Sign in to follow this  
Guest zainab

prophets

Rate this question

Question

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Guest zainab said:

Why all the Prophets and Imans were male?

Prophethood is always tasked to men.  There is an excessive demand on prophets for one thing, they must meet people of both genders sometimes privately (not acceptable in most cultures until recently).  They had to be free to move about and interact with people in society (again not always acceptable in most cultures until more recently).  Prophets are often under extreme ridicule and women tend to react more emotionally to such  things.  Women are generally not as physically strong and would have a difficult time defending themselves.

4 hours ago, Guest zainab said:

Why all the Prophets and Imans were male?

If there are Prophets in males, there are Queen of Women among ladies. We often think that it's only Prophets that were sent but there were also women of great piety who were sent to guide women. And they were helped by angels too like Hazrat Maryam a.s. Their institution is called Queen of Women such as Bibi Maryam a.s was queen of women of her time and Syeda Zahra a.s Queen of women of all times.

Edited by Sindbad05

We already have the four (4) perfect women of islam, Lady Asiya (s.a), Lady Mariam (s.a), Bibi Khadijah (s.a), and the mistress of the women of the world and heavens, Bibi Fatima Zahraa, daughter of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.w.s)

Also, how could you forget Sayyidah Zainab (a.s), on these nights of sadness :cry:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• I will include verse 3:32 the verse after too, for context, Say, "Obey Allah and the Messenger." But if they turn away - then indeed, Allah does not like the disbelievers. Also, in the verses you showed before, pledging allegiance to the messenger is pledging allegiance to Allah?  I don't see your point here.  It's hard for me to assume this means follow sunnah in these verses. Directly after it refers to Zechariah AS, Mariam ASa and Isa ibn Mariam AS,  there's little to no room fir understanding this to mean Sunnah.  In this Surah,  Isa AS through Allah asked that he be followed , what happened to Isa's Sunnah then?  how he prayed and behaved?   And [I have come] confirming what was before me of the Torah and to make lawful for you some of what was forbidden to you. And I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear Allah and obey me. But when Jesus felt [persistence in] disbelief from them, he said, "Who are my supporters for [the cause of] Allah ?" The disciples said," We are supporters for Allah . We have believed in Allah and testify that we are Muslims [submitting to Him]. Our Lord, we have believed in what You revealed and have followed the messenger Jesus, so register us among the witnesses [to truth]." Now we have ourselves a real situation.  Allah is drectly telling us in the quran, Obey the messenger and Obey Allah,  now through these verses (3:50-3:53) we find the Messenger isnt just Muhammad SAW is it? Obey Allah = obey messenger  , and by messenger he means any and all of which were sent (which is in verses we used here in the conversation).   Allah commanded Isa AS like he did to Muhammad SAW to follow him the exact same way .... as earlier mentioned... where is Isa's sunnah?
    • AFAIK, the only sect which has hadith witnesses by Quran its truthfulness, is shia. Hadith al‐Thaqalayn "I leave to you the two weighty things; the Book of Allah and my household. You shall not go astray as long as you keep to them. They shall not separate until they shall come to me at the pond (in Paradise)" Quran witnesses the truthfuness of the hadith above. [Shakir 5:55] Only Allah is your Vali and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay the poor-rate while they bow. [Shakir 5:56] And whoever takes Allah and His messenger and those who believe for a guardian, then surely the party of Allah are they that shall be triumphant. All Muslim sects narrated traditions that Imam Ali had given his ring as charity while he was bowing in prayer and Allah praised him for that and revealed this verse. you can read more in "Life of Imam Ali bin Muhammad Al-Hadi", page 67/201    
    • http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235051768-perspective-of-risala-knowledge-hadith-validation/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-3077281  
    • You mentioned you watched Videos, In this thread I posted a Video you can watch for point 1, for point 2 search youtube for Lecture 03.  Lecture 8 for Succession.  http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235052778-difference-between-sunni-and-shia/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-3086229  
    • I have extreme a doubt in those hadith verses as I beleive they contradict the Quran, and itself.  The Prophet Muhammad SAW if he was of true character, could not have said these words.  Allah left us the Quran, not Muhammad. Allah left us the Book of Allah, in that same book Allah states he is the guide and muhammad SAW is not as I have shown in my posts here earlier. He is but a messenger  (quite literally in quran as I also referenced). For these reasons I don't hold these hadith as authentic.  As I mentioned before ,  why is that necessary?  Are the way Jews and Christians pray from their traditions wrong, or how their (our) messengers did?  I practice the way others learned who believe they learned it from those who saw the Prophet do it.   That is sufficient for me, as how I pray does not dictate my place in hell or heaven, so as long as its Allah who recieves my worship.