Mohamed1993

Future of Iran nuclear deal

Rate this topic

Iran just said its missile program is up for discussion too (Can anyone verify if this is true?). I don't think they are willing to give up anything else (and they shouldn't, and I hope this isn't the reformists to sell out the country), but I think this is another plan to isolate Washington. When US decertifies the deal, it will be isolated, and if Iran says it is open to more talks on other issues, it will make the US look bad for decertifying thereby forcing to lose even more legitimacy on the global stage.  https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/06/iran-says-its-open-to-talks-on-its-ballistic-missile-program.html

I would be suspicious of any "studies" or polls that appear in the American media regarding military actions against Iran.

I don't know of a single person that supports action against Iran on any level, must less military. The study you posted was conducted by Jews (Sagan who quotes Bernstein) with an agenda. 

Are there people in the US that are against Iran and want to see military involvement? Sure. But it is a minority. The public has no appetite for further adventures in the Middle East. 

Does the media treat Iran fairly in the US? Of course not. Who controls the media?

2 hours ago, Silas said:

The public has no appetite for further adventures in the Middle East. 

How much sway does the public have over the government though realistically? These foreign policy thinktanks in DC all seem to be pro-zionist/neocon hawks that foam at the mouth at the thought of another war, they will sit in their comfy chairs wearing their expensive designer suits as Americans will be sent to die in another needless war. All these politicians go to these thinktanks, get advice from them, I don't think they care to listen to the public. The best thing would be Americans would stand up and say no, I am not going to fight wars for your psychotic agendas, but too many people are too worried that this means they aren't patriotic, they must worship the flag and the anthem, just look at the outrage over what happened during the NFL recently, many people would rather obey politicians than risk being called unpatriotic by dissenting. 

3 hours ago, Silas said:

I would be suspicious of any "studies" or polls that appear in the American media regarding military actions against Iran.

I don't know of a single person that supports action against Iran on any level, must less military. The study you posted was conducted by Jews (Sagan who quotes Bernstein) with an agenda. 

Are there people in the US that are against Iran and want to see military involvement? Sure. But it is a minority. The public has no appetite for further adventures in the Middle East. 

Does the media treat Iran fairly in the US? Of course not. Who controls the media?

Also a good article on this; https://www.juancole.com/2017/10/plummeting-polls-trump.html.