Gohar5

Fasting in muharram first 10 days

Rate this question

Question

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Gohar5 said:

Asalam-u-alaikum! 

I've a question!! That can we fast in the first 10 days of muharram? 

I'll be thankful if anyone will answer this as soon as possible! 

JAZAKALLAH 

from what i know it is only recommended to fast the first 9 days. On Ashura it is prohibited to fast the full day I think, so you only fast from fajar to noon

15 minutes ago, Afsaneh14 said:

from what i know it is only recommended to fast the first 9 days. On Ashura it is prohibited to fast the full day I think, so you only fast from fajar to noon

It's called "faa'qa" in the term I know it. Means that you end/break your fast of 9th and 10th Muharram at the time of Asr.

And from what I have heard you can't fast on 9th and 10th Muharram (it's either that or only 10th Muharram), it's considered makrooh or non-recommended. I could be wrong...

Edited by Zavon

3 hours ago, Zavon said:

It's called "faa'qa" in the term I know it. Means that you end/break your fast of 9th and 10th Muharram at the time of Asr.

And from what I have heard you can't fast on 9th and 10th Muharram (it's either that or only 10th Muharram), it's considered makrooh or non-recommended. I could be wrong...

CORRECTION:

1) You can fast on 8th, 9th or any other date of Muharram. However you can't fast on 10th of Muharram.

2) Some say faa'qa ends at Dhuhr, but I've heard that it ends at Asr. :unsure:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• This does not need any opines from me.  Another Clinton Cash Story  Russia, money laundering, domestic kickbacks, uranium, covert action, speaking fees, ... Solomon and Spamm of The Hill  broke this, 0600EDT, 17Oct17 http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration#,WeYE4DpXq3s.twitter  The conservative National Review  ran a sub-story following these revelations: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/452776/russian-nuclear-scandal-what-did-hillary-clinton-know   
    • ^ I hope that is a rhetorical question. You are a guest and we barely know ye. See this book for knowledge about Imam Hossein AS and inspiration: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235043555-the-revolution-of-imam-al-husayn-a/
    • Each person get more emotional when it comes to different subjects. Just because you have trouble crying or can't cry for Imam Hussain doesn't make you a horrible person. And if you truly think you're a sociopath, please consult with a certified professional.
    • Since talking loudly is not listed does that mean that I am exempted from performing sajdah sahv? Also, if I said Sami Allahu liman hamidah after Sujood would I need to perform Sajdah Sehv? 
    • I wish it was true, but honestly I don't think chi/prana/chakra exists.