SunniBrother

The merits of Talhah

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, islam25 said:

What do you mean by " we praise imam Ali because you do not "

Are you San. 

Pick a sahabi after the Prophet to lead the Ummah on pure merit - achievements during the lifetime of the Prophet. Then you will know what I mean.

1 minute ago, shiaman14 said:

Nope. Selective readingitis???

Completion of Islam = succession of Imam Ali.

There is even an ayah about it.

Nope. Selective readingitis???

Completion of Islam = succession of Imam Ali.

There is even an ayah about it.

He got to be Caliph anyway so what is the problem now?

8 minutes ago, islam25 said:

It is unnecessary exaggeration from @shiaman14 to do not regard the repentance of Talha. If he really did it.

I am asking for proof of his repentance. Dying from a mortal wound is not it.

6 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

"Recognition of wrongfulness" is a form of repentance. I think most twelvers just hate the sahabis for the sake of it. Here you are trying to find a excuse to condemn Talhah (r.a)

That's simply uncalled for, recognition of wrongdoing is not always repentance. Most of us don't hate for the sake of hating, at least I don't.

Pick a sahabi after the Prophet to lead the Ummah on pure merit - achievements during the lifetime of the Prophet. Then you will know what I mean.

You said quite disgusting statement. 

We praise Imam Ali because you dont. 

It is unfortunate. 

5 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

You are flawed too brother. Who are we to condemn them? We didn't do 1/20 for Islam like they did. Without them, there wasn't going to be Islam. Without Talhah (r.a) Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s) would have probably had been struck by that arrow on his face (Nauzubillah)

Lol. If I said without Ali, there would be no Islam. I would have been called Ali-worshipper.

2 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

He got to be Caliph anyway so what is the problem now?

"Anyway" doesn't cut it. Truth eventually comes out. The Caliphs did a great disservice to Islam and the Ummah by usurping our right as an Ummah to be led by the person Allah and the Prophet (saw) chose. That is the problem.

3 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

That's simply uncalled for, recognition of wrongdoing is not always repentance. Most of us don't hate for the sake of hating, at least I don't.

If recognition of wrongdoing is not repentance I don't know what is. Please enlighten me what is repentance.

1 minute ago, SunniBrother said:

Doesn't Allah make us sick and suffer in this world to cleanse our sins?

Becoming sick is not repentance. 

Repentance is acknowledgedgin ones sins. The asking Allah forgiveness and never committing it again. 

Just now, shiaman14 said:

"Anyway" doesn't cut it. Truth eventually comes out. The Caliphs did a great disservice to Islam and the Ummah by usurping our right as an Ummah to be led by the person Allah and the Prophet (saw) chose. That is the problem.

The ummah was united under the first two Caliphs... Ali (a.s) got to be caliph. What you want now?

13 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

You are flawed too brother. Who are we to condemn them? We didn't do 1/20 for Islam like they did. Without them, there wasn't going to be Islam. Without Talhah (r.a) Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s) would have probably had been struck by that arrow on his face (Nauzubillah)

Who are we,as flawed human beings to turn a blind eye to the bad things done by the Sahaba in the name of Islam, who are also flawed human beings?

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

Just now, islam25 said:

Becoming sick is not repentance. 

Repentance is acknowledgedgin ones sins. The asking Allah forgiveness and never committing it again. 

Is not repentance. But is a form to cleanse sins. Allah make us suffer in this world so that we don't suffer in the next for all eternity. So we suffer temporarily here

3 minutes ago, islam25 said:

You said quite disgusting statement. 

We praise Imam Ali because you dont. 

It is unfortunate. 

I apologize if I offended you but I find it highly offensive when undeserving sahaba are compared to Imam Ali and chosen over him regardless of the topic.

Let's truly praise Imam Ali - I will rephrase my question - Was there a greater person to lead the Ummah than Imam Ali (as) after the Prophet ?

Just now, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Who are we,nas flawed human beings to turn a blind eye to the bad things done by the Sahaba, who are also flawed human beings?

My problem is you guys turning a blind eye to the good things they did....

3 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

The ummah was united under the first two Caliphs... Ali (a.s) got to be caliph. What you want now?

Yes they were as United as Iraq was under Saddam.

I suppose we should ignore the Ridda Wars and the oppression faced by some sahaba.

I apologize if I offended you but I find it highly offensive when undeserving sahaba are compared to Imam Ali and chosen over him regardless of the topic.

Let's truly praise Imam Ali - I will rephrase my question - Was there a greater person to lead the Ummah than Imam Ali (as) after the Prophet ?

No one is higher then Muhammad (s.a.w.s). Not Ali (a.s) not Talhah (r.a) amd not even Musa (a.s)

2 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

Is not repentance. But is a form to cleanse sins. Allah make us suffer in this world so that we don't suffer in the next for all eternity. So we suffer temporarily here

I guess Yazid got sick and died as a cleansing mechanism. I suppose he is in Heaven now sipping on some Frappaccino.

Just now, shiaman14 said:

Yes they were as United as Iraq was under Saddam.

I suppose we should ignore the Ridda Wars and the oppression faced by some sahaba.

Ali (a.s) fought in the Ridda wars agaisnt a false prophet alongside guess who.. Talhah (r.a)

3 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

That is true. Some of our suffering is for cleansing of sins .

No one is higher then Muhammad (s.a.w.s). Not Ali (a.s) not Talhah (r.a) amd not even Musa (a.s)

You need to slow down and read thoroughly. I specifically wrote "Was there a greater person to lead the Ummah than Imam Ali (as) after the Prophet"

after the Prophet means AFTER the Prophet.

Ali (a.s) fought in the Ridda wars agaisnt a false prophet alongside guess who.. Talhah (r.a)

Brother - I think it's getting late. Imam Ali (as) did not take part in any battles after the demise of the Prophet.