Reza

#7 Can you cook?

Poll #7  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Can you Cook?

• Yes
    • No

A part of me really wants to learn how to cook. The other part is too lazy to try.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Gawd ... inshallah ... l truly hope you do not "cook" as my mother did.  :tongueangry: "Sickening".

Maybe this is why my little sister is a :love: cook.  :eat:

It's not often you see someone hating on their mum's cooking. Yikes! 

51 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Gawd ... inshallah ... l truly hope you do not "cook" as my mother did.  :tongueangry: "Sickening".

Maybe this is why my little sister is a :love: cook.  :eat:

My grandmother is a lovely woman and a talented painter but I'm certain she must be a worse cook than your mother. Maybe our tastes have changed and that is what people liked back then. 

My mom cooks ok, but she doesn't use any spices or seasonings at all. My stepdad cooks like a chef. 

When I say "cook like a mom" I mean I can economically prepare basic ingredients in such a way that a large family with diverse preferences all find it generally acceptable but rarely outstanding. We are all satisfied, but going out is still a treat. 

3 minutes ago, Shian e Ali said:

A part of me really wants to learn how to cook. The other part is too lazy to try.

Get this book and just follow the directions. Every recipe is easy and acceptable as written.

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/p/how-to-cook-everything-the-basics-simple-recipes-anyone-can-cook-mark-bittman/1108204480/2675023919042?st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Marketplace+Shopping+Books_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP4449&k_clickid=3x4449

@hasanhh I follow this page on Facebook, yesterday I watched a video and it made me think of you. You should check it out, you know for the times when sis isn't cooking. Healthy, frugal and easy meals :eat: I  have never tried any of the recipes but they don't seem bad.

https://m.facebook.com/strugglemeals/

Answering the poll:Yes I can cook, not restaurant quality stuff but no one had ended up in hospital either. Lolz

4 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Point me to the kitchen and I will make you a fresh batch of sweet brownies. 

I can cook some good chicken. Maybe im rusty because I havent done it in a while. By a while im talking years. 

Brownies are good. :D How many years has it been since you cooked chicken? What kind? Fried or baked? 

7 hours ago, notme said:

... economically prepare basic ingredients ...

Like hot water soup ?  :D

More seriously, l stopped at a yard sale today and saw "The Chef's Mystery Cook Book" (1945) which had all kinds of strange stuff in it.

Well, :"strange" to me.

6 hours ago, ireallywannaknow said:

I don't know how I should answer if yes, I can cook if I follow a recipe, but no, I generally cannot pull a meal together by myself with no outside help or instructions.

Do what l do. Go microwave.

7 hours ago, starlight said:

@hasanhh I follow this page on Facebook, yesterday I watched a video and it made me think of you. You should check it out, you know for the times when sis isn't cooking. Healthy, frugal and easy meals :eat: I  have never tried any of the recipes but they don't seem bad.

https://m.facebook.com/strugglemeals/

Answering the poll:Yes I can cook, not restaurant quality stuff but no one had ended up in hospital either. Lolz

l do not have FB. Also, see above ^^^^^.

l do know how to "cook" a little.

l invited my little sister over and she said the food was "so, so".

She also said l should have taken the food out of the dividers and put it on a plate.

Here is a share:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/Tvdinner.jpg 

Edited by hasanhh

On 9/16/2017 at 11:07 AM, notme said:

Go to smile.amazon.com and search for the book HOW TO COOK EVERYTHING: THE BASICS. Click on the "Look Inside" icon and the preview pages show how to set up a pantry, tools you might need to buy, some lessons and techniques. I got hungry looking at the Index of recipes. :D 

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:17 AM, Ron_Burgundy said:

Cooking is fun if you have all the ingredients. 

Now this is what makes cooking a mystery to me.  What ingredients do you use?

According to the bottle, for example, sage is for poultry.

Similarly, steak sauce most certainly goes on beef, so l pour some on my hamburger patty before l cook it.

But when l Iook at a spice racket lt is a bIurr.

On 9/22/2017 at 8:29 PM, hasanhh said:

Now this is what makes cooking a mystery to me.  What ingredients do you use?

According to the bottle, for example, sage is for poultry.

Similarly, steak sauce most certainly goes on beef, so l pour some on my hamburger patty before l cook it.

You need Gordon Ramsey in your life :D. 

On 9/22/2017 at 8:29 PM, hasanhh said:

Use recipes. Just follow the directions precisely. Improvisation is only for people who are either naturally talented, or are willing to risk failure, or have enough experience to know what works with what. 

2 hours ago, notme said:

Use recipes. Just follow the directions precisely. Improvisation is only for people who are either naturally talented, or are willing to risk failure, or have enough experience to know what works with what. 

Recipes? l did that in chemistry class back in the days when azmines were still precipitated. l blew the equipment off the table.

6 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Recipes? l did that in chemistry class back in the days when azmines were still precipitated. l blew the equipment off the table.

So you say you're not good at following directions. I suggest this, then:

MICHELINAS_COUPON_IMAGE.jpg