Zavon

Do you support Love or Arrange Marriage?

Rate this topic

Marriage  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a supporter of:

• Love Marriage
    • Arrange Marriage
    • Or a marriage where you fall in love and ask your parents to arrange it

Dunno if this is trolling or what...  :D

Are you a supporter of:

1. Love marriage (where you get to know the girl all by yourself: talk to her, meet up, etc etc.)

2. Arrange marriage (completely on parents mercy) 

3. Or a marriage where you fall in love and ask your parents to arrange it?

.... or are you supporter of single community :blush: :hahaha:

None of the option is inherently good or bad. 

Any of the above can work, depending on the circumstances.

Although I lean towards the option wherein they get to spend some time together to get to know each other before committing.

On 9/18/2017 at 11:30 AM, Zavon said:

Dunno if this is trolling or what...  :D

Are you a supporter of:

1. Love marriage (where you get to know the girl all by yourself: talk to her, meet up, etc etc.)

2. Arrange marriage (completely on parents mercy) 

3. Or a marriage where you fall in love and ask your parents to arrange it?

.... or are you supporter of single community :blush: :hahaha:

1. If everything is done in a halal manner then sure...
  2. Seems kinda backward to me, it's not 1817 anymore but that's just my opinion. Who wants to marry someone simply by being told to marry them?
  3. I think this would tie back to Option 1 eventually anyway.

Single Community? Do you mean never marrying?

9 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

Single Community? Do you mean never marrying?

Yes. I intended it to be a lil' pun. :) 

I don't know what this is called, but the way which I believe is the most correct:

your parents or friends help you find a female to marry to, and if her and her family accept, you can have a couple of months where you and her talk in a halal setting, with no touching and no haram speech, and you will find out if you two really want to marry each other. You as the man also have the privalege of looking at her once without the hijab, so you can know if you are physically attracted to her.

If all goes well, you then can get married.

I don't know what to file that under, but that is the way which I believe is the most correct.

Edited by E.L King

I can say I have known many young and not so young women from my days back in Salafia who were in arranged marriages or were pressured to get married. The pressure was quite unbearable for many of them and it caused soooo many problems for many young converts. And women who ask too many questions before marriage, are considered to either be a fitnah or told to Fear Allah. 

My Bubbi got married at 25. He didn't know who his wife was, and never even looked at her until the day that he got married. 

Thats my 2 cents per arranged marriage.