Zavon

Engagement, and talking with her.

Rate this topic

Okay, I am not engaged but I am curious.

After engagement to what extent can you be in contact with your spouse/ fiancé? Can you talk/call, text her and have a one-on-one conversation? If yes, do we limit the approach with which we shall talk? Like not indulging in useless chatter. :confused:  Can we stalk their personal life? Like for example in modern days it would be: facebook, insta, etc.

Or do we need to have distance till the time of marriage? What's the point of engagement then?? 

These days there is too much haram. So I want to know the halal limits in a relationship such as engagement in Islam.

6 hours ago, Zavon said:

Okay, I am not engaged but I am curious.

After engagement to what extent can you be in contact with your spouse/ fiancé? Can you talk/call, text her and have a one-on-one conversation? If yes, do we limit the approach with which we shall talk? Like not indulging in useless chatter. :confused:  Can we stalk their personal life? Like for example in modern days it would be: facebook, insta, etc.

Or do we need to have distance till the time of marriage? What's the point of engagement then?? 

These days there is too much haram. So I want to know the halal limits in a relationship such as engagement in Islam.

Q5) If two people know that they are going to marry each other but they are not engaged yet, if they hold hands and hug, will it be halal after they get married?

A5) Any relationship between male and female prior to marriage contract is forbidden and impermissible.

Q15) I want to ask about talking to ones fiancee on telephone, is it permissible or not?

A15) If talking is free of provocative words and if there is no fear of falling in sin, there is no objection.

On 9/21/2017 at 8:11 PM, Ron_Burgundy said:

Q15) I want to ask about talking to ones fiancee on telephone, is it permissible or not?

A15) If talking is free of provocative words and if there is no fear of falling in sin, there is no objection.

Will the ruling be the same for text messages?