SunniBrother

The merits of Talhah

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Munzir Ahmed said:

Quran is very clear in this respect. I prefer Quran over any assumed interpretation by any scholar.

Chapter (20) sūrat ṭā hā

20_121.png

Sahih International: And Adam and his wife ate of it, and their private parts became apparent to them, and they began to fasten over themselves from the leaves of Paradise. And Adam disobeyed his Lord and erred.

Pickthall: Then they twain ate thereof, so that their shame became apparent unto them, and they began to hide by heaping on themselves some of the leaves of the Garden. And Adam disobeyed his Lord, so went astray.

Yusuf Ali: In the result, they both ate of the tree, and so their nakedness appeared to them: they began to sew together, for their covering, leaves from the Garden: thus did Adam disobey his Lord, and allow himself to be seduced.

Shakir: Then they both ate of it, so their evil inclinations became manifest to them, and they both began to cover themselves with leaves of the garden, and Adam disobeyed his Lord, so his life became evil (to him).

Muhammad Sarwar: Adam and his wife ate (fruits) from the tree and found themselves naked. Then they started to cover themselves with the leaves from the garden. Adam disobeyed his Lord and went astray.

Mohsin Khan: Then they both ate of the tree, and so their private parts appeared to them, and they began to stick on themselves the leaves from Paradise for their covering. Thus did Adam disobey his Lord, so he went astray.

Arberry: So the two of them ate of it, and their shameful parts revealed to them, and they took to stitching upon themselves leaves of the Garden. And Adam disobeyed his Lord, and so he erred.

What you are showing is again a Translation by some scholar. What I showed you is the same. Our Translation differs.

Salam,

I read all kind of opinions, assumptions and statements but ..

What did Imam Ali a.s. said about Talha?

Edited by Faruk

15 hours ago, Munzir Ahmed said:

Every sunni love, adore, respect and praise Imam Ali (as). Go to any sunni mosque and ask yourself.

As for as nasibis are concerned they are a small percentage compared to vast majority of sunnis who love and praise Imam Ali.

Infact we praise and respect him more. Unlike shias we dont consider him a coward man who performed taqqiyah and who was not able to save his wife from an alleged attack. Nor we attribute to him divine aspects of any type.

If you truly recognized Imam Ali (as), you would realize his bravery because he chose not to fight the usurping Caliph and his henchmen. Islam did not need a civil war at that time and so the Imam acted exactly the way he should have acted. 

13 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

I'll give you tafseer with pleasure sidi! Look at this classical shia tafseer of 110 surah al khaf and how they twists everything to "believe in the imams and Ali (a.s)

110 - Say: 'I am only a mortal the like of you; it is revealed to me that your God is One God. So whoever hopes for the encounter with his Lord, let him do a righteous act, and associate none with the worship of his Lord.

عن سماعة بن مهران قال: سألت أبا عبد الله عليه السلام عن قول الله: (فليعمل عملا صالحا ولا يشرك بعبادة ربه أحدا) قال: العمل الصالح المعرفة بالأئمة، (ولا يشرك بعبادة ربه أحدا) التسليم لعلى لا يشرك معه في الخلافة من ليس ذلك له ولا هو من أهله .

[al-`Ayyashi] From Sama`a b. Mihran. He said: I asked Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام about the saying of Allah “let him do a righteous act, and associate none with the worship of his Lord” (18:110)

He said: The righteous act is recognition of the Imams “and associate none with the worship of his Lord” surrender to `Ali, not associating with him in the khilafa whoever is that is not for, and whoever is not worthy of it.

By all means, what is more righteous than:

la ilaha illallah
muhammadur rasulullah
Aliyun waliallah, wasi-e-rasoolallah wa khilafatahu bilafasl

al baqar

207 – And there is from the people someone who sells his soul craving those things that are pleasing unto Allah, and Allah is kind unto His servants.

عن جابر عن أبى جعفر عليه السلام قال: اما قوله: " ومن الناس من يشرى نفسه ابتغاء مرضاة الله والله رؤوف بالعباد " فانها أنزلت في على بن أبيطالب عليه السلام حين بذل نفسه لله ولرسوله ليلة اضطجع على فراش رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله لما طلبته كفار قريش

[Tafsir al-`Ayyashi] From Jabir from Abu Ja`far عليه السلام.  He said: As to His saying “And there is from the people someone who sells his soul craving those things that are pleasing unto Allah, and Allah is kind unto His servants” it was sent down regarding `Ali b. Abi Talib عليه السلام when he sacrificed himself for Allah and for His Messenger on the night he recline on the bed of the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله when the unbelievers of Quraysh sought him.

