Sindbad05

Educating about Dreams

Dreams are important topic of our lives. As a believer, we also believe in true dreams that were taught to us through Quran in the event of Prophet Yusuf a.s. But, most of the time we consider those of our dreams true that may tell us about future. However, after a number of observations, I have found that not certain dreams are true but all dreams are true in one way or other.

If we really focus on our irregular dreams which we consider it as useless. They tell us about what we thought or read or what was in our memories that got into our dreams. Psychologists use such type of dreams to decipher the condition of a patient and a normal person may use this information to improve his psychological health by preventing depression which may result in seeing bad stuff in dreams which causes depression.

As for those dreams which are considered by most of the believers as true are of religious nature. But in this thing, a believer may also get confused due to certain things which if one watches should never consider it prophecy or order bur rather an effect of irregular thoughts which is

1. If any dream that tells something which is haram in Islam. 

It is written in Quran that Iblis said to Allah: "I will sit on Sirat e Mustaqeem and prevent people to reach you".

So, beware that the dream which you saw may look religious but is caused by your nafs and has unwanted things which islam forbids and is just because of your irregular thoughts.  

Allah knows better. 

You can't always take the word of dream. I myself take it as a fodder in a movie. :grin: 

Just now, Zavon said:

You can't always take the word of dream. I myself take it as a fodder in a movie. :grin: 

We can't miss any source of knowledge. Dream interpretation is a field whose knowledge was given to Prophet Yusuf a.s and Allah said in Quranthat He AWJ taught it to Prophet Yusuf a.s.

We have to be cautious always.

If we really focus on our irregular dreams which we consider it as useless. They tell us about what we thought or read or what was in our memories that got into our dreams. Psychologists use such type of dreams to decipher the condition of a patient and a normal person may use this information to improve his psychological health by preventing depression which may result in seeing bad stuff in dreams which causes depression.

Salaam Aleikum,

I have came to a point where when I go to sleep and see an irregular dream, it reflects my old self that was attached to the wordily life. The moment when I wake up, suddenly such a self is gone and my self is directed toward Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. 

This shows that it is Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى that directs the nafs by His mercy.

Edited by Dhulfikar

That was a productive analytical video.  

10 hours ago, iCambrian said:

That was a productive analytical video which shows our dreams have value. I was mainly interested about dreams that fortell future like the two individuals who saw dreams and Prophet Joseph interpreted one to be released and other to be hanged. There are definitely cinditions for those dreams too.