Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hinna Fatimah

Testimony by Mirza Sharafat Hussain Beigh

Rate this question

Question

Guest Hinna Fatimah

Hey brothers and sisters, Mirza Sharafat has written an elegy in english which is named Testimony. I recommend you all to read it. But what I would like to know is that is he a shia or sunni ??

4 answers to this question

Guest Mehnaz Jalali

Dear, hina fatimah, answer to your question is that... i think you are asking about Mirza Sharafat Hussain Beigh... he is the person who has written Testimony, also known as Shahadat Nama in shia circle. As far as i know him...Yes , he is a Shiite and belongs to a well known family and he descends from one of most dominating shia families in srinagar after Ansari's and aghas.

Though often they call themselves moderate, as what we see in his elegy in About Author section. Their contribution to shia literature especially noha (laments) is huge. I guess this is an ancestral job he is doing, writing elegies... Any thing more you want to know about this author, i can inform you. I met him in Kashmir, at De Linz, while eating Kashmiri cuisine. He is personally very humble, polite and gentle man as i know him.

Why are you so curious to know his religion?? He is not any extremist... 

Guest Syed Rameez Hussain

Hello hina and mehnaz, let me tell you, mirza sharafat hussain is a shia,and you are right, mirza beigh prefer to say just muslims when they are asked such questions. I know, he is central performer of markazi jaloos e ashura, i caught him many times reciting his ancestral elegies with central "daira" that is zuljanah's daira on Ashura procession of srinagar. Let me add no one besides their family can recite and perform in central daira of Markazi jaloos, i am sure about this.

Guest ruhi

yes a shia...  he is shia...  from mirza family living in daulat abad, among well known shia families he is from.. .yes 

Guest Rasiya Shabir

Probably a sunni Muslim, he writes about Love as well. Shias don't write anything except Karbala. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this