______

Along with the above, the following sunni scholars also attribute this to Imam Ali (as):

1.     Tafseer-e-Tha’labi, vol. 6 pg 479
2.     Kashf al-Bayaan by Tha’labi vol. 1 pg 409 3
3.     Tafseer Mafaateeh al-Ghaib (famous as Tafseer-e-Kabeer) by Fakhruddin Raazi vol. 3 pg 222
4.     al-Mustadrak alaa al-Saheehain, vol. 3, pg 4
5.     Usud al-Ghaabah fi Marifah al-Saḥaabah, vol. 4 pg 25
6.     Tafseer-e-Qurtubbi, vol. 3 pg 347
7.     Shawaahed al-Tanzeel vol. 1 pg 123
8.     Majma al-Zawaaid by Haithami, vol. 7 pg 27
9.     Zakhaair al-Uqbaa by Muhibuddin Tabari, pg 86 etc.
10.     Noor al-Absaar by Shablanji, pg 86
11.     Tafseer-e-Nishapuri vol. 2 pag 8
12.     Tafseer-e-A’qam Zaidi vol. 1 pg 41
13.     Jaame’o Lataaif al-Tafseer vol. 5 pg 111
14.     Jawaahir al-Mataalib vol. 1 pg 241
15.     Al-Salaato Khairun min al-Naum vol. 5 pg 13
16.     Kunooz al-Haqaaiq, pg 31
17.     Ghaayah al-Maraam pg 344-345
18.     Yanaabi al-Mawaddah vol. 1 pg 274
19.     Kifaayat al-Taalib fi Manaaqebe Ali b. Abi Taalib pg 114

Any tafseer of the shia will have Ali (a.s) in it. Even if Allah is talking about bananas in the Qur'an they will twist and say "Bananas means Ali!"

More lies brother. For example, if Allah is talking about "unsubmissive, unfaithful, disobedient, unrepenting, haters" people, we immediately say it is about a couple of wives of the Prophet (saw). So when Allah says:

[Shakir 66:5] Maybe, his Lord, if he divorce you, will give him in your place wives better than you, submissive, faithful, obedient, penitent, adorers, fasters, widows and virgins.

Allah is letting us know in no uncertain terms that some wives will be replaced with wives who are "better than you, submissive, faithful, obedient, penitent, adorers, fasters, widows and virgins." Clearly, it means the wives in question were what I wrote.

See, not everything is about Ali. You just need to know where to look. But then you thought Marwan fought on Imam Ali (as) side so I can't really blame you...

43 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

If you truly recognized Imam Ali (as), you would realize his bravery because he chose not to fight the usurping Caliph and his henchmen. Islam did not need a civil war at that time and so the Imam acted exactly the way he should have acted. 

By all means, what is more righteous than:

la ilaha illallah
muhammadur rasulullah
Aliyun waliallah, wasi-e-rasoolallah wa khilafatahu bilafasl

Along with the above, the following sunni scholars also attribute this to Imam Ali (as):

1.     Tafseer-e-Tha’labi, vol. 6 pg 479
2.     Kashf al-Bayaan by Tha’labi vol. 1 pg 409 3
3.     Tafseer Mafaateeh al-Ghaib (famous as Tafseer-e-Kabeer) by Fakhruddin Raazi vol. 3 pg 222
4.     al-Mustadrak alaa al-Saheehain, vol. 3, pg 4
5.     Usud al-Ghaabah fi Marifah al-Saḥaabah, vol. 4 pg 25
6.     Tafseer-e-Qurtubbi, vol. 3 pg 347
7.     Shawaahed al-Tanzeel vol. 1 pg 123
8.     Majma al-Zawaaid by Haithami, vol. 7 pg 27
9.     Zakhaair al-Uqbaa by Muhibuddin Tabari, pg 86 etc.
10.     Noor al-Absaar by Shablanji, pg 86
11.     Tafseer-e-Nishapuri vol. 2 pag 8
12.     Tafseer-e-A’qam Zaidi vol. 1 pg 41
13.     Jaame’o Lataaif al-Tafseer vol. 5 pg 111
14.     Jawaahir al-Mataalib vol. 1 pg 241
15.     Al-Salaato Khairun min al-Naum vol. 5 pg 13
16.     Kunooz al-Haqaaiq, pg 31
17.     Ghaayah al-Maraam pg 344-345
18.     Yanaabi al-Mawaddah vol. 1 pg 274
19.     Kifaayat al-Taalib fi Manaaqebe Ali b. Abi Taalib pg 114

