequences it doesnt treat the causes. Most of the time all what God wants is for you to Truly believe in him and just say the words. That's it. I am telling you this from my personal experience. We all suffer and we all have doubts at some points but all these tough experiences makes us even more stronger when we overcome them and we Will overcome them, because we have God as our protector and Ahlulbayt as our guidance. What more could we seek? If we only follow their rules 100% we would own the world.

I know exactly how you feel because i've been there myself 4 years ago when i was christian. Take 5 minutes away to read a summary of my story and if you need anything if you need any further guidance or advise don't hesitate to PM me.

And one last thing, Seek refuge from Imam al mahdi (atfs) He is so powerful that he knows what i'm typing right now, word by word. He says: As for deriving benefit from me in my occupation, (it) is like deriving benefit from the sun when it hides behind the clouds. If you know arabic read this book http://www.narjes-library.com/2011/11/blog-post_4669.html

This book made miracles with me, it made me get a lot closer to the imam, it made me get to know him.

Try having God fearing friends aswell this helps a lot.

Start making doaas and don't lose hope, keep on Insisting as each day is passing. Make the first step and leave the rest to God.

^^^

Thank you sister, Sub7an'Allah your advice is golden.

God protect you from all harm.   

From all your struggles and hardship in your journey in life it has made you a stronger and firm believer.  

I hope one day you decide to broadcast your story on Reborn on Ahulbayt tv.  

God bless you.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah  

hi the world that we now live in is as a womb for unborn child he/she have many organs like hands ,eyes ,nose,etc but doesn't have any use for him there but these organs must develop properly to make a successful born but we cant develop ourselves without help of Allah & Ahlulbayt (as). 

On 07/10/2017 at 2:51 AM, Irfani313 said:

Have you ever wondered how / why a seemingly small bit of sin in the world will be punished for say a million years in hell?? Think about it!! I’ll give you an answer but I would like to hear from you first. 

Salam brother,

I relate to the op in a way as I am of similar age and in somewhat of a similar sitaution. Could you please answer this question? I don't know what we're supposed to think the answer is supposed to be. 

On 12/5/2017 at 12:32 PM, Alzaynebia313 said:

Salam brother,

I relate to the op in a way as I am of similar age and in somewhat of a similar sitaution. Could you please answer this question? I don't know what we're supposed to think the answer is supposed to be. 

In the quran it says about the punishment chapter 78 verse 26:جزاء وفاقاً   it means that God punishes someone by the length of his sins He doesn't punish him more, because God is Just and it would be Unjust of him to punish someone more than he deserves, it would break the Fundamentals of islam-shia which are 5: Tawheed(Oneness of God), Adel(justice of God), Prophethood, Imamate and Judgment day.

And when he mentions heaven in the same chapter verse 36, God says that Heaven is a Gift of him to us, meaning He will give us much more than we actually deserve. It's عطاء but not.وفاق   In the end the laws that God applies on us comes from the Unseen, and why he will punish you for example for thousands of years in hell if you kill someone, because you were clearly warned and you didn't obey but at the same time if you repent your sins and it was sincere it will be as if you never did them

On 12/5/2017 at 5:32 AM, Alzaynebia313 said:

Salam brother,

Salamz @Alzaynebia313 -

Our physical human selves are the product, the consequence, and the crop of this plant earth.

On the other hand, our esoteric selves are composed of two things, Nafs and Ruh.

Our human bodies are driven by our Nafs; Nafs is something which leads us to do things, for example, my Nafs wants to eat so I eat, my Nafs wants to go for Friday night party so I go, my Nafs wants me to do Salat so I do and so on.

The whole game of mehd (mother's lap) to lehd (earth's lap, grave) is to train this Nafs to only choose what makes us go to closer to Allah swt. In this process, we teach our Nafs to a level that it becomes submerged in our Ruh. This is the peak of being a human, the way Allah swt wants us to be. 

Now your question -

Our human bodies that are to live on this planet earth for a mere 70-80 years on average, consume materials that have been processed for us for millions, billions, literally trillions of years. Look around, the salt you just sprinkled on your food came into being in millions of years of process, the water you just drank was in streams in this earth for only Allah swt knows how many years; the ring you are wearing, the silver, the carnelian on it, came into being in millions of years of processing, and so on. 

Now imagine, after feeding / adoring / clothing / nourishing our selves with all those ancient blessings of Allah swt, we end up doing something that Allah swt dislikes. Somebody ate food that He gave, used the legs that He created, clothed himself in fine clothes that He provided, and that person walks towards a place of sin!!! The sin which took this person may be less than two hours to commit, by using resources that were created for him in millions of years of making. Would this person be liable for these 2 hours of sinning or for all the ages of worth of materials that he consumed which enabled him to commit this sin??

Hence Imam Sadiq AS said that the distance between us and some momineen would be of "thousands of years of hell fire". Unless we won't prove to Allah swt that we were worthy of living in the neighborhood of Prophets and Aimah AS in this world, we won't be made their neighbors in the next realms. So either purify yourself here or get purified by Allah's swt wrath in the hereafter.  

Edited by Irfani313

On 2017-12-14 at 7:21 AM, Irfani313 said:

Salamz @Alzaynebia313 -

Now imagine, after feeding / adoring / clothing / nourishing our selves with all those ancient blessings of Allah swt, we end up doing something that Allah swt dislikes. Somebody ate food that He gave, used the legs that He created, clothed himself in fine clothes that He provided, and that person walks towards a place of sin!!! The sin which took this person may be less than two hours to commit, by using resources that were created for him in millions of years of making. Would this person be liable for these 2 hours of sinning or for all the ages of worth of materials that he consumed which enabled him to commit this sin??

What if the human did not choose to exist to start with? If they are forced into existence why would they also be obliged to obey? What if they dont want the reward then they should not be subject to punishment either. They can simply choose to pay for the pleasure/boons they enjoyed and then perish? There is no justification for eternal punishment? Even the hadith about if god kept them alive on earth forever tgey will disobey him forever, is not convincing reason for me to believe all merciful god will do this to his subjects. Hellfire is too harsh of a punishment and not by worldly standards but by hadith’s scale. What is a mercy if not to give those who Allah knew will disobey him if he created them a second chance to correct themselves?? Even paradise sounds too rigid and pure that someone who want to truely enjoy on low level senses would find restrictive if it only allows for certain enjoyments