Rate this topic

Dear SC members,

Asalaam Alaykum everyone. How is it going? Does any of you have advices about how to not get distracted from studies during engagement period? I know this may sound stupid, but I really need your advice. I am recently engaged and this worries me alot.

Please no stupid comments, sarcasm or making fun.

Thank you.

Sara

2 minutes ago, Saraharvey said:

Does any of you have advices about how to not get distracted from studies during engagement period?

I have a similar query although different in the subject matter, I guess I will make a new thread. :thinks:

33 minutes ago, Zavon said:

I have a similar query although different in the subject matter, I guess I will make a new thread. :thinks:

Asaalaam brother Zavon,

Could post my question on your thread? Since you get many replies due to your popularity I may get good advices.

Thank you,

Sara

3 minutes ago, Saraharvey said:

Asaalaam brother Zavon,

Could post my question on your thread? Since you get many replies due to your popularity I may get good advices.

Wa Alaikum Assalam.
I think it would be inappropriate of me to do so. Also, it's not about popularity that who looks at your topic, everyone is treated equals here I suppose.

Edited by Zavon

1 minute ago, Zavon said:

Wa Alaikum Assalam.
I think it would be inappropriate for me to do so. Also, it's not about popularity who looks at your topic, everyone are treated equals here I suppose

Ow I think you have misunderstood me. I meant if you could just post that part about 'how to not get disctracted from studies' part. I have posted previously on this forum, but once I did not get many replies. I thought there won't be any harm in asking you a favour. I understand if you do not wish to do this. I think topics of people's interest are read the most.

Sara

:salam:

It's natural for two love-birds to get distracted during the engagement period and just be conversing, texting, Whatsapping each other - literally - all the time, since it is an overly emotional phase, and you are in a state of "so close, yet so far". I think most members who got married in the last decade or so will agree, as we got married at a time where it was very easy to stay in touch with someone through our cell-phones and internet.

The only advise I can give is to seriously consider the repercussions of not doing well in your studies (your fiancée is not going anywhere, but your opportunity to study is and you will regret it). Self-disciple and focus at a time of great distraction is a skill that needs to be built and it comes through practice. Perhaps ask your other-half to help and encourage you in focusing in your studies, or organize your schedule in a way where you set up a free time where to speak with them regularly, instead of just speaking with them all the time at any time during the day, to the point where you have no time left to study.

Wasalam

Edited by Ibn al-Hussain

29 minutes ago, Ibn al-Hussain said:

:salam:

It's natural for two love-birds to get distracted during the engagement period and just be conversing, texting, Whatsapping each other - literally - all the time, since it is an overly emotional phase, and you are in a state of "so close, yet so far". I think most members who got married in the last decade or so will agree, as we got married at a time where it was very easy to stay in touch with someone through our cell-phones and internet.

The only advise I can give is to seriously consider the repercussions of not doing well in your studies (your fiancée is not going anywhere, but your opportunity to study is and you will regret it). Self-disciple and focus at a time of great distraction is a skill that needs to be built and it comes through practice. Perhaps ask your other-half to help and encourage you in focusing in your studies, or organize your schedule in a way where you set up a free time where to speak with them regularly, instead of just speaking with them all the time at any time during the day, to the point where you have no time left to study.

Wasalam

Great advice! Thanks brother, I will definitely consider it.