More lies brother. For example, if Allah is talking about "unsubmissive, unfaithful, disobedient, unrepenting, haters" people, we immediately say it is about a couple of wives of the Prophet (saw). So when Allah says:

[Shakir 66:5] Maybe, his Lord, if he divorce you, will give him in your place wives better than you, submissive, faithful, obedient, penitent, adorers, fasters, widows and virgins.

Allah is letting us know in no uncertain terms that some wives will be replaced with wives who are "better than you, submissive, faithful, obedient, penitent, adorers, fasters, widows and virgins." Clearly, it means the wives in question were what I wrote.

See, not everything is about Ali. You just need to know where to look. But then you thought Marwan fought on Imam Ali (as) side so I can't really blame you...

Okay. Thanks for clarity brother. Yes some Sunnis twists verses saying it refers to the wives, I am aware of that. But I don't think the Shias are unaffected of being bias towards Ali (r.a) as well. For example, Sunnis believe ayah Al Imram verse 103 refers to holding into the Qur'an and not being divided, shias think Rope of Allah refers to Ali (a.s) so I really think both parties may be bias.

For example, Sunnis believe ayah Al Imram verse 103 refers to holding into the Qur'an and not being divided, shias think Rope of Allah refers to Ali (a.s) so I really think both parties may be bias.

Everyone believe in the Qur'an and every is holding on it, yet we we have so many sectarians and tafasirs etc. I really want to say this; how it is so hard for people to not take prophet Muhammad (saws) final sermon seriously? Is it that hard really to take his word when he said I leave among you two weighty things Qur'an and Ahlulbait, is this not enough of proof that if we all hold on these things we don't separate?

8 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

Everyone believe in the Qur'an and every is holding on it, yet we we have so many sectarians and tafasirs etc. I really want to say this; how it is so hard for people to not take prophet Muhammad (saws) final sermon seriously? Is it that hard really to take his word when he said I leave among you two weighty things Qur'an and Ahlulbait, is this not enough of proof that if we all hold on these things we don't separate?

There are 3 versions of that sermon.

1 hour ago, SunniBrother said:

Okay. Thanks for clarity brother. Yes some Sunnis twists verses saying it refers to the wives, I am aware of that. But I don't think the Shias are unaffected of being bias towards Ali (r.a) as well. For example, Sunnis believe ayah Al Imram verse 103 refers to holding into the Qur'an and not being divided, shias think Rope of Allah refers to Ali (a.s) so I really think both parties may be bias.

Let there be no confusion that Surah Tahrim 66:1-6 refers to Hz Aisha and Hz Hafsa. Twisting and turning is when you refer to Hz Aisha as the favorite wife of the Prophet even though the Almighty Allah Himself threatened her with divorce.

What was that about bananas...

56 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

Let there be no confusion that Surah Tahrim 66:1-6 refers to Hz Aisha and Hz Hafsa. Twisting and turning is when you refer to Hz Aisha as the favorite wife of the Prophet even though the Almighty Allah Himself threatened her with divorce.

What was that about bananas...

Allah was too busy explaining bananas, honey bees, mountains and palm trees in the Qur'an and left this really important matters of creed out. That's why he need fallible humans to explain in created Tafseers what He meant.

1 hour ago, SunniBrother said:

Allah was too busy explaining bananas, honey bees, mountains and palm trees in the Qur'an and left this really important matters of creed out. That's why he need fallible humans to explain in created Tafseers what He meant.

Only my Sunni brethren would say Allah can too busy...

On 9/20/2017 at 8:30 AM, SunniBrother said:

So Ali (a.s) is above Muhammad (s.a.w.s)?

No! keep it this way that Munafiqs are worst than Kafirs. Prophet (pbuh) fought against Kafirs/Mushriks and Ali (a.s) fought against Munafiqs. I remember there is verse in Quran requiring Prophet (pbuh) to fight against Kafirs, Mushriks and Munafiqs. When Prophet (pbuh) was asked he (pbuh) replied "Ali a.s will fight against Munafiqs on my behalf"