Sign in to follow this  
Zainab321

Maher for marriage

Rate this topic

I have a question, my maher was gold. My husband and I got into a problem that almost lead to divorce but alhamdulilah it got solved. Now I am back living with my husband. When I asked my husband where my gold is, he is said it's not mine and it is his now. Does he have the right to take my maher? 

2 hours ago, Zainab321 said:

I have a question, my maher was gold. My husband and I got into a problem that almost lead to divorce but alhamdulilah it got solved. Now I am back living with my husband. When I asked my husband where my gold is, he is said it's not mine and it is his now. Does he have the right to take my maher? 

Maher is the wife's right, and the husband is entitled to pay it to his wife right away.

1 hour ago, Zainab321 said:

When we got married he gave me the maher, I've had it since I got married. But when the problem happened, he took it and I've asked for it, he said it's his now 

Get to the mosque. They will defend you, inshallah.

1 hour ago, Zainab321 said:

When we got married he gave me the maher, I've had it since I got married. But when the problem happened, he took it and I've asked for it, he said it's his now 

Its your property. If you want to give it to him its you choice but according to islam it is yours. 

2 hours ago, Zainab321 said:

Allah does not allow people to have a relationship unless it is halal. When the two of you were married, according to the sunnah of the Holy Prophet SA, the agreement on the mahr was wajib. Your husband should not take away your gift. Tell your husband that Allah SWT says: "And give the women (on marriage) their dower [mahr] as a free gift." [Holy Qur'an 4:4]