sidnaq

How can we stop AI before its too late?

Bro, l was watching Nightly Business Report, PBS for Tuesday, 26Sept17. Should be available online tomorrow.

They had two features on Al. The first was self-learning algorithms used in stock trading. The second on Al in advertising.

OPINE: The first is glorified trading scheme trying to get a time edge over and above cable length. The second, as l watched this, was a fad use of Al and computer-generated-images to boost store sales (no comments about how that may relate Amazonian inroads.)

So, in answer to your OP question, l think many Al applications will die out on their own. Kinda like before the tech wreck there was the dot-com bubble.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:11 AM, SeekerOfTruthh said:

A.I being intelligent is just nonsense , study computer science and understand what is going on and you will understand that A.I is not intelligent at all , and its more hollywood then reality 

l wrote in BASIC in the 70s and others also had FORTRAN and a couple of others. A friend of mine wrote in Binary --professionally. As l understand it, certain operations were then codified and put into groups/blocks/whatever-they-call-it and those are assembled into operators.  My guess is that self-learning is has "question" forms/routines all along the line codes.

Critique?

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:11 AM, SeekerOfTruthh said:

A.I being intelligent is just nonsense , study computer science and understand what is going on and you will understand that A.I is not intelligent at all , and its more hollywood then reality 

You and the others may like this:

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1074054.shtml   "Beijing tech chip simulates brain activity"

Salam,

Unfortunately most people don't have the basics on computer science and/or neurology to understand that creating a super-intelligent or a conscious AI is almost impossible (at least in the near future). What we're experiencing right now is the emergence of specific AI, meaning machines that are intelligent in specific fields or tasks by "learning" through patterns(e.g. image recognition).

^^^^ "...creating a ...conscious Al is ..."

How can a 'electro-mechanical conscious' be created?

By a profile of needs integrated into a bot's programing.

Power, lubricants, circuitry replacements, structural components, preservation, etc.

The bot then tries to seek these out on its own.

So what will happen when any of these are in short supply.?

hi its looks like using 3 orders of Isaac Asimov for that for AI that can be think as human being i  think we must consider a true educational source its looks like the faith or religion for us in movies the AI independently learn & use everything that humans couldn't understand it & see humans as errors its look like an educated person with no morals he uses everything for his benefit  not for others  we must find a way for true practicing of this type of AI.because we are not very active in this field its develop by persons that dont consider moral & just focusing only on the knowledge .   

First few minutes of this DeutscheWelle program.

What is the solution for Autonomous Vehicles meeting obstacles that are not in its programming?

tag w/ networking, satellites, system learning, human guidance integration, ...

http://www.dw.com/en/tomorrow-today-the-science-magazine/av-41331201 

On 11/14/2017 at 4:43 AM, hasanhh said:

^^^^ "...creating a ...conscious Al is ..."

How can a 'electro-mechanical conscious' be created?

By a profile of needs integrated into a bot's programing.

Power, lubricants, circuitry replacements, structural components, preservation, etc.

The bot then tries to seek these out on its own.

So what will happen when any of these are in short supply.?

An artificial intelligence does not necessarily need to be integrated into a bot. It can also be software designed after the the neural networks that we humans have in our brain.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:03 AM, modaoudi said:

An artificial intelligence does not necessarily need to be integrated into a bot. It can also be software designed after the the neural networks that we humans have in our brain.

Neural networks still need a stimulus-response cycle to function.

My 08Nov post above: Question: ls micro-circuitry now to be rated in "neurality" scales?

Edited by hasanhh